Author Topic: Software Defined Radio with the WS-2902A  (Read 14296 times)

Offline StephenR0

Re: Software Defined Radio with the WS-2902A
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2019, 09:07:47 PM »
You should probably give him the output that he requested so he can get the driver up to date.  He is the author after all.  :-)

Offline bthoven

• Europa Cafe' Private Observatory
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2019, 09:53:21 AM »
Sorry to ask this simple question.

I've just got my rtl-sdr module from ebay. I've installed rtl-sdr driver in my Ubuntu.

Now I'm trying to install rtl_433. I've run this command successfully
sudo apt-get install libtool libusb-1.0-0-dev librtlsdr-dev rtl-sdr build-essential autoconf cmake pkg-config

The next step is cd rtl_433/. It said no such directory. What I'm supposed to do next?

update: Ok, I have to download the source, unzip it, and rename the folder to rtl_433 before I proceed.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 12:11:11 PM by bthoven »

Offline bthoven

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2019, 09:37:50 PM »
The included antenna can pick up my 433Mhz wh24 and wh25 easily. The module also do not feel warm at all.

Installed sdr weewx, but still can't make it work yet. Keep going, thanks

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Offline bthoven

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2019, 02:04:10 AM »
I really need help.

I've been running weewx on my main ubuntu for a few years now. I have 433Mhz wh24 (outdoor) and wh25 (indoor) sensors. The working server receives data from ObserverIP which directs the traffic to the ubuntu server.

I'm setting up a test ubuntu server which intends to receive data from the same sensors via RTL-SDR. sdr.py receives the data fine when running directly from terminal; but when running with weewx, it always died and won't publish the updated weather report.

I attached the syslog (from I restarted my weewx till it terminated) and what I set SDR in weewx.conf for reference here.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 05:04:14 AM by bthoven »

Offline StephenR0

« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2019, 08:00:32 AM »
It looks like you installed weewx from packages.  Am I right about that?  Installing from a package scatters everything in a number of system directories.  I usually install with setup.py which puts everything in /home/weewx.  But installing from a package should work.  Have you tried running weewx directly?

http://www.weewx.com/docs/usersguide.htm#Running_directly

You'll need to go to the directory that contains your weewxd executable.  This runs weewx in the foreground and you can see a failure more easily.  You will also see the weewx loop messages while weewx is running.  You'll probably need to be root.

One other thing.  I see that the WH24 returns 'light', which is not surprising.  But if you want to see a 'radiation' graph, you'll need to convert light to radiation in the [StdCalibrate] section of weewx.conf.  The section will look like this.

[StdCalibrate]

[[Corrections]]
        radiation = light * 0.007893 if light is not None else None

The factor you use is up to you.  You'll find some discussion of this here.

https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=35494.msg370885#msg370885

The 'if' part of that line is because the WH65B can return none for light sometimes.  I don't know if the WH24 will do that, but it won't hurt to account for it.

Offline RdRocket16

« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2019, 08:01:39 AM »
I’d check your frequency, my wh25 is 915mhz (914.88 to be specific) as is my wh65. I’m not sure about the wh24 but it seems like all FO / AW clones run at 915mhz.

Offline StephenR0

« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2019, 08:17:03 AM »
The included antenna can pick up my 433Mhz wh24 and wh25 easily. The module also do not feel warm at all.

Installed sdr weewx, but still can't make it work yet. Keep going, thanks

That looks exactly like what I have.  I call that the "cheap" dongle.  I think it generates less heat at lower frequencies.  In any case, I don't think you're going to have problems with heat.  You might want to calibrate it against a signal of known frequency.  Here in the US, I use the NOAA weather radio stations to do that.  I'm not sure what you would use.  You'll need to run one of the SDR gui programs to determine the offset in ppm.  Then you add a switch in rtl_433 with -p.  You can also use the gui program to determine the actual frequency of your WH24 and WH25.  Then you can specify that with -f.

