Author Topic: WU offline ?  (Read 9661 times)

Offline wbnethery3

Re: WU offline ?
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2020, 10:27:16 AM »
I'm having the same issue with WU.  My two weather stations KFLDAVEN9, KFLDAVEN28 were not reporting.  I submitted a support ticket to WU and it seemed to get resolved within 24 hours.  I still have an issue with WU "Weather Sticker" widgets not working.  I summited a ticket for that as well, but no luck so far. I don't know about anyone else, but when I submit a ticket nobody ever gets back to me from WU with an update. A couple years ago I at least use to receive a confirmation from support and an update.  But with the 'new, and improved' Weather Underground, no communications at all.

Try Facebook Group, There is sometime WU member and I got answer there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/145852786027137/

Thanks for pointing out that FB group... looking through recent posts, it appears I am one of the "lucky few" who are still affected. Several with the AcuRite 5-in-1 with WiFi report still being unable to upload to WU.

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2020, 11:02:43 AM »
I still have an issue with WU "Weather Sticker" widgets not working.  I summited a ticket for that as well, but no luck so far. I don't know about anyone else, but when I submit a ticket nobody ever gets back to me from WU with an update.

The Weather Stickers are dead.  IBM pulled the plug on the public data API which fed them last week.

Those "trouble tickets" go into the bit bucket.  The people who used to look at them are gone.

Offline buffy

• Contributor
  • My PWS: Garni Ventus 830
    • PWS Monitor
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2020, 12:07:48 PM »
if PWS is not reporting, there are few steps from WU:

1.    check the wunderground website to see if it is reporting there
2.    if it is not reporting to the web, restart your device, your computer (if PWS is connected there) restart your router, restart your modem
3.    if that does not fix the issue, please post your station id as a comment to this thread, we will see if there is some common thread
4.    Please also post any errors from your station (please make sure to remove anything in the password field from the logs

via  FB Group

Offline wbnethery3

« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2020, 12:23:56 PM »
if PWS is not reporting, there are few steps from WU:

1.    check the wunderground website to see if it is reporting there
2.    if it is not reporting to the web, restart your device, your computer (if PWS is connected there) restart your router, restart your modem
3.    if that does not fix the issue, please post your station id as a comment to this thread, we will see if there is some common thread
4.    Please also post any errors from your station (please make sure to remove anything in the password field from the logs

via  FB Group

Think there are enough reports to see the common thread of remaining users offline are AcuRite 5-in-1 with WiFi... unable to do anything about the uploading script because it's programmed into the base unit and not configurable by the user. I opened a ticket on my WU account, but the initial response was less than encouraging... typical "have you tried restarting it?" stuff.

Offline GregJ

• Forecaster
    • http://www.SkunkBayWeather.com
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2020, 01:05:33 PM »
Stations KWAHANSV4, KWACAMAN3

Widget is dead and history graph is dead.  Data is uploading and WU site is current.

Sites are www.SkunkBayWeather.com , www.CamanoIslandWeather.com at the bottom of the page.

Greg
Davis VP2 with VWS

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -- Mark Twain

Offline buffy

• Contributor
    • PWS Monitor
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2020, 01:22:36 PM »
Stations KWAHANSV4, KWACAMAN3

Widget is dead and history graph is dead.  Data is uploading and WU site is current.

Sites are www.SkunkBayWeather.com , www.CamanoIslandWeather.com at the bottom of the page.

Greg

Public API is OFF. If you didn't add APIKEY and change your scripts, you will see nothing.

Offline MNicastro

• WeatherMike
    • WeatherMike
« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2020, 02:05:18 PM »
Thanks for the information on the Facebook group, but I did away with all my social media accounts  :-). And it's a shame that IBM took away the widgets.  I really liked them on my website. I guess I'll have to figure out another way to display the data.
Mike Nicastro / K7FLA
https://www.weathermike.com)
-------------------------------------------------------
Ambient Weather WS-2000 Smart Weather Station ( KCABEAUM158 )
Ecowitt WS90 7-in-1 Weather Sensor ( KCABEAUM159 )

Offline SuperLid

« Reply #82 on: February 03, 2020, 03:04:37 PM »
AcuRite WiFi 06086M offline on WU.

KNYNYACK14

KNYNYACK21

Offline GregJ

• Forecaster
    • http://www.SkunkBayWeather.com
« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2020, 03:31:01 PM »
Suddenly WU says I don't have a weather station, webcam or API key....  I guess I don't exist anymore....  I have only been reporting since 2006...

Greg
Davis VP2 with VWS

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -- Mark Twain

Offline SevenTrees

« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2020, 04:12:03 PM »
Just starting to poke around for answers, but I noticed WU has been dropping my data around 4-5pm and picking it back up again at 2:04am, since the afternoon of Jan 29th. I'm not at home and so can't do any reset/reboots yet, but curious if anyone else has this issue. Ambient (I have a WS-2000) is showing everything without drops, fwiw.

