Author Topic: A few general questions about Vantage Vue  (Read 294 times)

Offline allenm

A few general questions about Vantage Vue
« on: January 20, 2022, 08:27:29 AM »
I installed my Vantage Vue a few weeks ago. It has a console and a WeatherLink Live. For now I'm just using their Basic package on weatherlink.com.

Just to make sure I understand what I think I know. The ISS sends data one-way to both the console and the weatherlink live black box.  The console and black box are completely independent of each other and have no way to communicate back to the ISS or each other. So, the console and black box receive the raw data from the ISS and independently perform their own calculations to arrive at additional information such as Heat Degree Days, etc.

Now the console accepts various settings that it uses to perform its calculations, like setting a Heat Index to 65 or whatever for example for Heat Degree Days calculations.

But how or what does the WeatherLink Live use for such configuration information? I haven't found any way to set those kind of settings either online or in the black box itself.

Is that something a Pro subscription provides? Is there any way to change configuration settings in the black box?

I am using their API to access the black box and retrieve its data every 5 minutes which I write to a log file. That's mainly so I can do my own calculations on the data. But I would like to be sure I know how it calculates Heat Degree Days and other calculated data.

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
Re: A few general questions about Vantage Vue
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 03:17:17 PM »
It does not look like you can change the degree day base temperature for the WLL devices on WL.com. It is fixed at 18.3°C / 65°F

I'd place a support call with Davis and get it on their radar to be fixed.
Mark

anything