Author Topic: WU - Let us know your issues  (Read 183940 times)

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
Re: WU - Let us know your issues
« Reply #725 on: July 06, 2018, 01:03:16 PM »
Morning Paul.

Just approved a batch of Cams, see yours showing up now

thanks for your patience
tim

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
    • Myrtle Beach - Rain or Shine
« Reply #726 on: July 06, 2018, 01:11:34 PM »
Morning Paul.

thanks for your patience
tim

Tim,

Is it necessary to re-submit? Mine worked a few days before the last outage and is now showing non active.

WU_54013cam2
KSCMYRTL2

Chuck
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 01:15:53 PM by prestwickwx »

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #727 on: July 06, 2018, 01:17:02 PM »
Hi Tim,
My Bloomsky is and has been showing on IONTARIO1189 PaulMyCAM4
PaulMyCAM1 is not yet showing on my original WU account IONTARIO226 and in the settings still No and clicking Source Link and the source image shows.  Maybe my page is cached and I need to be a bit more patient.

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 01:19:28 PM by PaulMy »

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
« Reply #728 on: July 06, 2018, 01:18:31 PM »
Seems like you do have to re-submit, unless some of the WU-ears in the forum decide to go into your account and flip a switch or something.  I've got the same thing as you...when from waiting for approval to active to being dead again.  I'm over it, no more submissions from me.   Tired of it. 

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #729 on: July 06, 2018, 01:23:49 PM »
Please don't resubmit.  It doesn't help.  All it does is ensure your camera will be offline until we get around to re-approving

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #730 on: July 06, 2018, 01:28:43 PM »
Paul...

Your hosting service is blocking our scraper

wget "http://www.komokaweather.com/weather/wu/image_wu.jpg"
--2018-07-06 17:22:37--  http://www.komokaweather.com/weather/wu/image_wu.jpg
Resolving www.komokaweather.com... 23.229.161.0
Connecting to www.komokaweather.com|23.229.161.0|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
2018-07-06 17:22:37 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

Unfortunately that's not something we can fix from our end.  The IP address we are using to get the image should be 52.27.33.33

Offline Intheswamp

• Forecaster
    • Beeweather
« Reply #731 on: July 06, 2018, 01:40:48 PM »
Please don't resubmit.  It doesn't help.  All it does is ensure your camera will be offline until we get around to re-approving
Uh, I think it's pretty well already ensured that any camera will be offline until you "get around to re-approving" it.  :-? 

Davis VP2, v3.12
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #732 on: July 06, 2018, 01:52:16 PM »
Apologies for my quick reply, what I meant is, we don't approve cams every day, and resubmitting has no bearing on whether or not your cam updates unless we have rejected it for some reason, like it shows the interior of a structure.

All systems appear to be working nominally at this time, what we are noticing is that some Hosting providers are blocking us from pulling data from cameras. We have no control over this and is why we have the ftp option.

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #733 on: July 06, 2018, 01:59:28 PM »
Hi intheswamp

I do not see your account having a webcam listed

Please go to https://www.wunderground.com/webcams/signup.html while signed in and make sure you have a webcam ID there.

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #734 on: July 06, 2018, 03:03:12 PM »
Apologies for my quick reply, what I meant is, we don't approve cams every day, and resubmitting has no bearing on whether or not your cam updates unless we have rejected it for some reason, like it shows the interior of a structure.

All systems appear to be working nominally at this time, what we are noticing is that some Hosting providers are blocking us from pulling data from cameras. We have no control over this and is why we have the ftp option.

I have looked through my logs and I don't see any blocks, but still listed as not active. It worked fine for a day or so.

WU_54013CAM2
KSCMYRTL2

Chuck

Offline Intheswamp

• Forecaster
    • Beeweather
« Reply #735 on: July 06, 2018, 04:01:42 PM »
Hi intheswamp

I do not see your account having a webcam listed

Please go to https://www.wunderground.com/webcams/signup.html while signed in and make sure you have a webcam ID there.
Nope, I deleted it just after posting my last post.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've tired of WU.  Best wishes.

