Weather Station Hardware > Oregon Scientific Hardware

How to make a Cheap - Rain Gauge Resolution Modification to your OS hardware.

<< < (3/16) > >>

SlowModem:

--- Quote from: sam2004gp on December 21, 2008, 08:29:06 AM ---
....and since the OS does not show you the daily total for today until tomorrow, and the fact that you have to press the "rain" and "memory" buttons twice to see the Station total, I never even bother to look at the console for rain numbers any more.  I just watch it for temps, and those occasional wind gusts that you notice while passing by.
--- End quote ---

That's exactly right.  The console is not very user-friendly.  However, it displays a lot more information at one time than other weather station consoles.  Like you, I just glance at it occasionally.  I have several monitors that display the information I want to see along with the trends.

Anthony:
I'll get it all done on of these days. I could easily send my rain guage to sam or one of the others and let you do the heater mod and then send it back. The rain mod it fairly easy.

1 find 7-1/2" funnel
2 cut of tip.
3 afix to rain guage
4 add adjustment to vws

sam2004gp:
Quick Update- Currently Spray painting new collection funnel.  More to come at a later day.

sbelmont:
I found a 7 1/4" ID funnel and have my setup ready to change over New Year's day. That means my gain will be 0.285672. I'm not at home and have a question about entering the gain. How many decimal places will VWS take?

sam2004gp:

--- Quote from: sbelmont on December 29, 2008, 03:07:03 PM ---I found a 7 1/4" ID funnel and have my setup ready to change over New Year's day. That means my gain will be 0.285672. I'm not at home and have a question about entering the gain. How many decimal places will VWS take?

--- End quote ---

I did a test gain adjustment last week, after I had just backed up by VWS directory, and I was able to enter it down to 4 decimal places or --->>>  0.1234  I think that should be accurate enough for any application since my website and VWS Desktop Display ony show 2 decimal places or --->>> 0.12

UPDATE: I also got mine final installed today.  I did it two days ahead because no precip is expected until friday and I wanted to give mine about 48 hours to set-up good before it gets wet.  Write-up to come soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version