Offline StephenR0

« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2019, 08:21:34 AM »
I’d check your frequency, my wh25 is 915mhz (914.88 to be specific) as is my wh65. I’m not sure about the wh24 but it seems like all FO / AW clones run at 915mhz.

He's in Thailand, so I think 433Mhz is probably correct.  Also, rtl_433 defaults to 433Mhz and that seems to be working.  Fine Offset has equipment for 433MHz/868MHz/915MHz depending on the laws in your country.

Offline RdRocket16

« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2019, 10:28:04 AM »

He's in Thailand, so I think 433Mhz is probably correct.  Also, rtl_433 defaults to 433Mhz and that seems to be working.  Fine Offset has equipment for 433MHz/868MHz/915MHz depending on the laws in your country.
Ahhh - didnt realize that!
but;
I have the same setup, but im struggling to get all my devices recorded. i have a ws2902 outside, and 8 WH31 around the house, and I can seem to get most of the WH31 but 2 are in my kitchen, and i cant get the kitchen sensors, from where I can pick up the outdoor array, and vice versa. However, all of my AW consoles pick up all of them from various locations in the house, with ease. I bought a specifically made 915mhz antennna but still struggle. lots of missed points on my graphs.
LSS: how can I tune / check the actual frequency they're working on. I used the FFA program and can see spikes of red in the freq plot, but tuning to those seems to do no better than the 914.880 that I saw referenced here in the weewx SDR thread for the 2902.

Offline StephenR0

« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2019, 12:24:34 PM »
Yes, I feel your pain.  I have a similar situation, although not as complicated.  My Rpi is relatively close to my WH65B, but my WH25 is a ways away and behind a plaster wall with metal mesh backing.  This isn't a good situation for receiving radio signals.  So, I've been experimenting with antenna configurations.  At first, I experimented with 1/4 wave and 1/2 wave antennas tuned to 915Mhz which is the frequency of my equipment.  This didn't seem to be much improvement.  Then I read about full wave loop antennas.  So, for the past few months, I've been using a jerry rigged antenna for test purposes.  Even this non-optimal antenna is a great improvement.  So, let me see if I can describe this thing.  Please, refer to the picture that Bthoven posted because that antenna is the one that I used with some modifications.  The whip part of the antenna unscrews from the base leaving a short threaded section.  The bottom of the base has a sticker on it that can be removed.  This exposes a metal disk with a button magnet on it.  It turns out that the disk is connected to the outer shield of the antenna cable and of course the threaded portion on top is connected to the inner wire of the cable.  Using this calculator

http://www.66pacific.com/calculators/full-wave-loop-antenna-calculator.aspx

I made a wire as close to the calculated length as possible.  This is hard to get exact because it's hard to tell how far into the base the coax splits.  So I took a guess.  I wrapped one end of the wire around the threaded portion on top.  And I used the magnet to hold the other end of the wire to the bottom metal disk.  That's my antenna.  Here's a picture of my setup.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

And here's a closer picture of my cute Rpi with the SDR dongle.  I've put heat sinks on the chips that get warm, although I'm not sure that's really necessary.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

At some point, I intend to make something more elegant.  I thought I'd use a pvc drain cap for a base and some 14ga. copper wire for the loop.  Then solder the coax to the ends of the wire and screw the ends to the pvc.  I'm sure there are many ways to make it.  Now, I still get dropouts occasionally.  I imagine something in the environment gets in the way, but it's not very often.  And I place the WH25 in a place that makes it harder to transmit out, again for test purposes.  So, hopefully this is somewhat clear.  I'll probably post some pictures when I make the more permanent antenna.

Offline bthoven

« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2019, 01:13:50 PM »

Mine is 433.920Mhz. I bought it from Chinese website under brand Misol which is same as FineOffset, I believe.

