Author Topic: WU - Let us know your issues  (Read 183937 times)

Offline bagocina

• eMeteo.sk
Re: WU - Let us know your issues
« Reply #775 on: July 26, 2018, 08:56:31 AM »
I created PHP script to support HTTPS WU Weather Stickers via your webhost with HTTPS certificate, until Wunderground resolve this error with unsecurelly images. PHP script is for free on Github https://github.com/bagocina/wubanner under MIT License. Use it at your own risk!

Preview is on https://wubanner.emeteo.sk/

Enjoy!

Amateur weather stations on eMeteo.sk

eMeteo.sk PWS = Raspberry Pi 3 + DHT22 + BMP180 + Sparkfun Weather Rack + SwitchDoc Weather Board + OpenSource Python Code + Own Shell scripts + Own page code

Offline zackdog

• Forecaster
    • Winter Park Highlands Web cams
« Reply #776 on: July 26, 2018, 01:20:34 PM »
I currently have two web cams associated with my station KCOTABER1.  One is my snow stake cam, which should not be the default cam in the summer.  The second is the valley cam which I want to be the default cam in the summer.  Is there a way to change which cam shows when you pull up my station?  I tried to remove the association of the snow stake cam with my station, but the edit function would not change it.

Thanks for any help.

Mark
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 01:24:00 PM by zackdog »
"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." - Dylan

Vantage Pro2 Plus w/ 24 hr FARS and (2) VantageVues

VP2 uploading via Vue console to CWOP, WU, PWS, and Weathercloud.

Offline CBXSteve

• WU PWS KTXPATTO2
« Reply #777 on: July 30, 2018, 06:55:09 PM »
My webcam has been working pretty well in general for the last month or so, except when the system apparently forgets about it completely.  When this happens, it is still showing as registered on the "add a cam" page but shows active=no. Re saving the info usually gets it to come back, and with no loss of historical images (which is strange).  It went down a few days ago, and I just re-registered it again, but it would be convenient If I didn't have to watch over it's status constantly.

Offline stu-in-flag

• Contributor
    • stu-in-flag
« Reply #778 on: July 31, 2018, 08:03:42 AM »
Looks like the precipitation tool on Wundermap is broken this morning.

Offline havtrail

• Senior Contributor
    • Haverford Weather Station
« Reply #779 on: August 02, 2018, 11:47:41 AM »
Glad we were able to resolve this issue.

My WU PWS page is now working normally again. Our data is relayed from HOBOlink, so yes there is a time delay. Any clock issue would be between their server clock and yours at WU. Thanks for sorting this out.

Rich K.

After several weeks of watching my WU PWS page, I can report that it is no longer failing entirely to update. However, it is now common for my WU PWS page to not update for 20, 30, 40 minutes and at times even up to an hour. This can occur at all times of the day and night. Clearly something is still not adjusted right in the HOBOlink -> WU feed process.

HOBOlink constrains me to a minimum connection interval of 10 minutes from my weather station to the HOBOlink server by cellular, with a 5 minute logging interval. So, each update to HOBOlink (every ten minutes) should include the most recent logged data along with data from 5 minutes earlier. My HOBOlink personal station page reflects that update 2 minutes after the stated time for the most recent data, like clockwork. What happens between there and the WU PWS page is "behind the curtain" from my vantage point, but something is not working right between the HOBOlink data feed and the revised Weather Underground ingestion process.

Rich K.
Onset HOBO RX2102 Cellular
https://www.havtrail.com/weather/
NEWA https://newa.cornell.edu Haverford, PA

Offline topdri68

« Reply #780 on: August 03, 2018, 09:53:14 AM »
I have been getting "Please try again later" for days when clicking on the WU weather widget on my S6 Edge Plus - see attachment.  It works sometimes but mostly it does not.  Any ideas?  I have uninstalled and re-installed.  I tried taking it off Wifi and trying with mobile data - still the same.  Thanks for any help! 

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #781 on: August 04, 2018, 03:29:35 PM »
Hi WU,
The "Summary" info isn't showing up on the page for my VT station. It's been that way for a few days now. All the other charts are working A-OK. Summary data is posting correctly on my CT station.

Links in my signature below.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
« Reply #782 on: August 04, 2018, 04:32:18 PM »
summary only has big old F  no numbers  oops
Davis Vantage Pro2 plus     Meteobridge

CWOP FW5142    PWS THAI817    MADIS F5142
WU KTXTHALI2    AWEKAS           weatherobs

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #783 on: August 05, 2018, 11:26:49 AM »
Paul...

