Weather Software > ImageSalsa/MovieSalsa

Imagesalsa - CPU Usage

(1/3) > >>

lmolson:
Looking for feed back on what others see for CPU usage with Imagesalsa.  When I have 1 camera running the CPU usage is minimal 2% once I add the second camera it goes to 50%.  Is this typical?  Any feedback is appreciated.

Lance

kray1000:

--- Quote from: lmolson on January 30, 2012, 01:49:28 AM ---Looking for feed back on what others see for CPU usage with Imagesalsa.  When I have 1 camera running the CPU usage is minimal 2% once I add the second camera it goes to 50%.  Is this typical?  Any feedback is appreciated.

Lance

--- End quote ---

I would say not normal.  I'm guessing you are running a dual-core processor and your second camera is a USB.  There may be a conflict on your system.

Some of the camera drivers out there aren't very good.  Aside from checking for updated drivers, you might try using a different (or dedicated) computer for your ImageSalsa and cameras, or using different software besides ImageSalsa, or trying a different camera or type of camera.

SoMDWx:
Lance,
  I have two PRo 9000 running through IS along with many other apps on my Wx computer. IS takes up the most CPU generally speaking. I have both of my frame rates set to 1 frame/sec. The lower you can go on frames/sec, the less IS will use (CPU -wise). If you are using motion detection in IS then the CPU utilization really shoots up. Check those settings out first. If this doesn't fix things then do like kray1000 said.

Jim

lmolson:
Thanks for the feedback.  Can't add the second computer since the system is really remote and runs on solar.  I have 2 Logitech orbit cams and one other Logitech stationary camera.  They are all USB cameras and I recently added a USB connected Davis Vantage Vue.  I wonder if the cameras are now conflicting with the weatherlink data collector.  I will try to go serial on the weather station and see if that changes anything.  I do run motion detection on all 3 cameras and have left the fps to whatever was defaulted   (3 maybe?)  I will try some of these tips next time I am back at the cabin.  Thanks again.

Lance

Davidb:
Hi,

did you solve your cpu usage problem?   Mine has never been as low as 50 %, I have been running 2 usb cams + 1 cam using a pinnacle dazzle grabber but the computer coped OK.

Yesterday I swapped one of the usb cams for another dazzle and things started going wrong. Jason told me a couple of years ago that he had run 3 dazzles on one machine. I wonder where I am going wrong?

I shall put the frame rate down to 1 per sec and check there is no motion detection going on  for a start.

David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version