Offline bthoven

« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2019, 12:12:07 AM »
When I use sdr extension and amend the weewx.conf to map all the data fields (+radiation calculation), my weewx always died with KeyError: outTemp exception, and no weewx web pages published.

I found the solution here https://groups.google.com/d/msg/weewx-user/P0XrwomFS4Q/BUmc7LF1CAAJ

The solution is to replace weewxwd3.py version 1.0.3 (installed when installing weewx) with version 1.0.4 which can handle exception better. I don't know what caused the exception because the data stream from my outdoor WH24 always transmits the temperature value.

Thanks a lot. My wh24/wh25 (433Mhz) and a cheap rtl-sdr from ebay is now working.

For future reference, here is my set up in weewx.conf

[SDR]
    # This section is for the software-defined radio driver.

# The driver to use
    path = /usr/local/bin
    driver = user.sdr
   CMD = rtl_433 -R 78 -F json -M utc -G
   [[sensor_map]]
        outTemp = temperature.203.FOWH24Packet
        outHumidity = humidity.203.FOWH24Packet
        windDir = wind_dir.203.FOWH24Packet
        windSpeed = wind_speed.203.FOWH24Packet
        windGust = wind_gust.203.FOWH24Packet
        rain_total = rain_total.203.FOWH24Packet
        UV = uv_index.203.FOWH24Packet
        light = light.203.FOWH24Packet
        outBatteryStatus = battery.203.FOWH24Packet
        inTemp = temperature.247.FOWH25Packet
        inHumidity = humidity.247.FOWH25Packet
        pressure = pressure.247.FOWH25Packet
        inBatteryStatus = battery.247.FOWH25Packet
    [[deltas]]
        rain = rain_total

[StdCalibrate]

[[Corrections]]
        # For each type, an arbitrary calibration expression can be given.
        # It should be in the units defined in the StdConvert section.
        # Example:
        foo = foo + 0.2
      radiation = light / 126.7 if light is not None else None

Cheers.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 12:22:31 AM by bthoven »

Offline StephenR0

« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2019, 06:09:40 AM »
Wonderful.  I'm glad that you managed to solve the problem.  The folks in the weewx-user google group are quite knowledgeable.  One thing that I'll mention is that Matt Wall has mentioned that

[[deltas]]
        rain = rain_total

isn't need anymore because he has put that as a default in the weewx-sdr driver.  I still keep it in there to remind me how rain is calculated.  I don't think it hurts anything.  Have you thought about comparing for wind factor between your two systems yet?

Offline bthoven

« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2019, 06:31:37 AM »
Thanks Stephen. A rough comparison earlier, the data presented on two systems seem not in sync, timing wise, especially from those from the external sensors. Thus make it a bit tricky to compare. The internal sensors tend to give same comparable values (due to its less frequent transmission?)

Let me try to compare the wind values/factors and come back to you shortly.

Offline kbellis

• Forecaster
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2019, 05:45:27 PM »
Here's what I get:

root@pi1:/home/weewx# PYTHONPATH=bin python bin/user/sdr.py --action=show-packets --cmd="rtl_433 -q -U -F json -p 39.741 -R 78 -f 914980000"
out: ['{"time" : "2019-04-08 00:03:23", "model" : "Fine Offset Electronics, WH25", "id" : 21, "temperature_C" : 21.400, "humidity" : 42, "pressure_hPa" : 979.900, "battery" : "OK", "mic" : "CHECKSUM"}\n']
parsed: {'battery.21.FOWH25Packet': 0, 'humidity.21.FOWH25Packet': 42.0, 'temperature.21.FOWH25Packet': 21.4, 'dateTime': 1554681803, 'pressure.21.FOWH25Packet': 979.9, 'usUnits': 16}

Hello Stephen,

I'm hoping that you might be able to help answer a few of questions as your SDR experiments seem like the closest thing to getting it straight from the data source before calibrations, conversions and rounding start being layered downstream.

