Author Topic: The end of barani ?  (Read 3691 times)

Offline Julius

The end of barani ?
« on: December 16, 2021, 03:44:41 AM »
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 03:24:46 PM by Julius »

Offline BaseLine

• Senior Contributor
Re: The end of barani ?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2022, 05:46:41 AM »
I was looking to buy Davis but I kept looking and ended up on Barani site.
Are they still in business?
Sun cooked nothingburger of climate change hysteria with a side order of peak-oil nonsense fries.

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2022, 10:46:45 AM »
It still has an active status. I hope they are not under for the sake of their customers :(

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095
Donations are welcome: https://paypal.me/ffuentesb

Offline giusCB

• www.turismometeo.it
  • Forecaster
    • TurismoMeteo OdV Webcam Streaming and Weather Stations live
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2022, 05:08:53 PM »
there have never been major changes on their website. Only promises.  :roll:
www.turismometeo.it
Webcam and Weather Stations live network from Italy

Offline BaseLine

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2022, 07:47:55 PM »
I never thought that buying a PWS will be so frustrating.
Endless BS and hidden costs for getting all the antiquated equipment up an running in a modern network.
This is not directed only at Barani but the entire WS industry. You always need X more things to have a functioning WS.
For example, look at Davis. They still cant figure out how to add wireless support so a practically empty useless plastic box called WeatherLink Live is invented! WTF Davis!?
Sun cooked nothingburger of climate change hysteria with a side order of peak-oil nonsense fries.

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2022, 09:23:15 PM »
For example, look at Davis. They still cant figure out how to add wireless support so a practically empty useless plastic box called WeatherLink Live is invented! WTF Davis!?
At least they haven't totally locked out third party devices. I am running a WiFiLogger in an extra Envoy. It sends to WU, WL, as well as to software on the weather pc. Nice that Davis can have multiple receivers instead one receiver like some stations do.

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2022, 10:46:06 PM »
At least they haven't totally locked out third party devices. I am running a WiFiLogger in an extra Envoy. It sends to WU, WL, as well as to software on the weather pc. Nice that Davis can have multiple receivers instead one receiver like some stations do.

Echo that twice. 90% of them only work with their own unit.
Well done Davis :D

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095
Donations are welcome: https://paypal.me/ffuentesb

Offline giusCB

• www.turismometeo.it
  • Forecaster
    • TurismoMeteo OdV Webcam Streaming and Weather Stations live
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2022, 07:20:27 AM »
a good thing would be to make the barani sensors compatible with the davis system, so that they can increase their popularity on the market.
The rain gauge can already be connected (although i've read negative opinions, not from sponsored posts of course), the meteowind anemometer already has a pulse output that should only be slightly modified to be connected to the davis board.
www.turismometeo.it
Webcam and Weather Stations live network from Italy

anything