Author Topic: A new problem Atlas display .  (Read 433 times)

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
A new problem Atlas display .
« on: October 11, 2019, 12:13:47 PM »
I bought a stand alone lighting detector AcuRite 06045M  and it didn't work at all . Was someones used return that Amazon tried to sell as new .  So I bought from Amazon the " AcuRite Lightning Detector Atlas Weather Station " model 06075M and installed that .  Another member here noticed in another thread I had a low signal strength so I keep track of it and have found out on my display the signal works off and on now . I mean it's bad more times than good with  no signal showing most of the time  . Before adding this new sensor I never had any problems with the signal from my Atlas . Ive tried moving the antenna from one place to another with no help .

So my question is has anyone else added a lighting sensor to there Atlas and when they did how was the signal ?   

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: A new problem Atlas display .
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 12:52:03 PM »
I haven't noticed any signal differences.  I'm not sure why their would be.

The difference in signal composition when the lightening module is installed is that each message is 2 bytes longer.  Each message is sent 3 times per transmission, so that's a total of 6 extra bytes for every 10 second transmission.

anything