Are you able to capture readable (e.g., ASCII) packets directly from the Osprey WH65B outdoor array without their interpretations through the weewx driver? If yes, an example or two would be very much appreciated as I am curious about the following:

Natively transmitted units of measure; e.g., all metric
Natively transmitted precision respective of units; e.g., 1 place to the right of the decimal for °C

Then there's the separate business like that of barometric data from the HP203B sensor inside of the WS-2902A display console: how it's being transmitted, its native units of measure, and their precision; e.g., inches of Hg measured to 2 places to the right of the decimal

And should you have one, the same questions of units and their precision apply to the WH32B, if you're able to capture readable (e.g., ASCII) packets directly from it.

All of this tediousness and scrutiny comes as I compare three records of supposedly the exact same pressure measurement, and if you are interested and can stand it, I can give more detail on that ;)

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,

Kelly

Offline StephenR0

« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2019, 07:03:22 PM »
So, everything begins with rtl_433.  What you've quoted is the next step.  That is the output of the weewx-sdr driver when run directly.  When run directly, the weewx-sdr driver runs rtl_433 and dumps the output of it's processing without sending it to weewx as it normally would.

The rtl_433 command that I use is embedded in the first line of the quote.

rtl_433 -q -U -F json -p 39.741 -R 78 -f 914980000

I'm still on an old version of rtl_433 so some of the switches have changed, but not the ones we're interested in.  The -f switch is to specify the frequency.  That's specific to my situation.  The -p switch is an offset for my dongle to correct the frequency and again is specific to my situation.  The -R switch selects the protocols that I'm interested in, the Fine Offset protocols for the WH65B, WH25, and a bunch of others.  The -U is for UTC time stamps and the -q suppresses non-data messages.  So, we're left with the -F switch.  This formats the output in a manner that the weewx-sdr driver needs to easily parse the data for weewx.  Here's an example of the output of that command from my setup.

root@pi1:/home/weewx# rtl_433 -q -U -F json -p 39.741 -R 78 -f 914980000
Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner
Exact sample rate is: 250000.000414 Hz
[R82XX] PLL not locked!
Bit detection level set to 0 (Auto).
{"time" : "2019-04-28 22:49:14", "model" : "Fine Offset WH65B", "id" : 89, "temperature_C" : 9.900, "humidity" : 48, "wind_dir_deg" : 138, "wind_speed_ms" : 2.741, "gust_speed_ms" : 3.570, "rainfall_mm" : 9.398, "uv" : 209, "uvi" : 0, "light_lux" : 15934.000, "battery" : "OK", "mic" : "CRC"}

This is one packet from my WH65B.  Now, let's look at the output without the -F json switch.

root@pi1:/home/weewx# rtl_433 -q -U -p 39.741 -R 78 -f 914980000
Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner
Exact sample rate is: 250000.000414 Hz
[R82XX] PLL not locked!
Bit detection level set to 0 (Auto).
2019-04-28 22:50:51 :   Fine Offset WH65B
        ID:      89
        Temperature:     9.9 C
        Humidity:        49 %
        Wind direction:  160
        Wind speed:      2.4 m/s
        Gust speed:      3.1 m/s
        Rainfall:        9.4 mm
        UV:      165
        UVI:     0
        Light:   14725.0 lux
        Battery:         OK
        Integrity:       CRC

As you can see, the output is much more human friendly.  This is the data directly from rtl_433 before anything else has processed it.  But that doesn't mean that some processing hasn't been done by rtl_433.  The raw data from the WH65B needs to be processed to get to these values.  This is normally done by the WS-2902A console.  So basically, rtl_433 duplicates that processing to arrive at these values.  That was part of the challenge to get the WH65B supported.  But I have some confidence that it's pretty accurate at this point.  In addition, all of this applies to the WH32B as well, although I didn't do the work for that one.

So, does this discussion inform the issue you have in mind?

Offline kbellis

• Forecaster
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2019, 07:30:17 AM »
Great stuff Stephen, thanks very much for doing this!

