Author Topic: Help on tidying up my landing page  (Read 692 times)

Offline Ian.

• Forecaster
    • Chatteris Weather
Help on tidying up my landing page
« on: October 23, 2023, 03:47:12 PM »
Hi,

Minor niggle that I hope you can help with, on my index page, www.chatteris.biz, I've noticed a darker background on half of the page, rather than the page background being all white.

Any pointers on how I can fix it please.

CWOP - DW3371
PWS - ICAMBRID16
https://www.chatteris.biz

Offline Vasco

• Forecaster
    • PWS
Re: Help on tidying up my landing page
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2023, 04:36:45 PM »
I've noticed a darker background on half of the page, rather than the page background being all white.

Not sure what you are looking at. There is actually a pale blue (#F1F8FE) stripe down both sides, ranging with the wide yellow window (No Regional Advisories or Incidents). This appears to be standard: it occurs on my page, too.

Have to admit, it's pretty fugitive and varies with the angle at which you view the screen.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 04:41:02 PM by Vasco »
Ecowitt GW1102 (with GW2000) + Weather Display in Windows 10

Offline Ian.

• Forecaster
    • Chatteris Weather
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2023, 04:53:15 PM »
Hi Vasco,

Yes the pale blue is what I noticed probably more apparent on my site as I've unwittingly added things below its cutoff.

Not sure why its coded in as a clean white background without this contrast might look better (subjective of course).
CWOP - DW3371
PWS - ICAMBRID16
https://www.chatteris.biz

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2023, 05:41:49 PM »
If there are no better ways on offer, you can change the "blue" mode to have a white background...

In the weather-screen-blue-narrow.css file, the definition for .column-dark has a background-color of #F1F8fE defined. Remove that background colour if you want it white.
Code: [Select]
.column-dark {
    color: black;
    background-color: #F1F8FE;
}
and the same for the wide format in the file weather-screen-blue-wide.css

It would be better to add a "white" colour option though and make that the default, but that is way outside my knowledge of how that template works.

There may other side effects of that hack on other pages though, so check them all out if you make the change.
Mark