Weather Station Hardware > What Weather Station Should I Buy?

AcuRite Atlas Vs Davis Vantage Pro2

(1/2) > >>

devarona:
Hey folks! Ive been reading extensively through forum posts but Im such a newbie to this that I thought maybe putting a post up will help us make a better informed decision.

I work at a startup thats developing systems for commercially airdropping cargo. Weve been using online weather for winds aloft, but we need a weather station to report on winds on the groung.

Ive narrowed it down to AcuRite Atlas and Davis Vantage Pro 2.

My question is, how hard is it to setup and capture data from either, since the fastest solution would work the best for us and the second question is reliability of data from both. They both seem to have pros and cons and from what Ive read, positioning either product is key but it seems like both would work fine for what we need. We just need to know which one to pick based on the data capturing criteria (easy of recording/exporting data) and of course their reliability.

It would mean the world to help this newb out! I skydive for a hobbie so my knowledge of weather is limited to spitting in the air and if the spit flies back into my face, then I wont jump lol.

doubleohwhatever:
Of those two, I would go with the Davis. That said, if the data would be anything remotely close to mission critical, I would opt for a professional anemometer from RM Young (youngusa.com) or something of similar quality.

devarona:

--- Quote from: doubleohwhatever on February 19, 2020, 05:37:48 PM ---Of those two, I would go with the Davis. That said, if the data would be anything remotely close to mission critical, I would opt for a professional anemometer from RM Young (youngusa.com) or something of similar quality.

--- End quote ---

Yeah... I read the post from the Broncos guy and have that as a pricier option if we decide we need absolute reliability.

doubleohwhatever:
Got a link to that post/thread? Just curious what was said.

devarona:

--- Quote from: doubleohwhatever on February 19, 2020, 05:50:42 PM ---Got a link to that post/thread? Just curious what was said.

--- End quote ---

https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=38655.0

I guess the next question is what would be the reason of stepping up from a $700 Davis instruments unit to a $2000 unit from RMYoung?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version