Weather Software > My AcuRite smartHUB Software

Kevin's Software still working well. What happens in February?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Jack Bowman:
Does anyone actually know how long the Aculink hub will broadcast weather data before it times out? If it is an hour or longer then a simple timer to reboot the hub within the timespan would be an easy fix. Any thoughts? I guess this is easy enough to find out through experimenting in the debug mode of Kevin's software. Unless Acurite does something to change that timeout limit?

Jack Bowman:
I just got a reply from Kevin. He is looking into whether it is possible to the software to give a proper response to the hub to keep it running.

curiousgeorge58:
I rebooted my PC this morning and the software is no longer working.  I got an email yesterday from Acurite saying Feb 28th would be last day for SmartHub support.

justfrfun:
Acurite didn’t waist any time shutting down the smart hub. My Acurite last updated at 6:30am. However WU continues to update. So far.

Jack Bowman:
Yes, My Acurite dashboard is not functional but Kevin's software continues to pull data from the old hubs outbound traffic. It is, however, updating once a second. So the hub is working overtime trying to establish a connection. The data is correct and my web site, Weather Underground and other selected web destinations are being updated properly. So it looks like I am ok for now with Kevin's software. I have not seen the hub try and reboot once.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version