Author Topic: CWOP Accepting my Packets (syslog says published) but no show Elsewhere  (Read 375 times)

Offline kq6up

The subject says mostly everything.  If I use the round robin DNS names like rotate.cwop.aprs.net etc...  Only some of those IP hosts that this DNS host resolves to seem to be working properly.  I have since identified one exclusive host that works 100% and have listed that as my server in weewx.  I have had perfect posts ever since.  If I go back to round robin, I get snaggle tooth data even though my logs seem to indicate 100% success even if a couple have retries then success.  CWOP-7 seems to never need retries and all packets make it to the world wide APRS net.

Just wanted to report this issue to see if it is known and/or it could be troubleshot.

Thanks,
Chris KQ6UP

Offline N3FWE

The subject says mostly everything.  If I use the round robin DNS names like rotate.cwop.aprs.net etc...  Only some of those IP hosts that this DNS host resolves to seem to be working properly.  I have since identified one exclusive host that works 100% and have listed that as my server in weewx.  I have had perfect posts ever since.  If I go back to round robin, I get snaggle tooth data even though my logs seem to indicate 100% success even if a couple have retries then success.  CWOP-7 seems to never need retries and all packets make it to the world wide APRS net.

Just wanted to report this issue to see if it is known and/or it could be troubleshot.

Thanks,
Chris KQ6UP

Chris

I ran into a simlar problem with rotate.aprs.net    I think I ran across 3 or 4 servers that didn't always accept my packets.   So when my data was passed to that server I would get a time out or password not accepted.   It would usually get picked up on the next cycle when it hit one one of the other servers.    I also selected one of the servers in the pool  like you did and I don't miss any of the cycles.     I use wifi logger so it doesn't sound like weewx. 

We should stick with " rotate.aprs.net" for amateur radio use if the software allows it.   You will need your assigned APRS password.

cwop.aprs.net  is for the none amateur radio users.    It will still work with your callsign But there are some limitations what you can do with your data depending on what you are doing.   

I did have a list of which servers worked and which didn't but now I can't find that list.  :(

Steve, N3FWE

anything