Author Topic: POST your currently updating webcam image here!  (Read 96690 times)

Offline Feelgood Ranch

• Feelgood Ranch Weather
Re: POST your currently updating webcam image here!
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2014, 04:24:42 PM »
I am not code literate and don't see reason to change.  Image same with either link when clicked on.  Please enlighten me as to reason for request.  Image better when not snowing as it is today.

Thanks.

Ken Keyes

Ken Keyes
RainWise MkIII-LR, WeatherView 32 v8, StarDotXL 3mp cam, Boltek PCI lightning detector/L2K, CWOP/CW4669, Weather For You
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KMTBOZEM2&wuSelect=PWS
http://www.anythingweather.com/current.aspx?id=22721

Offline Jumpin Joe

• Forecaster
    • Joe’s Weather
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2014, 04:32:13 PM »
I am not code literate and don't see reason to change.  Image same with either link when clicked on.  Please enlighten me as to reason for request.  Image better when not snowing as it is today.

Thanks.

Ken Keyes

Awesome picture!

In my opinion..... When it snowing it does not get much better. Unless I'm on a golf course.  :lol:

Joe
https://joesweather.info
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus 24-FARS Wireless
WeatherLink Live

Offline Feelgood Ranch

• Feelgood Ranch Weather
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2014, 04:48:04 PM »

Ken Keyes
RainWise MkIII-LR, WeatherView 32 v8, StarDotXL 3mp cam, Boltek PCI lightning detector/L2K, CWOP/CW4669, Weather For You
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KMTBOZEM2&wuSelect=PWS

Offline Feelgood Ranch

• Feelgood Ranch Weather
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2014, 06:01:20 PM »
I think my post just prior to your helpful comment will do it...if not let me know.

Ken

Ken Keyes

Offline Skywatch

• !!Warning!! I'm a Skywarn certified storm spotter and insane like one!
  • Forecaster
  • Hakuna Matata (Timon and Pumba)
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2014, 03:15:32 PM »
Here's my new East camera. And a nice shot of my WX rig!
I live in an apartment and for the moment am not a home weather watcher.

I am a storm chaser.

Offline piconut

• Juggler Extraordinaire
  • Forecaster
    • South Austin Weather
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2014, 03:44:14 PM »
Nice shot Matthew!  Does that Logitech C920 have the Hubble fix?
  • Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus
  • Virtual VP
  • Virtual Weather Station V15.00
  • Cumulus
  • Cumulus MX
  • Image Salsa
  • IP TimeLapse

Offline Skywatch

• Forecaster
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2014, 03:49:02 PM »
Just a few trips to the roof and some fine tuning of the contrast.

PS. I notice my images have stopped updating on Wunderground. However I do recall this same behavior on WU back when I registered and initiated my other 2 cameras where the uploads would stop for about an hour or so. Is this normal with WU?

I am a storm chaser.

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2014, 04:49:13 PM »
Mine are from Oly C4000 (4) and 1 C765 (SE View) running under VM95:

http://www.lascruces-weather.com/wxcams.php

I also have a few Logitechs and a few TrendNet IP cams under BlueIris but those are more property/security related right now and not all are hooked up.

My north-side shelf:

Pat ~ Davis VP2 6153-Weatherlink-Weather Display-StartWatch-VirtualVP-Win7 Pro-64bit
www.LasCruces-Weather.com   www.EastMesaWeather.com

Offline piconut

• Juggler Extraordinaire
  • Forecaster
    • South Austin Weather
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2014, 04:49:25 PM »
I notice my images have stopped updating on Wunderground. However I do recall this same behavior on WU back when I registered and initiated my other 2 cameras where the uploads would stop for about an hour or so. Is this normal with WU?
I still upload images to WU but I stopped looking at the them on WU due to the inconstancy issues. 
  • Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus
  • Virtual VP
  • Virtual Weather Station V15.00
  • Cumulus
  • Cumulus MX
  • Image Salsa
  • IP TimeLapse

