Weather Station Hardware > Hydreon RG-11 Optical Rain Gauge/Sensor

Using the Rainguage with the RS232 serial

(1/5) > >>

Fika:
Hey , I recently bought the rainguage and was wondering if anyone got it working using serial out.

I am currently trying to use a USB to serial cable (http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/Cables/USBTTLSerial.htm) hooked up to my PC and using coolterm (simple serial port terminal application) to read the data out from the rainguage but dont seem to be getting any data.

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck getting the serial communication working.

SLOweather:
Where did you find info on the RG-11 having serial output?

Weather Display:
if you were interested, WD supports this rain gauge via the drop count mode, via a 1 wire counter
(for setting that its raining (i,e before the normal rain gauge gets enough rain to tip)

Fika:
Well on their website second picture down you see the dip switches , screw terminal and the third 6 male pins section, bottom right of the third pin section you can see it says RS232. Also we emailed them and asked and they said yes you can read data from the sensor via a serial connection.

I'm trying to hook up the gauge to an ARM board so I cant use your software WD. I've managed to power it using the pins but cant seem to be able to read data from them.

johnd:

--- Quote from: Weather Display on November 23, 2011, 12:39:49 PM ---if you were interested, WD supports this rain gauge via the drop count mode, via a 1 wire counter

--- End quote ---

And, presumably, WD also supports any weather station that uses a TBR for which the RG-11 can substitute, eg a VP2. No need of a separate counter in this situation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version