I'm still curious about both: 1) the barometric data from the HP203B sensor inside of the WS-2902A display console: how it's being transmitted, its native units of measure, and their precision; e.g., inches of Hg measured to 2 places to the right of the decimal; and 2) and the same questions of units and their precision apply to the WH32B's barometer sensor (still of unknown manufacturer make and model).

Could rtl_433 not be involved with getting Ambient Weather's barometric data to weewx-sdr driver?

Offline RdRocket16

« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2019, 09:08:48 AM »
Have you checked out the ambient weather intercepter module?
It’s harder because it’s encrypted so you need to do some stuff to get it, but it’s direct from ambient weather console...

Offline kbellis

• Forecaster
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2019, 10:10:13 AM »
It’s harder because it’s encrypted so you need to do some stuff to get it, but it’s direct from ambient weather console...

Although completely off topic, sounds interesting. Please start a new thread and tell us more about the details, links, and so forth. Thanks!

Offline GHammer

• Senior Contributor
    • Woodmar Weather
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2019, 10:11:13 AM »
I'm still curious about both: 1) the barometric data from the HP203B sensor inside of the WS-2902A display console: how it's being transmitted, its native units of measure, and their precision; e.g., inches of Hg measured to 2 places to the right of the decimal; and 2) and the same questions of units and their precision apply to the WH32B's barometer sensor (still of unknown manufacturer make and model).

Could rtl_433 not be involved with getting Ambient Weather's barometric data to weewx-sdr driver?

The console does not transmit data from its sensors. It is the target. The internal sensors are used for the display and for the feed to WU and AW.
The precision of any sensor is listed on the AW site but as for how it is captured and used with rtl_433 and the sdr driver is a function of those drivers. I'd hazard a guess that no value has more than 3 decimals, partly because these are not lab grade devices.
Assuming that the console accurately uses the transmitted data, the SDR system (rtl_433, etc) have tracked right along with the console. My WH25 needed a correction factor to track with the local airport. But that was to be expected.
Wireless Vantage Pro2 Plus with 24hr FARS, WLL

Offline StephenR0

« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2019, 10:46:39 AM »
One thing that we have to keep in mind is these things are really computers.  The sensor type might be interesting at some level, but we don't have access to that.  The only thing we can access is what the computer puts out.  That's the only option unless we were to reverse engineer the software and write new firmware for each device.  And even then, we would have to make some assumptions about the useful precision of the data from the sensor.  This would be informed by the manufacturer's data sheet of the part in question.

So, in the case of the WS-2902A console, we have two outputs to consider.  One is what the console says on the display.  Admittedly, logging that data is a manual process.  So it's not very convenient.  The other output is what it sends to Ambient Weather (or Weather Underground) through the network.  The best way to intercept that would be the weewx-interceptor driver.

https://github.com/matthewwall/weewx-interceptor

That can collect the data with whatever precision it provides.  However, I'll warn you that using that driver involves a more than casual familiarity with networking.

In the case of the WH32B, rtl_433 is pretty much the only option to collect the data.  The people that maintain that code are quite knowledgeable about the useful precision of the data that they get from sensors.  From the code, here's what they're actually getting from the WH32B.

Code: [Select]
/**
Fine Offset Electronics WH25 / WH32B Temperature/Humidity/Pressure sensor protocol.

The sensor sends a package each ~64 s with a width of ~28 ms. The bits are PCM modulated with Frequency Shift Keying.

