Weather Software > WeeWX Software

Adding Weathercloud

(1/3) > >>

TinkerTown:
I was trying to load weathercloud into my Weewx installation. But I am getting errors when I run the install script. Any ideas?

/tmp:w-pi@ss:0:$sudo /home/weewx/bin/wee_extension --install /tmp/weewx-wcloud.zip
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/weewx/bin/wee_extension", line 88, in <module>
    main()
  File "/home/weewx/bin/wee_extension", line 67, in main
    config_path, config_dict = weecfg.read_config(options.config, _args)
  File "/home/weewx/bin/weecfg/__init__.py", line 176, in read_config
    config_dict = configobj.ConfigObj(config_path,
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/configobj.py", line 1229, in __init__
    self._load(infile, configspec)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/configobj.py", line 1318, in _load
    raise error
configobj.DuplicateError: Duplicate section name at line 94. File /home/weewx/weewx.conf

I checked, there is nothing on line 94. It is where the section that has [StdRESTful]

Gyvate:
Did you check inside the [StdRESTful] stanza if there are duplicate entries on the next lower level stanzas: [[.....]], [[ ....]] ?
Would be good to see your whole weewx.conf in order to get some more ideas. (can attach it as .txt or .zip file)

And what exactly do you mean by
"I was trying to load weathercloud into my Weewx installation."
You want to install functionality to upload data to WeatherCloud ?
The language used sounds (to me) like the opposite.

TinkerTown:

--- Quote from: Gyvate on February 08, 2021, 10:27:33 AM ---Did you check inside the [StdRESTful] stanza if there are duplicate entries on the next lower level stanzas: [[.....]], [[ ....]] ?
Would be good to see your whole weewx.conf in order to get some more ideas. (can attach it as .txt or .zip file)

And what exactly do you mean by
"I was trying to load weathercloud into my Weewx installation."
You want to install functionality to upload data to WeatherCloud ?
The language used sounds (to me) like the opposite.

--- End quote ---

There were no entries for Weathercloud before I tried running the installer. I was trying to install Weathercloud, per the statement in the instructions.

/tmp:w-pi@ss:0:$sudo /home/weewx/bin/wee_extension --install /tmp/weewx-wcloud.zip

Config is attached minus logins. Weathercloud didn't have an entry before.

Gyvate:
apart from finding a fix here - I see that you use a GW1000 - you could have the GW1000 post directly to WeatherCloud using the Weather Networks in the WSView app - that works in any case.  8-) - why make a detour via weewx ? (of course there can be reasons ...)

in your weewx.conf unfortunately lines are cut
(when you make a copy with copy/paste you have to make sure that your debian (Raspbian) editor window (usually nano) has been widened to accommodate the whole line, otherwise lines get cut in the copy/paste process - best is just to make physical copy of the file and rename it (and then edit it for credentials etc.))
# -----start of weewx.conf excerpt ----------------------
[[Services]]
        prep_services = weewx.engine.StdTimeSynch
        data_services = ,
        process_services = weewx.engine.StdConvert, weewx.engine.StdCalibrate, weewx.engine.StdQC, weewx.wxservices.StdWX>
        xtype_services = weewx.wxxtypes.StdWXXTypes, weewx.wxxtypes.StdPressureCooker, weewx.wxxtypes.StdRainRater, weewx>
        archive_services = weewx.engine.StdArchive
        restful_services = weewx.restx.StdStationRegistry, weewx.restx.StdWunderground, weewx.restx.StdPWSweather, weewx.>
# -----end of weewx.conf excerpt ----------------------
can you verify if there is an entry "user.wcloud.WeatherCloud" ?
the whole line should be:
       restful_services = weewx.restx.StdStationRegistry, weewx.restx.StdWunderground, weewx.restx.StdPWSweather, weewx.restx.StdCWOP, weewx.restx.StdWOW, weewx.restx.StdAWEKAS, user.wcloud.WeatherCloud

Gyvate:
maybe you used the wrong file
try the attached one
assuming you copy it into /home/pi/Downloads , run the installer with
sudo wee_extension --install /home/pi/Downloads/weewx-wcloud-master.zip
and see what happens ....

I tried it on my test machine and it ran through without complaints:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo wee_extension --install /home/pi/Downloads/weewx-wcloud-master.zip
Request to install '/home/pi/Downloads/weewx-wcloud-master.zip'
Extracting from zip archive /home/pi/Downloads/weewx-wcloud-master.zip
Saving installer file to /usr/share/weewx/user/installer/wcloud
Saved configuration dictionary. Backup copy at /etc/weewx/weewx.conf.20210209094617
Finished installing extension '/home/pi/Downloads/weewx-wcloud-master.zip'

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version