Author Topic: clientrawrealtimeftp uploads stall  (Read 959 times)

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
clientrawrealtimeftp uploads stall
« on: August 31, 2022, 01:34:51 AM »
Anyone else having issues with this within the last month or so?  It will run okay anywhere from a few hours to several days then logs off according to the log and doesn't restart automatically.  Tried different settings but so far still intermittent.  Last WD update I actually lost part of my weather station type and com port settings and had to re-enter them.  This on an old Acer Aspire One netbook that's been updated from Win Xp to Win 10.  (Probably part of the problem right there.  But it was working pretty reliable until recently.)

I suspect permissions issue.  Thinking Win 10 updated not long before it started acting up but also started having Win 7 permission issues around the same time on another unrelated computer that I use for my police scanner software.  But it's also an old Acer laptop that started out as an Win XP machine.
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
Re: clientrawrealtimeftp uploads stall
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 08:56:48 AM »
Mine started a few weeks ago as well.  It's run for years with 10 second updated no issues.  The Weather Watch forum had me switch some settings so every 5 minutes, it'll restart a new instance of the live program.

https://www.weather-watch.com/smf/index.php/topic,72733.0.html

I think this weekend I may roll back to 142, just to see what happens.  I'm still having some other weird issues with my manual ftp process when updating files, so I'm not 100% convinced it isn't GoDaddy yet.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 01:22:38 PM »
Well, I can say my issue is most likely GoDaddy.  I rolled back to 142.  Same results.  I put it back to 143.
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2022, 12:55:53 AM »
Thanks for the link to your thread in the WD forum.  I'd done a quick search over there but missed it.  I've used ICDsoft for a number of years.  On mine it doesn't seem to be always completing the reset.  Tonight I showed two instances of it running but the log on one ended with reset timer started and the second one then was running normally.  I changed the settings again so we'll see what happens now.  I tried slowing down the updates from 10 seconds to 30 second then to 60 seconds but didn't make any difference.  I have both WeatherLink and also Image Salsa uploading images and so far they have not complained so don't think at least in my case it's an issue with ICDsoft connections.
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2022, 08:58:30 AM »
Yeah, that's my case as well.  I have 2 consoles.  One running WD, the other running CumulusMX.  Cumulus seems un-affected.

Well that sucks about ICDSoft.  I was hoping when I transfer to them this fall, this might be resolved.

anything