Example: 22.6 C, 40 %, 1001.7 hPa

[00] {500} 80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 2a aa aa aa aa aa 8b 75 39 40 9c 8a 09 c8 72 6e ea aa aa 80 10

Data layout:

aa 2d d4 e5 02 72 28 27 21 c9 bb aa
             ?I IT TT HH PP PP CC BB

- I: 8 bit Sensor ID (based on 2 different sensors). Does not change at battery change.
- B: 1 bit low battery indicator
- F: 1 bit invalid reading indicator
- T: 10 bit Temperature (+40*10), top two bits are flags
- H: 8 bit Humidity
- P: 16 bit Pressure (*10)
- C: 8 bit Checksum of previous 6 bytes (binary sum truncated to 8 bit)
- B: 8 bit Bitsum (XOR) of the 6 data bytes (high and low nibble exchanged)

WH32B is the same as WH25 but two packets in one transmission of {971} and XOR sum missing.
TYPE:4h ID:8d FLAGS:2b TEMP_C:10d HUM:8d HPA:16d CHK:8h

*/

So, what the WH32B sends for pressure is a 16 bit float value scaled by 10 in hPa.  From there, I would say that whatever rtl_433 puts out is probably appropriate.  Does any of this help you?

Offline RdRocket16

« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2019, 11:05:55 AM »

Although completely off topic, sounds interesting. Please start a new thread and tell us more about the details, links, and so forth. Thanks!
Ill just put this here if anyone is interested, this should be all you would need to look into it :
https://github.com/matthewwall/weewx-interceptor

Offline kbellis

• Forecaster
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2019, 12:08:54 PM »
So, what the WH32B sends for pressure is a 16 bit float value scaled by 10 in hPa.  From there, I would say that whatever rtl_433 puts out is probably appropriate.  Does any of this help you?

Yes, that's very helpful - thank you very much Stephen!

Kind regards,

Kelly

Offline kbellis

• Forecaster
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2019, 12:28:22 PM »
The console does not transmit data from its sensors. It is the target.

So it sounds that SDR + rtl_433 isn't involved at all with any of the barometric data's transmission from the WS-2902A display console - correct?

Of course the display console does transmit data to the local WiFi, during which other listening devices (non-SDR) can intercept: e.g., using Arthur Emerson's weewx-atmocom-udp v1.2 driver

pi@raspberrypi:~/atmocom $ ./atmoudp36.bin  -p PASSKEY
* ATMOCOM UDP Weather Data Logger v0.3b *
-Passkey            : PASSKEY
-Database directory : wxdb
-Using metric system: True

