Author Topic: Bad Data  (Read 2428 times)

Offline 48lewi

Bad Data
« on: February 02, 2012, 05:53:13 PM »
Hello there everyone,

Been a long time reader, and now a first time poster. I know there are many highly intelligent people on this forum and I need to ask a question. Upon access to Weather Underground today I noticed that my username at the top of the Wunderground site, the drop down box where you can select 'My Weather Stations', was coloured red, and so is the 'My Weather Stations' option.

Underneath my current station in question, a Davis Vantage Pro 2 in operation on Wunderground 24/7 since July 2011, (IDurhamC7), I see that it says 'Quality Control: The thermometer sensor on your weather station has not reported a change in temperature over the past 48 hours. Please check your weather station thermometer and weather station software. Please note that your station has been removed from the site. This message is to help you report accurate information.'

Now I've checked data for my station and it certainly has changed over the past few hours, but only slowly due to high levels of cloud and general murkyness here over the past few days. The maximum temperature attained today was 2.2 degrees Celcius, and now at 11pm its -3.1, but it still displays the 'Quality Control' message under current stations. If I log out and then back into Wunderground, the message and colour disappear for a few minutes before returning.

I'm just wondering if this is an error on WU's part with respect to a tight automatic quality control checker. Is this something that will reset at midnight or do I need to email Weather Underground to ask what's going on.

Thanks in advance,
Lewis,

Offline Midnight Star 1

• Midnight Star 1 Station At Rumsey Island Joppa, MD
  • Senior Contributor
    • Midnight Star 1 At RUMSEY ISLAND JOPPA, MD RUMSEY ISLAND JOPPA, MD Local Weather Conditions
Re: Bad Data
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 06:44:37 PM »
HI 48lewi,

I had my Vantage Vue removed from WU once but my station truly was down for too long
I would send in a trouble ticket through WU just to find out whats going on

STEVEN B. SADLER
Davis Vantage Vue 6250 Wireless, ISS Pole Mount Back Yard
KMDJOPPA3 Wunderground, WeatherLinkIP, DW3776 CWOP
DAVIS WEATHERLINK

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 06:49:16 PM »
Welcome to the forum Lewis.
I have never seen that before. Weatherlink was down for me  yesterday and I didn't see any notification like you mentioned.
This may possibly be something new they are testing and you could be a station they are monitoring. I would drop them an email to find out what it going on. Sounds like your station is working properly but they need to tweak their QC if in fact this is what it is.
Keep us posted with your findings.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline 48lewi

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 07:20:12 PM »
Thanks for the quick replies.  :grin:
This is the first time I've come across this situation aswell, even over the years of submitting data to Weather Underground with numerous different stations. Even though it says that my station has been removed from the site, it certainly hasn't. I've submitted a trouble ticket to WU to see what's going on, and will keep you updated.
Thanks again,

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 07:50:51 PM »
Hi 48lewi! On a side note, you can fix your sig. banner by using BBC code instead of standard HTML. If you use

[url=http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IDURHAMC7][img]http://banners.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/banner/ban/wxBanner?bannertype=wxstnsticker_metric&weatherstationcount=IDURHAMC7[/img][/url]

you will see
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 08:09:40 PM by DanS »

Offline 48lewi

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 07:57:58 PM »
Aha! Thanks for that, I never noticed that my signature wasn't displaying correctly.

Offline 48lewi

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 01:02:27 PM »
Finally got my reply from Weather Underground regarding the bad data issue:

Hello Lewis,
Everything looks fine on this side too. Please try logging out of your Wunderground membership, and then back in again using your email address and password. If this doesn't clear the message, please just ignore it as long as your station continues to appear properly on our site.
Thank you for your support,
Christine.

Just tried logging out then back in, but yet again after a few minutes, the message re-appears. Looks like im going to have to live with it.
Lewis.

anything