Weather Software > VWS Beta Testing

Virtual Weather Station issues V14.01 P43 issues

(1/3) > >>

JOD:
This is my first week online with this software and the first thing I noticed that I dont like is the wind direction arrow. Seems to me that the pointer should point from the edge to the center and not the center to the edge, It's 180 degrees out of phase and a little confusing.

The second thing I noticed is the rain rate is not accurate and today I had a negative reading when it started raining.

Are there any adjustments I can make to the software?
The weather station it self appears to display accurate info.

Thanks...

mmorris:

--- Quote from: JOD on June 25, 2011, 08:25:47 PM ---This is my first week online with this software and the first thing I noticed that I dont like is the wind direction arrow. Seems to me that the pointer should point from the edge to the center and not the center to the edge, It's 180 degrees out of phase and a little confusing.

The second thing I noticed is the rain rate is not accurate and today I had a negative reading when it started raining.

Are there any adjustments I can make to the software?
The weather station it self appears to display accurate info.

Thanks...

--- End quote ---

The arrow points in the direction the wind is coming from. And I have never heard it said (if the arrow pointed the way you want it) that The wind is Blowing to the South. So the Arrow look ok to me the way it is.

Also I can't ever remember a rain rate in the neg. #'s

JOD:

--- Quote ---And I have never heard it said (if the arrow pointed the way you want it) that The wind is Blowing to the South.
--- End quote ---
I have no idea what that means..

I'll explain myself a little better and compare two software programs.

Wunderground has a dial with an edge mounted indicator, the indicator points to the center away from the compass position (E)indicating the direction the wind is blowing from.

Ambient Weather's wind direction indicator points TO the compass point which would give the impresion the wind is blowing TO the East.

neondesert:

--- Quote from: JOD on June 26, 2011, 10:40:44 PM ---
I'll explain myself a little better and compare two software programs.

Wunderground has a dial with an edge mounted indicator, the indicator points to the center away from the compass position (E)indicating the direction the wind is blowing from.

Ambient Weather's wind direction indicator points TO the compass point which would give the impresion the wind is blowing TO the East.

--- End quote ---

There really isn't any way to change this in VWS that I know of.   In fact, the bulletin in WeatherLink displays wind direction the same way.  :|

hdmax:
The issue I seam to have with VWS 14.01 is the sun set/rise, and moon set/rise. If one were to believe VWS, sunrise was this evening at 6:37 PM, and will set in the morning at 9:33 AM, while the moonrise is 3:10 PM, and moonset at 4:52 AM (For all I know, the moon information may be correct, but I know the sun information is not!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version