('192.168.1.16', 12000) b'passkey=PASSKEY&rev=0x2C370&data=/weatherstation/updateweatherstation.php?ID=KMEELLSW50&PASSWORD=m28sul6u&indoortempf=67.8&tempf=53.8&dewptf=35.1&windchillf=53.8&indoorhumidity=39&humidity=49&windspeedmph=5.1&windgustmph=5.8&winddir=204&absbaromin=29.73&baromin=29.91&rainin=0.00&dailyrainin=0.02&weeklyrainin=0.02&monthlyrainin=6.28&yearlyrainin=17.46&solarradiation=787.36&UV=7&dateutc=2019-04-28%2017:33:05&softwaretype=AMBWeatherV4.1.1&action=updateraw&realtime=1&rtfreq=5 '
-  WU data format detected
attempt to write a readonly database
('192.168.1.16', 12000) b'passkey=PASSKEY&rev=0x2C370&data=/weatherstation/updateweatherstation.php?ID=KMEELLSW50&PASSWORD=m28sul6u&indoortempf=67.8&tempf=53.8&dewptf=34.0&windchillf=53.8&indoorhumidity=39&humidity=47&windspeedmph=7.6&windgustmph=10.3&winddir=300&absbaromin=29.73&baromin=29.91&rainin=0.00&dailyrainin=0.02&weeklyrainin=0.02&monthlyrainin=6.28&yearlyrainin=17.46&solarradiation=780.75&UV=7&dateutc=2019-04-28%2017:33:21&softwaretype=AMBWeatherV4.1.1&action=updateraw&realtime=1&rtfreq=5 '
('192.168.1.16', 12000) b'passkey=PASSKEY&rev=0x2C370&data=/weatherstation/updateweatherstation.php?ID=KMEELLSW50&PASSWORD=m28sul6u&indoortempf=67.8&tempf=53.8&dewptf=33.4&windchillf=53.8&indoorhumidity=39&humidity=46&windspeedmph=7.2&windgustmph=10.3&winddir=250&absbaromin=29.73&baromin=29.91&rainin=0.00&dailyrainin=0.02&weeklyrainin=0.02&monthlyrainin=6.28&yearlyrainin=17.46&solarradiation=767.41&UV=7&dateutc=2019-04-28%2017:33:37&softwaretype=AMBWeatherV4.1.1&action=updateraw&realtime=1&rtfreq=5 '
('192.168.1.16', 12000) b'passkey=PASSKEY&rev=0x2C370&data=/endpoint?stationtype=AMBWeatherV4.1.1&PASSKEY=EB63498B057AC89D8122BEE9ECC70763&dateutc=2019-04-28+17:33:49&winddir=250&windspeedmph=7.2&windgustmph=10.3&maxdailygust=18.3&tempf=53.8&hourlyrainin=0.00&eventrainin=1.25&dailyrainin=0.02&weeklyrainin=0.02&monthlyrainin=6.28&yearlyrainin=17.46&baromrelin=29.91&baromabsin=29.72&humidity=46&tempinf=68.0&humidityin=39&uv=7&solarradiation=767.41 '
('192.168.1.16', 12000) b'passkey=PASSKEY&rev=0x2C370&data=/weatherstation/updateweatherstation.php?ID=KMEELLSW50&PASSWORD=m28sul6u&indoortempf=68.0&tempf=53.8&dewptf=34.0&windchillf=53.8&indoorhumidity=39&humidity=47&windspeedmph=6.9&windgustmph=8.1&winddir=270&absbaromin=29.72&baromin=29.91&rainin=0.00&dailyrainin=0.02&weeklyrainin=0.02&monthlyrainin=6.28&yearlyrainin=17.46&solarradiation=767.78&UV=7&dateutc=2019-04-28%2017:33:53&softwaretype=AMBWeatherV4.1.1&action=updateraw&realtime=1&rtfreq=5 '

