Author Topic: disable included sensor on GW1000  (Read 281 times)

Offline funsutton

• Contributor
    • Weather Underground
disable included sensor on GW1000
« on: May 27, 2020, 10:56:15 PM »
I've searched the forum for this but haven't found the answer yet. So forgive me if I missed it.

Is there a way to disable the onboard temp/humidity/pressure sensor on the GW1000? I'd like it to pick up my WH32b if possible.

I do have my pressure sensor calibrated pretty close to my WH32b, but it's not perfect.

Also, is there a 'backdoor' way to get into the GW1000 other than via the WS View app? Just wondering if there are other settings available.

Thanks.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: disable included sensor on GW1000
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 11:44:32 PM »
No you can't switch internal temp/humidity/pressure for WH32B. If you want to dial it in better then I suggest changing to native units and do it in hPa and you be able to adjust barometric pressure more precisely. Also switch to °C for temperature. After you finish calibrating then switch back to your preferred units. I really see  no point in needing the WH32B. If you argue sensor placement, then I'd say that is why it has a long tether. If tether is not long enough then move the GW1000 to more appropriate location to wherever you'd  be placing the WH32B. The WH32B uses the same sensors. About the only reason I see is to only need to maintain one barometer if you have a HP2551-C display console. But it isn't that difficult to calibrate both.

As to backdoor, we'll yes via API which is how the WS View app communicates with the GW1000. But you wouldn't gain anything that the WS View doesn't already do. Meaning you wouldn't gain any extra configuration features. I know because I've read the API documentation. Sorry it isn't available for distribution. There are various applications that use the API to get data like Cumulus MX, Meteobridge, and Weather-Display. But all they have implemented is to get live data. These applications if they wanted could duplicate WS View functionality for configuration, but they haven't, and probably because it is probably pointless to put in that extra effort and to then maintain this extra programming. These applications just need the data. For any required configuration changes, then you are just better off using WS View.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 11:56:16 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline funsutton

• Contributor
    • Weather Underground
Re: disable included sensor on GW1000
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 12:31:56 AM »
I've dialed it in as close as I can. Even though the sensors are close together, there's still a little variability when one changes and the other doesn't. But it's good enough.

Thanks again.