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2014, 05:11:49 PM »
Wunderweenie has the 10sec still image links from my cams that I upload for NWS use, and my own pages. They're welcome to use them.  WU is just a 'side', and I could literally care less... but WU rarely 'drops' them.  Not so with my WxRadio feed... they dropped it out once too often and I was fed up with 'readding'... now stream it to my own pages. No drop outs, unless I cause 'em.
Mike

Offline Skywatch

• Forecaster
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2014, 09:21:15 PM »
My images are streaming. Guess my original theory was right that image uploads pause for an hour after initiating a new web cam ID in WU. Got it fixed now.

I am a storm chaser.

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
    • Colorado Springs Weather
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2014, 10:11:49 PM »
Mine are from Oly C4000 (4) and 1 C765 (SE View) running under VM95:

http://www.lascruces-weather.com/wxcams.php

I also have a few Logitechs and a few TrendNet IP cams under BlueIris but those are more property/security related right now and not all are hooked up.

My north-side shelf:

Nice setup Pat.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2014, 02:00:27 AM »
Thanks, Ryan. Still more to do when I get time. Need to stuff the wiring away on that shelf still. The two south views are on an old laptop and I'll expand that if I ever get around to building "Junior 2". It struggles with those two as is and any Logitechs on it just kill the USB power.

Pat ~ Davis VP2 6153-Weatherlink-Weather Display-StartWatch-VirtualVP-Win7 Pro-64bit

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
    • Colorado Springs Weather
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2014, 02:04:38 AM »
Thanks, Ryan. Still more to do when I get time. Need to stuff the wiring away on that shelf still. The two south views are on an old laptop and I'll expand that if I ever get around to building "Junior 2". It struggles with those two as is and any Logitechs on it just kill the USB power.

Junior 2 eh?  Custom H2O? :grin:

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2014, 07:14:04 AM »
Nah, just something simple like the other one - "Junior" - to run the back of the house cams.

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2014, 09:51:34 AM »
Try a powered USB Port...?? I run my three main cams through one powered multi-port without issues on Active extender cables.

Offline ws vreewijk

• Netherlands
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2014, 12:00:29 PM »
Just to clearyfy......

At the beginning of my webcam adventures I had a problem using active usb cables  10 meters long , the pc went down with a warning that damage to the pc would happen and therefore the pc went down completely.
After I went back to the shop the gave me a new one as I was thinking the active usb cable was not ok,gues what.... the second cable hat the same problem.
So i went back to and buy a passive cable and put the usb cam more nearbye,no problems anymore.

If I change my configuration now i would do the following :

I would use  passive cables  up to the roof with them and at the end I would put a USB hub true the roofwindow, I would take a usb hup with at LEAST 1 ampere where the normal pc or laptop only gives 0.5 ampere.

If someone thinks this is the wrong way I would be happy to hear what would be the correct configuration,as I have plans to change my cam position to the roof to get a more wide vieuw ,but active usb cable are not an option for me anymore.
I want at about 15 meters to the roof position.

Cheers Chris

« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 01:49:51 PM by ws vreewijk »
Davis vantage pro2  running on VWS 
1-wire lightning detector and temp sensors powered byWD .....webcam pro 9000 running on webcamxp
http://wsvreewijk.ucoz.com/

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2014, 06:22:38 PM »
Try a powered USB Port...?? I run my three main cams through one powered multi-port without issues on Active extender cables.

Running with that. I only have two Olys on that laptop and only the furthest is on a powered hub as that config gave me the best results. Only drops now and then without any Logitechs hooked up. It's an old HP DV1000 laptop with a Centrino M765 CPU from 2005 so I don't expect too much from it. The nicety of it is the power savings vs the Dell GX620 it replaced.

Still better than the old (EBay) Dell GX620s I was using - the Olys wouldn't even be found thru any hub or active extenders with those (Unknown Device) under VM95. Without any Olys, I can run the Logitechs fine but that would defeat the purpose as the Olys give me great resolution of the Organ Mountains.

