Author Topic: Can adding Wunderground in WS View break other settings?  (Read 625 times)

Offline flygpagen

Can adding Wunderground in WS View break other settings?
« on: February 05, 2021, 08:54:54 AM »
Hello!
I today visited my station which is remote from my home. Since I had not registered it on Wunderground earlier, I did so using the WS View app. I earlier tried setting the [StdRESTful] parameters from home, but WU only said the station was offline. On location, using the app, it worked.

However, the second I did so, the MQTT updates to my WeeWX sites stopped working. Also the updates to PWSWeather (configured in weewx.conf StdRESTful) stopped.

What I have figured out - I am now at home and not on the same network as the station, so I can't reconfigure it using the app - is this: When I moved the station from home to the permanent location, I had the WS View app connected to my earlier WU station name. Upon moving it, I created a new one in WU to get it right with name and such. Only today did I add the new station to the WS View app Stations-list.

I have checked and the data from the WH2900 still reaches the RBPi that acts as server. The MQTT system still works in WeeWX. Everything changed when I configured WU. The custom service is exactly as before... I will of course go back and see if I can fix the problem, but maybe anyone knows the issue and can tell if it can be fixed using ssh to the RBPi?

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Can adding Wunderground in WS View break other settings?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 09:13:31 AM »
The console you have is was notorious for losing an upload method while another is enabled. This is not normal. I believe that this should be fixed in newest firmware. But you may need to ensure that all services are uploading before calling it a day.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline flygpagen

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 09:28:15 AM »
Interesting! The upload to Ecowitt still works as before. That's why I can't really understand, data flows to the services, and to the RBPi. I'll have to look into the MQTT settings as well.

Like they say - if it ain't broken, don't fix it! I should have left WU out of the game. ;)

Offline flygpagen

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 05:05:46 AM »
A quick visit to the station, opening WS View and saving the settings. Zap. Works again.

anything