Your hosting service is blocking our scraper

wget "http://www.komokaweather.com/weather/wu/image_wu.jpg"
--2018-07-06 17:22:37--  http://www.komokaweather.com/weather/wu/image_wu.jpg
Resolving www.komokaweather.com... 23.229.161.0
Connecting to www.komokaweather.com|23.229.161.0|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
2018-07-06 17:22:37 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

Unfortunately that's not something we can fix from our end.  The IP address we are using to get the image should be 52.27.33.33

Thanks wundergroundPWS. 
I have contacted GoDaddy and they confirm they are blocking as part of their shared hosting security.  My option with them is private server, and I don't think I will go there!

It appears that the FTP method is better than the URL method.  I am already using the camera's FTP to upload the image to http://www.komokaweather.com/weather/wu/image_wu.jpg and that is the URL used by the other webcam sites and had also worked for WU until the webcam problems arose.  I will look how I can do another FTP to WU.  Any suggestions?

Paul

Offline mldenison

• Contributor
    • York, PA Weather
« Reply #784 on: August 05, 2018, 11:57:10 AM »
As of August 1st and after, no data in daily summary section for dashboard?ID=KPAYORK30. The weather history graph and rest of page is functional.

Also, the yearly-file retrieved from WU does not contain any data after July 31, 2018: https://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KPAYORK30&month=01&day=01&year=2018&format=1&graphspan=year
Windows 7 x64
Weather PC: Intel NUC
Davis Vantage Pro 2
Weather Underground: KPAYORK30
York, PA Weather (Saratoga)
York, PA Weather (Leuven)
York, PA PWS Station

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #785 on: August 05, 2018, 08:11:18 PM »
Hats off to the WU folks for addressing so many problems discussed in this thread. I have another, albeit minor in the grand scheme of things. I can view WU readings from my stations, high and low, etc., by day, month, etc. However, if I wish to view my data using WU’s custom range, say by day from January 1, 2018, to August 4, 2018, the days in August do not appear. Maybe the custom range doesn’t work for partial months?

Update: This problem only occurs with KILWHEAT17 but not my other station, KILWHEAT36!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 08:23:33 PM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline RussellFred

« Reply #786 on: August 06, 2018, 11:29:17 AM »
I've lost my High, Low, and Average Summary data display since 01Aug18. The rapidfire and graph updates but for some reason there are no summary. Station ID KMOFREEM2. Thanks
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 12:44:00 PM by RussellFred »
Vantage Pro2 Plus w/ 24 hr FARS

Offline havtrail

• Senior Contributor
    • Haverford Weather Station
« Reply #787 on: August 06, 2018, 11:36:10 AM »
Users who are having Issues with the data showing up in your graph, but not in the current conditions module.

1) What station are you using
2) what software

I think we know what is happening, and will implement a fix by the end of today.  We tried to separate out observations that are current, vs ones that are being sent to fill in gaps in history.  It looks like we tuned the history window a little too aggressively (anything older than 2 mins is considered not current)  we didn't take into account that 1) peoples clocks aren't always right and 2) that some stations go through a third party relay, and might take 2 minutes to get to us. 

We are setting the allowable delay to 15 minutes

If you could bump up the allowable delay to 20 minutes, it may greatly improve our present situation of WU PWS updates taking up to an hour, fairly regularly, while HOBOlink is sending date every 10 minutes like clockwork. Quoting the HOBOlink manual (pg 44):

"Note: There may be up to a 15-minute delay from the time the device connects to HOBOlink until the data appears in Weather Underground. In addition, the Weather Underground data feed [from HOBOlink] will only send data at a minimum ten minute interval. If the logging rate on the station is faster than ten minutes, a data point will only be sent to Weather Underground if it is at least ten minutes after the last data point was sent. For example, if the logging interval is 1 minute and the first data point is sent to Weather Underground at 10:03, then the next data point will be sent at 10:13 even though data is logged every minute between 10:03 and 10:13."

So it sounds like we might be presently operating right on the edge with the present 15 minute allowable delay.

I am also going to try to get the HOBO folks to permit a 5 minute feed interval instead of their present minimum interval of 10 minutes.

I'm glad the WU updates are working now, but they are not working well for HOBOlink users, and delays of up to an hour or more are really unacceptable for my particular use, with a primary mission of providing public availability of present local weather conditions.

Rich K.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 11:37:54 AM by havtrail »
Onset HOBO RX2102 Cellular
https://www.havtrail.com/weather/
NEWA https://newa.cornell.edu Haverford, PA

Offline doggonemess

« Reply #788 on: August 06, 2018, 01:25:30 PM »
Astronomy data is having some issues -- engineers are working on a fix.

Missing Mapbox GL JS CSS has also been an issue -- engineers are working on that too.

Appreciate your patience.

