Weather Software > My AcuRite smartHUB Software

Keep using The Old SmartHub! Kevin has a release version of His Software!

<< < (13/14) > >>

bvstation:

--- Quote from: nincehelser on April 05, 2019, 05:16:45 PM ---
--- Quote from: bvstation on April 05, 2019, 05:10:35 PM ---I'm just completely mind blown that they would make it so you can't use them at all.
Is there anyone we can complain to at acurite?
I really thought I had dodged a bullet with the update to kevins software but now its all for nothing.

--- End quote ---

It's fixable: https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=36552.msg375631#msg375631

--- End quote ---

Well I'm not sure what it says for a fix..I don't see any instructions there that would be simple enough to deal with or worth dealing with to resolve this vs kicking acurite to the curb.

nincehelser:

--- Quote from: bvstation on April 05, 2019, 05:42:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: nincehelser on April 05, 2019, 05:16:45 PM ---
--- Quote from: bvstation on April 05, 2019, 05:10:35 PM ---I'm just completely mind blown that they would make it so you can't use them at all.
Is there anyone we can complain to at acurite?
I really thought I had dodged a bullet with the update to kevins software but now its all for nothing.

--- End quote ---

It's fixable: https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=36552.msg375631#msg375631

--- End quote ---

Well I'm not sure what it says for a fix..I don't see any instructions there that would be simple enough to deal with or worth dealing with to resolve this vs kicking acurite to the curb.

--- End quote ---

Essentially it's just pointing the SmartHUB to a web server through a local DNS entry.

Installing a program like Acuparse will also do the trick, plus it will fix the other issues for independent operation.  It has a good installation guide.

bvstation:

--- Quote ---Installing a program like Acuparse will also do the trick, plus it will fix the other issues for independent operation.  It has a good installation guide.

--- End quote ---

Ehh I don't think that is a windows based program...I really don't wanna dabble with linux at this time again.
Or is it?

galfert:
I wonder if Acuparse would run on WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux). It might. Is that then not dealing with Linux? Ha.... This is a joke that only techies will get.

berjerkin:
Hey all. I'm new here, and I'm looking for some help. I have a smarthub that quit working. I still have data reading on my display indoors, so i know the 5 in 1 is working properly. I downloaded Kevin's app, and tried to run it on my desktop, but i can"t get it to work. I followed the instructions as far as I know. I can't get the app to locate my hub. I installed a USB to Ethernet adapter to hook up the smarthub direct from my hub.  I am running windows 10, and I'm not a very techy guy. Please help!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version