Davis VP2, v3.12
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline fury88

« Reply #736 on: July 07, 2018, 10:04:32 AM »
I recently got the new WeatherFlow station but when I set it up it accidentally created a new station ID. How do I remove my old Davis Pro and put this in it's place? I'd like to keep the history together so there is no break in data.

Thanks for any help!!

-Matt

Offline LizMarr

• Liz M.
    • Marr family weather
« Reply #737 on: July 07, 2018, 02:24:24 PM »
I recently got the new WeatherFlow station but when I set it up it accidentally created a new station ID. How do I remove my old Davis Pro and put this in it's place? I'd like to keep the history together so there is no break in data.

You cannot remove a station once it has been created and data received. What I do is to apply for a new station ID. On my old station I append the words (retired) on the name. If I think about it I make a note in the status of the old station that says what the new station ID is. That is it. This way if someone has been following my PWS they can see that it is no longer going to be updated. This way the data is unique to that particular weather station. I figure the advent of a whole new system is similar to if you relocate it more than a short distance as it will be doing things differently than before.

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
« Reply #738 on: July 07, 2018, 05:16:59 PM »
what happened to your storms on the nexrad radar, we used to be able to view individual cells but no longer. They are still labeled on the nexrad but it always says no current storms in your area. This also needs to be fixed. Not everybody uses your site on mobile you know.

yep this still an issue

out here on the plains, we need to know hail potential and strength of storms    used to have that.
Davis Vantage Pro2 plus     Meteobridge

CWOP FW5142    PWS THAI817    MADIS F5142
WU KTXTHALI2    AWEKAS           weatherobs

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #739 on: July 07, 2018, 08:12:46 PM »
What is causing these spikes? Zero degrees in Chicago in July? AND my station (KILWHEAT17) has a gold star and uploads to CWOP from the same station and Davis software and datalogger are perfect—no spikes! I reported this issue on June 28 in this thread so problem still exists from two weeks ago!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 09:02:25 PM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline LizMarr

• Liz M.
    • Marr family weather
« Reply #740 on: July 07, 2018, 09:25:16 PM »
What is causing these spikes? Zero degrees in Chicago in July? AND my station (KILWHEAT17) has a gold star and uploads to CWOP from the same station and Davis software and datalogger are perfect—no spikes! I reported this issue on June 28 in this thread so problem still exists from two weeks ago!

I've had that in the past. My guess would be network traffic. I'm not sure if it is local, regional, or at WU themselves. A datastream is opened then something happens so that the values are zero. Because there are thousands of stations reporting it is up to the station owner to do any manual corrections. I just let it go on my data, I figure anyone who does data can see that it was likely not the weather station itself and if they are importing it they could filter it out. Lately with Charter updating the lines where I am I contribute any network irregularities to that.

As for the coveted star. My station has been up since May and still no star... :(

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #741 on: July 10, 2018, 10:17:01 AM »
The Wunderstation APP on Ipad is really great. However, it stopped displaying the Indoor Temperature several months ago. Please fix.

In addition, I would like to see the PurpleAir Air Quality data displayed with the associated PWS Station. I have the PupleAir device and it displays on WU, but it does not show up under the Air Quality section of my PWS. I notice that WU has been promoting the PurpleAir, but it there should be a way to link it to the PWS Station owner.

Thanks,

Chuck

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
« Reply #742 on: July 11, 2018, 10:08:21 AM »
Tomorrow will be 0 minutes 54 seconds shorter

Astronomy fixed  now we can have fall and winter

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
« Reply #743 on: July 11, 2018, 12:23:12 PM »
feels like on the dashboard and forecast are different, about 4 to five degrees higher on forecast

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #744 on: July 11, 2018, 02:23:15 PM »
Morning Paul.

thanks for your patience
tim

Tim,

Is it necessary to re-submit? Mine worked a few days before the last outage and is now showing non active.

WU_54013cam2
KSCMYRTL2

Chuck

My webcam (via url) worked fine for a few days. Looks like it has now stopped updating, once again.

