Weather Software > ImageSalsa/MovieSalsa

What to do

(1/1)

stormspotteraj:
Hi folks,
I am trying to understand the nuts and bolts behind the webcam thing. I would very much like to be able to broadcast weather condition video from my location. I have a  webcam and I have downloaded ImageSalsa. Where can I get a step-by-step set of instructions explaining in detail what files have to be created, where they have to be created, etc? As an electronics engineer I can fix the stuff when it breaks, but getting video to the web is beyond my education. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. (I would like to be up and running before the spring tornado season). Thanks in advance for your help.

George Richardson:
What type of webcam do you have?  Can you get an image from it onto your computer via image salsa? There are several threads under webcams as well as image salsa that are pretty detailed. To say its a black art may be overstating it but most have trouble the first time, and the second, and the third, and . . . .

Good luck

George

stormspotteraj:
My cam is a Micro Innovations Basic Webcam model IC50C. I don't have anything going to the web as I don't know how to set it up. If it works, I will purchase the software.

Bushman:
IS it working now at all?  It includes SoftPresto! VideoWorks, Mr. Photo, Image Folio, and Ulead Photo Explorer software.  Surely one of those will do what you want.  Failing that, try VFWGrab.

kray1000:

--- Quote from: stormspotteraj on February 01, 2009, 08:33:11 PM ---Where can I get a step-by-step set of instructions explaining in detail what files have to be created, where they have to be created, etc?

--- End quote ---

Here's the ImageSalsa user manual:
http://www.imagesalsa.com/documents/ImageSalsa.pdf

In a nutshell, you create a portfolio, then within that you create a canvas.  After you have completed the video feed setup (for cameras connected to that computer's video card or a USB port), go to the canvas properties within that canvas and enable a "graphics" feed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version