Weather Software > WeatherLink/weatherlink.com by Davis Instruments

WL & CWOP & WU Beta fix

<< < (5/6) > >>

dalecoy:
Hopefully, somebody will jump in and say how to report this routing problem to (aprs.net?).

Of course, WeatherLink should not crash - so it's possible that changing versions would stop that behavior.  But obviously nothing in WeatherLink can repair the fundamental communications problem.

xykotik:
OK, so I rolled back to 5.9.2a-BETA this morning, and it has been uploading FLAWLESSLY to CWOP/APRS for the past 5+ hours using cwop.aprs.net and port 14580.  I'm leaving it like this.

dalecoy:

--- Quote from: xykotik on April 18, 2011, 06:14:46 PM ---OK, so I rolled back to 5.9.2a-BETA this morning, and it has been uploading FLAWLESSLY to CWOP/APRS for the past 5+ hours using cwop.aprs.net and port 14580.  I'm leaving it like this.

--- End quote ---

That's great, and I wouldn't change a thing, either.  However, out of curiosity, would you re-run the tracert test to cwop.aprs.net please?

xykotik:
I made seven tracert passes in rapid succession...

* fuller (same characteristics as yesterday)
* fuller
* tamu (same characteristics as yesterday)
* 193.1.208.229 in 14 hops (no name resolution, but IP owned by heanet.ie in Dublin Ireland?)
* tamu
* tamu
* tamu
No "Error finding APRS Host" messages in WL log, and APRS packets uploaded uninterrupted for nearly 12 hours now after rolling back to 5.9.2a_beta.

dalecoy:

--- Quote from: xykotik on April 19, 2011, 12:28:02 AM ---I made seven tracert passes in rapid succession...

* tamu (same characteristics as yesterday)
No "Error finding APRS Host" messages in WL log, and APRS packets uploaded uninterrupted for nearly 12 hours now after rolling back to 5.9.2a_beta.

--- End quote ---

That's same with timeouts?

If so, you should report these results to Davis - they imply that 5.9.2a_beta is using a more generous timeout setting than the latest production version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version