The cheapie 6-core AMD I built for the north views, replacing a GX620, runs anything I throw at it without a problem so, time for another I guess if I want to expand the south views which I do. The HP laptop I can relegate (with a cam or two) to the "shed" out back when I get power run to it this summer (hopefully).

Offline Breezy

• Indian Trail Weather
  • Forecaster
    • Indian Trail Weather
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2014, 02:43:22 PM »
Here's mine ...  http://indiantrailweather.com/mywebcam.jpg

AirLink - SkyIPCam250W. Using WD to upload and overlays. Mounted inside.

Jeff
Jeff

W7-64, Intel Z170A 16 GB RAM
Davis VP2 Plus, Davis Soil Moisture/Temp Sensors, Laser Snow Depth Sensor LR4/Fluke 414D

Offline Feelgood Ranch

• Feelgood Ranch Weather
http://www.feelgoodranchweather.com/images/live.jpg
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2014, 06:24:28 PM »
Maybe this is OK. 
Ken

Ken Keyes

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2014, 06:48:24 PM »
Well, after much procrastination (I'm an expert in that field  :lol:), I have placed an order on Amazon for a new Logitech C920 along with a -2 diopter viewfinder lens. This camera will replace my ailing Logitech Quickcam Fusion I am currently using and on which the -2 diopter lens adapter does not work. I see delivery is set for around mid-April. Not sure why it is going to take so long but that is the shipping estimate. That will give me some time to get things ready for it.

While I was at it, I also ordered an enclosure for my Blitzortung controller board and some other misc parts to finish that project.

Will post again once I get the new camera installed.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2014, 07:28:24 PM »
Well, after much procrastination (I'm an expert in that field  :lol:), I have placed an order on Amazon for a new Logitech C920 along with a -2 diopter viewfinder lens. This camera will replace my ailing Logitech Quickcam Fusion I am currently using and on which the -2 diopter lens adapter does not work. I see delivery is set for around mid-April. Not sure why it is going to take so long but that is the shipping estimate. That will give me some time to get things ready for it.

While I was at it, I also ordered an enclosure for my Blitzortung controller board and some other misc parts to finish that project.

Will post again once I get the new camera installed.
Ok, let's get that booger up and running... need another addition to Hubblecam page. You know, something Dry, to counteract all Chris' Capeweather, and George's Smith Mountain Lake cams...

I believe, after I snagged a few spares, that Adorama Camera will have a handful of the Nikon EVF -2 $10 diopters left... 
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00009R8TE/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_26725410_item 
mount in a jiffy with about 15" of 24ga (?) wire as a harness...
http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=19044.msg185996#msg185996
Mike
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 07:41:37 PM by Cutty Sark Sailor »

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2014, 11:54:37 PM »
Received my new Logitech C920 this afternoon. Will try to get it installed in the next couple of days between other pressing things to do. I want to play with it a bit to see if the -2 diopter viewfinder lens has any noticeable effect on the images before I put it up on-line. Will capture some before and after photos as I go along.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
    • Weather for Lebanon, TN 37087
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2014, 08:13:26 PM »
Hi,

I am using a Foscam FI8905W which is located outside and pointed to the west. I am using the SebecTec IPTimelapse software. The image updates every minute (24/7) and the weather conditions are from my weather station information on Weather Underground.

Bob
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline Shep1478

• Dahlonega Weather at Waters Mill
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2014, 01:05:30 AM »
Here's one of my three cameras:  http://www.dahlonegaweather.com/olympusCam1.JPG

We're located in Dahlonega, Georgia which is about 70 miles due north of downtown Atlanta, Ga.

I'm using Sebectec software along with the Olympus SP-500 Camera in a homemade outdoor housing.

Thanks!

Jim
Jim Sheppard
Dahlonega, Ga

anything