Chuck

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
« Reply #745 on: July 12, 2018, 11:31:10 AM »

wish wu had this back

Storm Attributes Table
The Storm Attributes Table is a NEXRAD derived product which attempts to identify storm cells.

The table contains the following fields:

ID - This is the ID of the cell. The ID is also printed on the radar image to enable you to reference the table with storms on the radar image. If a triangle is shown in this field, it indicates NEXRAD detection of a possible tornadic cell (this "detection" is called the tornado vortex signature). If a diamond appears in this field, NEXRAD algorithms detect the storm is a mesocyclone. If a yellow-filled square appears, the storm has a 70% or greater chance of containing hail.
Max DBZ - This is the highest reflectivity found within the storm cell.
Top (ft) - Storm top elevation in feet.
VIL (kg/m²) - Vertically Integrated Water. This is an estimation of the mass of water suspended in the storm per square meter.
Probability of severe hail - Probability that the storm contains severe hail.
Probability of hail - Probability that the storm contains hail.
Max hail size (in) - Maximum hail stone diameter.
Speed (knots) - Speed of the storm movement in knots.
Direction - Direction of storm movement.

Offline LizMarr

• Liz M.
    • Marr family weather
« Reply #746 on: July 12, 2018, 04:09:12 PM »
Storm Attributes Table
The Storm Attributes Table is a NEXRAD derived product which attempts to identify storm cells.

Have you studied the Weather Underground API system? It used to be free but now they limit/charge for it's use. You can pick up any of hundreds of variables out of their weather database. This one has quite a few of the variables you are talking about:

https://www.wunderground.com/weather/api/d/docs?d=data/currenthurricane

Base URL for the API system.

https://www.wunderground.com/weather/api/d/docs?d=index

I was working on a Rainmeter interface for my PWS but quit because of the limitations of the "free" API key. As I said, it used to be free to call the data.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 10:08:05 PM by LizMarr »

Offline oboboli

• BoblandSUA
« Reply #747 on: July 13, 2018, 09:04:17 PM »
Posting to WUnderground from within WeatherLink stopped working for me and others recently.  No attentions or replies have been posted by WU in that specific thread so I am posting here.  This seems to be an issue on WU side as many have found.  I have used System Restore along with reinstalling the WU.dll into Weatherlink and still nothing is being posted.   I also tried using the newer Station KEY that generated for each station as the Password used in the WU module in Weathelink, still no data is being sent.  I am just about done with WU, way too many problems lately after being a Member since 1998...posting weather data shouldn't be so unreliable as it's become using Wunderground (Weather.com)

I have tried everything short of deleting my account and making a new one.

Offline oboboli

• BoblandSUA
« Reply #748 on: July 13, 2018, 09:26:40 PM »
Well I solved the WU upload within WeatherLink problem by restoring my PC to an older backed up System Image...apparently recent Windows Updates is causing this problem.

Offline havtrail

• Senior Contributor
    • Haverford Weather Station
« Reply #749 on: July 16, 2018, 01:06:03 PM »
Hi, I'm having an odd problem with our WU PWS page (https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KPAHAVER17) over the weekend. Our station has disappeared from the Radar Map and the Current Conditions for it have been static the whole time, yet the Weather History Graphs farther down on the PWS page are updating fine.

The station is a HOBO RX3003 cellular unit which uploads to HOBOlink, which then feeds the data to WU. It's been reactivated and running since mid-April, with no webcam involved. A test of the feed on the HOBOlink site came back "successful," and it's clear from the updating graphs on WU that WU is getting data. But the Radar Map and the Current Conditions are not updating, and the station's related "weather sticker" widgets are present but data-less.

Looking for a solution. Any help appreciated. The problem is making our public kiosks look embarrassing...

Rich K.
weather.havtrail.com
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 04:41:16 PM by havtrail »
Onset HOBO RX2102 Cellular
https://www.havtrail.com/weather/
NEWA https://newa.cornell.edu Haverford, PA