Author Topic: Cumulus Weather Forum and server  (Read 2198 times)

Offline dc1500

• Laindon Weather
Cumulus Weather Forum and server
« on: October 09, 2018, 06:13:40 AM »
Those of you that use Cumulus and its forum may have read about problems with the server and the unwarranted threat to close it down. Well it appears this may have happened!! A last ditch effort on the forum suggested if the above happened we could make contact about it on here. I can't see another thread relating to it so I hope it is okay to start one here?
Dave

Offline dc1500

• Laindon Weather
Re: Cumulus Weather Forum and server
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 07:41:12 AM »
Server seems to be up and running again as at 12.30pm BST. Good news, Steve may have found the malaware that was causing the problem.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 06:11:37 PM »
What just happened? I started seeing Cumulus wiki instead of this forum loading.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 06:15:40 PM »
If downloads stop and anyone needs a version of Cumulus 1.9.4 let me know. I don't have the MX however.
Randy

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 06:33:04 PM »
What just happened? I started seeing Cumulus wiki instead of this forum loading.
Steve has given notice but forum and all its functions are still working.  However Steve has indicated it will end within a few weeks.  While sad to see it end, Steve is doing the right thing by giving some notice.
After 15 years of developing and supporting Cumulus in its various forms, I have decided that it is time for me to stop. The forum will therefore be closing in the next few weeks. Thank you to everyone for your loyalty, kind words, and help over the years.

I will make the SQL database for the forum available for download once it closes. I will make the SQL database for the wiki available for download.
I don't know how and who but am sure there will be some ongoing support to users.  Maybe on wxforum.net?

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 06:48:50 PM »
Download page wasn't working last time I looked. Why I offered anyone needing a copy IE hard drive failure etc.
Randy

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 07:18:07 PM »
Steve has given notice but forum and all its functions are still working.  However Steve has indicated it will end within a few weeks.  While sad to see it end, Steve is doing the right thing by giving some notice.
After 15 years of developing and supporting Cumulus in its various forms, I have decided that it is time for me to stop. The forum will therefore be closing in the next few weeks. Thank you to everyone for your loyalty, kind words, and help over the years.

I will make the SQL database for the forum available for download once it closes. I will make the SQL database for the wiki available for download.
I don't know how and who but am sure there will be some ongoing support to users.  Maybe on wxforum.net?

Enjoy,
Paul

Yes, I've offered Steve that option.  I'll let you know what he decides.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline dc1500

• Laindon Weather
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 07:22:54 PM »
That would be great if there could be a section on here for it to carry on, especially if the previous help comments could be transferred across.

Offline ericfynne

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2018, 04:40:23 AM »
Downloads are still available here - http://sandaysoft.com/