Author Topic: Vp2 Wireless console with Cabled firmware  (Read 795 times)

Offline kannema261

Vp2 Wireless console with Cabled firmware
« on: March 16, 2023, 04:20:12 PM »
Hello everybody

I am Kornelis and have a problem, I have updated my before april 2006 6152EU console (serial number A60511D42C) with cabled firmware 3.88.  ](*,) ](*,)
When i want to update to the right firmware i get a message it is not possible because it is a cabled console.
Is there anyone who can help me to go back to the original pre april 2006 firmware?

Thanks

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Vp2 Wireless console with Cabled firmware
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2023, 04:29:35 PM »
I think you would need to talk to Davis support in California. Short of getting hold of a VP2 updater device I can't think of a way. Conceivably Davis have a utility for this situation but I'm afraid that I think it's unlikely.

Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2023, 06:13:28 PM »
So a Wireless console allowed Cabled firmware to be installed but Cabled firmware now won't allow wireless firmware to be installed back? Not much logic in that and yes without an old Updater you are probably stuck?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 05:00:01 AM by Mattk »

Offline kannema261

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2023, 01:18:33 AM »
So a Wireless console allowed Cabled firmware to be installed but Cabled firmware now won't wireless firmware to be installed back? Not much login in that and yes without an old Updater you are probably stuck?

Correct

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2023, 07:57:21 AM »
I remember a forum post about Davis no longer having/providing the infield programmer. You should call Davis but they will probably want the console shipped to them for repair.

Offline kannema261

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2023, 04:09:57 AM »
Yesterday i have found an old firmware 3.15, console accepted the firmware and is functioning correct, Thanks everybody

Offline kannema261

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2023, 12:40:03 PM »
console working again but my hum inside and pressure don't appear  :-(, does anyone have a firmware 1.90?

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2023, 04:18:17 PM »
Check you PM

Offline kannema261

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2023, 04:26:12 PM »

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2023, 04:40:24 PM »
console working again but my hum inside and pressure don't appear  :-(, does anyone have a firmware 1.90?

Contact Davis support—the safest way. Other than that, strictly a guess, is your issue isn’t related to the firmware. Sounds like the console may have “locked up” so the console manual in Chapter 4 states to reset the console by removing AC and batteries. Wait a minute or so, then repower the console. If you have data in the console you don’t want to lose, place the console in setup mode by pressing the done button and the minus key at the same time BEFORE removing power to the console. Downgrading firmware is usually a bad idea.
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0