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Alaska, The Last American Frontier
  • Forecaster
  • Living in the "Last American Frontier"
« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2020, 04:26:51 PM »
Per Tim Roche at WU. All SSL issues should be fixed as of today. Reboot/restart and post results on WU fFB page. Link here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/145852786027137/

Offline huey_driver

« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2020, 11:34:34 AM »
Check timeouts.  I had to remove timeouts to get it to upload to weatherstation.wunderground.com.
Mine is taking 65 seconds on average to update. 

Offline jgbell

« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2020, 02:23:23 PM »
My AcuRite WiFi 06086M also offline on WU.

KALHUNTS264

Offline My-Spot

« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2020, 04:11:36 PM »
Public API is OFF. If you didn't add APIKEY and change your scripts, you will see nothing.

So is it safe to say that WU flash widgets, stickers, etc that we have been using on our web pages are permanently turned off? Otherwise if an APIKEY needs to be added, HOW does one do so? I cannot find code examples.

Offline buffy

• Contributor
    • PWS Monitor
« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2020, 05:01:02 PM »

So is it safe to say that WU flash widgets, stickers, etc that we have been using on our web pages are permanently turned off? Otherwise if an APIKEY needs to be added, HOW does one do so? I cannot find code examples.

I used own scripts on my website and everything is gone. Because public api is off. WU said that these apis will not be turned on again. I don't know what scripts you used and also don't know anything about widgets. But both public apis which I used for actual weather values and charts in my website are gone and will not be enabled.

Link to API documentation is in your profile: MY DEVICES / API KEYS

btw: web flash is dead long time.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 05:03:03 PM by buffy »

Offline K5GHS

• K5GHS's Website
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2020, 07:42:29 PM »
I noticed yesterday when trying to use an app that uses api keys to access WU data that now the keys are invalid. 

So I guess that app will have to change to something else to work now, since that part appears to be dead.
Joshua
K5GHS
http://www.k5ghs.radio

Collin County, TX  Grid: EM13qd  CWOP: AV590
Skywarn Repeaters:  147.180 Primary 146.740 Secondary
100% Emergency Powered Ham Radio Station (540AH Batteries/Solar Rechargeable)
Ambient Weather WS-2000
Ecowitt GW1000

Offline My-Spot

« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2020, 08:49:25 PM »
Link to API documentation is in your profile: MY DEVICES / API KEYS
btw: web flash is dead long time.
The API documentation seems to work for getting JSON data from my WU station but I was hoping to find a simpler way to replace my stickers on my personal WX page. I guess I'm going to need to write some java script but I'm not much of a java coder.

Offline wbnethery3

« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2020, 09:56:20 PM »
My AcuRite wifi direct station (KTXBAYTO114) started updating on WU about an hour ago. Per Tim Roche on the FB WU group page, they rolled back the changes they made last week to try to figure out what happened. So... good news, bad news. They're going to eventually try it again...  ](*,)

Offline wbnethery3

« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2020, 10:03:46 PM »
For those not on FB, here is the text of Tim's post:

Quick update: We have some answers for why many of the stations are not sending data. It appears that many of the embedded device controllers don't behave very well with host names, and are sending data to us in a way that is not expected.

We love that enthusiasts building cool stuff send data to Weather Underground, so while we asses how to fix these issues, we have temporarily rolled back to our legacy system.

We will be testing over the next week to see how to fix these problems, and will ask for help from some of you.

I would like to personally apologize for this issue, we felt our testing was robust, but obviously there were gaps. We're still working on a plan and I will try to keep you updated here

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2020, 10:10:19 PM »
They're going to eventually try it again...  ](*,)

Now that is funny. Does any of this remind anyone of the new WU dashboard rollout? They took the old dashboard away and upset everyone, and then they brought it back. They promised to fix things before taking it away again. But they took it away and left things broken. Business as usual over at WU.

I'm not upset because I don't send data to just WU. If they are down then so be it. Some choose to not send to WU anymore, and that is a fine choice also.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2020, 10:45:21 PM »
Now that is funny. Does any of this remind anyone of the new WU dashboard rollout? They took the old dashboard away and upset everyone, and then they brought it back. They promised to fix things before taking it away again. But they took it away and left things broken. Business as usual over at WU.

Guess what?  This "rollback" also re-enabled the public data access and the old widgets are working again.  :roll:

Offline SuperLid

« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2020, 11:10:23 PM »
Mine are still down.

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2020, 11:38:28 PM »
My AcuRite WiFi 06086M also offline on WU.

KALHUNTS264

You must have left your system hooked up because your back online now .  https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KALHUNTS264

P.S All our WU data boxes  started working again in our signature .

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #98 on: February 04, 2020, 11:52:25 PM »
Mine are still down.
My Flash widget is working but the old banners are not.  The banners are served from WU as a unit but the Flash widget uses the API.

Offline buffy

• Contributor
    • PWS Monitor
« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2020, 02:24:25 AM »
Mine are still down.
My Flash widget is working but the old banners are not.  The banners are served from WU as a unit but the Flash widget uses the API.

One of old APIs is back today... they told me it can happens for while :)

anything