Author Topic: SERVER CHANGES  (Read 2914 times)

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
SERVER CHANGES
« on: October 03, 2018, 09:17:51 AM »
Oct 3 2018The Blitzortung processing servers will move to new upgraded servers over the next few days...see
https://forum.blitzortung.org/showthread.php?tid=2734 
This is an internal threadt, not on the public boards.

For the past several months, all the computation etc has been done on the LMOrg servers whileBTOrg upgraded etc...
So don't panic if weird thugs happen, particularly you Green system operators... it will take a few days to optimize.....Egon's requested no 'panic' posts or emails for a few days.... :D
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 09:20:23 AM by Cutty Sark Sailor »

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
Re: SERVER CHANGES
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 12:16:03 PM »
Thanks for the update on this, Mike. My Saratoga-based maps are not updating since last evening, I suspect that the server work is responsible.

I guess that I will "wait it out" until they get everything updated.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline W2PJ

• QRZ Listing for W2PJ
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 03:35:36 PM »
Well...it has almost been a monthly and although continuing to track lightening stikes, no user data or statistics....
Does anyone have status on the ongoing server upgrade? 
Thanks Pete - W2PJ

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 04:11:11 PM »
I am still seeing multiple instances for my stations, but the first listed ones seem reasonable.

Their main maps are OK. The data feed for my embedded maps has also been fixed.

Greg H.

Offline Silversword

• --Stan Y.
  • Forecaster
    • Up Country Maui Weather
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 02:57:10 PM »
Hi All,

That is interesting that you can do a search by States.  I did mine and it showed what I have on the attachment.  I see that there is a station on Haleakala but it does not show up on Real Time Lightning map for some reason.  Don't know where it came from?

Regards,

--Stan Y.
   Maui, Hawaii
Stan Y. - KH6HHG - Maui, Hawaii
 --- Blitzortung ID: 993
 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-PHOG1

WDL 6.05
MS Windows 7 Pro
Dell Optiplex GX280-Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz, 4 GB RAM
Davis Vantage Pro 2+ Wireless
Webcam: Axis 211

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 08:33:18 AM »
I am still seeing multiple instances for my stations, but the first listed ones seem reasonable.

Greg H.

The multiple instances for my stations have gone away, so that is OK. The Michigan list looks a little truncated, I think that some stations have gone missing from the list.

Greg H.

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 10:50:16 AM »

Greg H.

The multiple instances for my stations have gone away, so that is OK. The Michigan list looks a little truncated, I think that some stations have gone missing from the list.

Greg H.

I must have had a bad day... I thought I posted re: the multiple listings...
Explanation can be confusing:  There is a whole lot to this restructuring...
... each 'regional' database had to be brought back slowly, and then the data merged into one database for presentation.  Some stations are, and have been, assigned to report to multiple regions. Some, yours, mine, some others, were assigned multiple regions as a "parity'.. reliable data and uptime... this resulted in 'multiple' listings on the 'master', as the new computations were entered, refined, and the 'master' gradually brought into 'production'... c... I think at one time I had over 7 listings... initially, these stations were actually showing 'strokes / signals' assigned to each region... as the Master Merge was restored, these slowly dropped out as each 'database' was confirmed, etc,... .  You may have noted that each 'listing' reflected a 'separate' 'region', rather than a single listing, reflecting 'primary' region. That is, a station in Europe, also supporting Africa and North America, would show three times... Normally, it would only show Once on the 'all stations' list... and once under a North America' search', and once under an 'Africa' search...

This process has been slow, and still needs some refinement. ...has to be evaluated 'over time' as data accumulates...
Since it is still being refined, the 'Station' list, assignments, etc is NOT being reported to LightningMaps Org, at least as of the moment, so LMO is not presenting all the 'new' processing... and won't until the BT servers are fully operational under all the new paradigms.
Additionally, a whole lot of NEW stations, as well as Older Stations, which for one reason or another, didn't report any data during certain times during the restoration and 'upgrade', did NOT show on the new listing, so they have to be sorted out.. etc... NO data, No listing, in other words... Multiple Region Data, multiple listings.. heh...
So now, it's basically down to a 'hunt and peck', individual station 'repair and replace' reactivation, and restoration for the 'garbled' stations... if you follow me... most have to be done manually on the server...  and there are still a few issues.
Clear as mud, right???
Don't fret, there may be some more confusion to come...  :twisted:   but generally, on the Blitzortung side, things are in pretty good shape... the data access, lashups with LMO, and some other apps, will be a bit 'slower'... many of the 'other apps' will require modification to read the main BT data, and that's up to the various app developers.. once the BR protocols are completely in place...]

« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 10:53:13 AM by Cutty Sark Sailor »

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 11:08:38 PM »
Check out the New Station Graphics... V2  I suppose...this is for a BLUE with filters enabled...

Offline W2PJ

• QRZ Listing for W2PJ
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2018, 01:18:22 AM »
Cutty:
How do you get these graphics and what do they mean?  Can you provide a summary of what we are seeing here?
Thanks
Pete - W2PJ

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2018, 01:59:05 AM »
Those are the Server Received signals "real time" from a Blitzortung Receiver after initial processing... Channel Data sent and received.  Among other data, a 'valid' entry by the channel data indicates that channel selected for analysis as possible 'stroke' and 'locating' determination... I'm centainly not going into detail here, there's a lot there if you're a computer or a person much smarter than me. The FFT graphs show the power content across the ELF/VLF spectrum contained in that impulse. An Operator can see his signals 'realtime' on his stations GUI page... these are what the server gets.
Those graphs are not public, Single 'last stroke' images available to operators on their Operator's page', and we have them installed on Sferics.Us with selection of 'last signal' within 2.5 second sample... so wont' really 'see them all'  on the server side .. especially during peak season,... too many signals to try and grab,.. we simply grab an activity snap  on a 2.5 second query.  If there's one there.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 02:06:45 AM by Cutty Sark Sailor »