Author Topic: WL Error 32  (Read 1112 times)

Offline DAVE Z

WL Error 32
« on: January 01, 2019, 10:02:48 PM »
Does anyone know what an "Error 32" message is in Weatherlink? I set my Weatherlink to upload the current months WLK file to a folder on my website as a way of backing it up daily but my upload log reports an Ftp error 32.

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
Re: WL Error 32
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 10:17:53 PM »
Post the entire error message from the log.  That might give us a clue.

Oh, and did this every work?  Or is it a new setup?

Offline DAVE Z

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 12:52:31 AM »
This is a new setup which has never worked. I did not get all of the text on the screenshot. The sentence said "Weatherlink will reset the FTP connection and try again."

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 04:50:58 AM »
Don't know whether this is stating the obvious or not, but clearly looks like some sort of issue or incompatibility with your FTP upload. The one thing you can try is toggling passive mode in the Internet connection Settings screen (ie set to on if currently off or vice versa). If this doesn't help then:

1. Can you FTP the wlk file manually with an FTP client like Filezilla? If not then troubleshoot what's wrong.

2. Are you sure that the remote /wlk folder does already exist?

3. Is there a different remote FTP target you could use, ie on a different server with different FTP options?

4. As an alternative try copying the wlk file to a folder on a different device (if you have one) in the local file system
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline DAVE Z

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 12:18:40 PM »
I worked on the issue some more and found out the WL FTP upload will not upload a WLK file. It will upload  a text file. It will upload a WLK file IF I change the extension to txt first. But if I leave the WLK extension in place I get an error 32.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 12:31:17 PM »
Are you sure that the error isn't the target server refusing to accept FTP uploads of other than .txt file type?
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 12:33:16 PM »
I worked on the issue some more and found out the WL FTP upload will not upload a WLK file. It will upload  a text file. It will upload a WLK file IF I change the extension to txt first. But if I leave the WLK extension in place I get an error 32.

Please describe exactly how you did that test. 

Why do I ask that?  I'm suspicious that perhaps the .wlk file you're trying to upload, because it is "the current months WLK file", may be locked (or otherwise unavailable for transfer, because it's being used).  But a .txt file isn't locked.

You say that you "change the extension to txt" - but did you actually rename the .wlk file?  Or make a copy and rename the copy?  Or what?

And what happens if you try to upload a file named "random.wlk" that isn't being used by Weatherlink?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 12:36:28 PM by dalecoy »

Offline DAVE Z

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 01:03:08 AM »
You nailed it when you suggested that the problem is  I am trying to send an active wlk file. WL will upload last months wlk file. But not this months wlk file. However, if I copy this months wlk file to a separate folder and then change the extension to  jpg WL will send it.

Offline DAVE Z

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2019, 01:20:27 AM »
OK, I did one more test. I copied the 19-01.wlk file to a different folder than my station folder. Then I asked WL to upload the file to my website and it did it. If I have a script copy the file over to a different folder and then have WL upload it I should be OK.

Offline DAVE Z

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2019, 01:26:25 AM »
I noticed you live in Lee Summit. My son lives in Blue Springs. He owns the business "PC and Cellular Repair"  over in Independence on Noland drive.

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2019, 10:15:27 AM »
You nailed it when you suggested that the problem is  I am trying to send an active wlk file.

I'm pleased that I could help.  I don't remember that this particular technical aspect has been explored before.