I too am having the "Missing Mapbox GL JS CSS" issue, but only on my work machine. At home, I see it just fine. Both use the same version of Chrome. If it's any help, my work machine is a Dell WYSE thin client, while my home machine is an actual PC.

Maybe there's something to that.

Offline mttulloch

« Reply #789 on: August 06, 2018, 02:38:58 PM »
All I get when I try to open the App is "Please try again later" I can delete the App, reinstall and it will work for about half to a full day then crash again. The temperature will correctly show in the notification area and updates correctly. I just cant open the map or the App.

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #790 on: August 06, 2018, 02:56:55 PM »
I'll talk it through with our dev and product teams. 

Users who are having Issues with the data showing up in your graph, but not in the current conditions module.

1) What station are you using
2) what software

I think we know what is happening, and will implement a fix by the end of today.  We tried to separate out observations that are current, vs ones that are being sent to fill in gaps in history.  It looks like we tuned the history window a little too aggressively (anything older than 2 mins is considered not current)  we didn't take into account that 1) peoples clocks aren't always right and 2) that some stations go through a third party relay, and might take 2 minutes to get to us. 

We are setting the allowable delay to 15 minutes

If you could bump up the allowable delay to 20 minutes, it may greatly improve our present situation of WU PWS updates taking up to an hour, fairly regularly, while HOBOlink is sending date every 10 minutes like clockwork. Quoting the HOBOlink manual (pg 44):

"Note: There may be up to a 15-minute delay from the time the device connects to HOBOlink until the data appears in Weather Underground. In addition, the Weather Underground data feed [from HOBOlink] will only send data at a minimum ten minute interval. If the logging rate on the station is faster than ten minutes, a data point will only be sent to Weather Underground if it is at least ten minutes after the last data point was sent. For example, if the logging interval is 1 minute and the first data point is sent to Weather Underground at 10:03, then the next data point will be sent at 10:13 even though data is logged every minute between 10:03 and 10:13."

So it sounds like we might be presently operating right on the edge with the present 15 minute allowable delay.

I am also going to try to get the HOBO folks to permit a 5 minute feed interval instead of their present minimum interval of 10 minutes.

I'm glad the WU updates are working now, but they are not working well for HOBOlink users, and delays of up to an hour or more are really unacceptable for my particular use, with a primary mission of providing public availability of present local weather conditions.

Rich K.

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #791 on: August 06, 2018, 02:59:16 PM »
Very odd!

We'll be working to address these types of issues as we move the page to our new web stack and onto our fancy new datastores

I've lost my High, Low, and Average Summary data display since 01Aug18. The rapidfire and graph updates but for some reason there are no summary. Station ID KMOFREEM2. Thanks

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
« Reply #792 on: August 07, 2018, 10:09:27 AM »
any chance on getting the summary back up??   been down a while     KTXTHALI2  neighbors beginning to call wondering what happened.  been telling them it's
"sun outage"

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
« Reply #793 on: August 07, 2018, 02:38:27 PM »
No data in daily Summary section since Aug 1st for dashboard?ID=IAMSTERD630.
Weather History Graph and rest of page is functional.

so it's not just me

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #794 on: August 07, 2018, 03:00:34 PM »
We are aware of the daily summary issues, and expect to have a resolution soon. 

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
« Reply #795 on: August 07, 2018, 06:48:02 PM »

ok

Offline mldenison

• Contributor
    • York, PA Weather
« Reply #796 on: August 08, 2018, 07:26:29 AM »

August is back for me this morning.
Windows 7 x64
Weather PC: Intel NUC
Davis Vantage Pro 2
Weather Underground: KPAYORK30
York, PA Weather (Saratoga)
York, PA Weather (Leuven)
York, PA PWS Station

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #797 on: August 08, 2018, 07:49:27 AM »

Could you possibly tell me when are your staff going to reply to emails?
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
« Reply #798 on: August 08, 2018, 04:56:06 PM »

ok

working again today

Offline Keith Myers

• My Astrophotography photostream
« Reply #799 on: August 08, 2018, 07:33:54 PM »
Aggravating as heck that you cannot remove duplicate Favorite Cities.  I have a 4 page long list of duplicates of the only two cities I want in my Favorites list. Tediously removing every last duplicate is a waste of time since as soon as the page is refreshed, they are all back.  Clearing browser does nothing.  The WU page code is what is causing the duplicates.

I posted this issue way back in December of last year.  Still isn't fixed. http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=33390.msg338514#msg338514
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 07:40:58 PM by Keith Myers »
Thought I'd better join the community since I am getting a PWS tomorrow. The closest ones to my location have been very iffy in providing data to Weather Underground.  I need a WU station to provide my local weather conditions for my PVOutput.org solar generation monitoring.