pi@raspberrypi:/etc/weewx $ sudo /etc/init.d/weewx stop
[ ok ] Stopping weewx (via systemctl): weewx.service.
pi@raspberrypi:/etc/weewx $ sudo weewxd weewx.conf
LOOP:   2019-04-28 10:51:20 EDT (1556463080) altimeter: 29.8717169546, appTemp: 42.072810622, barometer: 29.8843336142, cloudbase: 3250.42822233, dateTime: 1556463080, dewpoint: 33.8944955053, heatindex: 47.5, humidex: 47.5, inDewpoint: 41.4872761332, inHumidity: 39, inTemp: 67.3, maxSolarRad: 815.85703395, outHumidity: 59, outTemp: 47.5, pressure: 29.71, radiation: 881.07, rain: 0.0, rainRate: 0, usUnits: 1, UV: 8, windchill: 46.1399181728, windDir: 290, windGust: 4.5, windSpeed: 3.8
LOOP:   2019-04-28 10:51:36 EDT (1556463096) altimeter: 29.8717169546, appTemp: 42.2517904021, barometer: 29.8843336142, cloudbase: 3154.86029954, dateTime: 1556463096, dewpoint: 34.3149943656, heatindex: 47.5, humidex: 47.5, inDewpoint: 41.4872761332, inHumidity: 39, inTemp: 67.3, maxSolarRad: 816.299633379, outHumidity: 60, outTemp: 47.5, pressure: 29.71, radiation: 878.37, rain: 0.0, rainRate: 0, usUnits: 1, UV: 8, windchill: 46.3046187182, windDir: 307, windGust: 4.5, windSpeed: 3.6
LOOP:   2019-04-28 10:51:52 EDT (1556463112) altimeter: 29.8717169546, appTemp: 41.6321945021, barometer: 29.8843336142, cloudbase: 3154.86029954, dateTime: 1556463112, dewpoint: 34.3149943656, heatindex: 47.5, humidex: 47.5, inDewpoint: 41.4872761332, inHumidity: 39, inTemp: 67.3, maxSolarRad: 816.741118563, outHumidity: 60, outTemp: 47.5, pressure: 29.71, radiation: 877.51, rain: 0.0, rainRate: 0, usUnits: 1, UV: 8, windchill: 45.478419953, windDir: 312, windGust: 5.8, windSpeed: 4.7
LOOP:   2019-04-28 10:52:08 EDT (1556463128) altimeter: 29.8717169546, appTemp: 42.6460787021, barometer: 29.8843336142, cloudbase: 3154.86029954, dateTime: 1556463128, dewpoint: 34.3149943656, heatindex: 47.5, humidex: 47.5, inDewpoint: 41.4872761332, inHumidity: 39, inTemp: 67.3, maxSolarRad: 817.181491045, outHumidity: 60, outTemp: 47.5, pressure: 29.71, radiation: 874.46, rain: 0.0, rainRate: 0, usUnits: 1, UV: 8, windchill: 47.5, windDir: 291, windGust: 4.5, windSpeed: 2.9
LOOP:   2019-04-28 10:52:24 EDT (1556463144) altimeter: 29.8717169546, appTemp: 40.9662707821, barometer: 29.8843336142, cloudbase: 3060.68950083, dateTime: 1556463144, dewpoint: 34.7293458799, heatindex: 47.5, humidex: 47.5, inDewpoint: 41.4872761332, inHumidity: 39, inTemp: 67.3, maxSolarRad: 817.620605418, outHumidity: 61, outTemp: 47.5, pressure: 29.71, radiation: 874.46, rain: 0.0, rainRate: 0, usUnits: 1, UV: 8, windchill: 44.6901761734, windDir: 310, windGust: 9.2, windSpeed: 6.0
LOOP:   2019-04-28 10:52:40 EDT (1556463160) altimeter: 29.8717169546, appTemp: 39.4917723021, barometer: 29.8843336142, cloudbase: 3154.86029954, dateTime: 1556463160, dewpoint: 34.3149943656, heatindex: 47.5, humidex: 47.5, inDewpoint: 41.4872761332, inHumidity: 39, inTemp: 67.3, maxSolarRad: 818.058803625, outHumidity: 60, outTemp: 47.5, pressure: 29.71, radiation: 874.46, rain: 0.0, rainRate: 0, usUnits: 1, UV: 8, windchill: 43.5112234785, windDir: 308, windGust: 11.4, windSpeed: 8.5
LOOP:   2019-04-28 10:52:56 EDT (1556463176) altimeter: 29.8817634304, appTemp: 40.8999448021, barometer: 29.8943922927, cloudbase: 3154.86029954, dateTime: 1556463176, dewpoint: 34.3149943656, heatindex: 47.5, humidex: 47.5, inDewpoint: 41.665600342, inHumidity: 39, inTemp: 67.5, maxSolarRad: 818.495940296, outHumidity: 60, outTemp: 47.5, pressure: 29.72, radiation: 874.09, rain: 0.0, rainRate: 0, usUnits: 1, UV: 8, windchill: 44.6901761734, windDir: 257, windGust: 6.9, windSpeed: 6.0

Offline GHammer

• Senior Contributor
    • Woodmar Weather
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2019, 01:25:53 PM »
When I used WiFi sniffing, I used Matt’s Interceptor driver.
No experience with the one you have shown.
Then SDR became possible and I bought the items needed and get the data directly from the devices.
The WH25 was actually nice as it allowed me to place the console in a different location that would be heated somewhat.
Now my interior temp is better, but that is displayed on my WS2000 console.
I have the 2902A console sitting in another room now.
Wireless Vantage Pro2 Plus with 24hr FARS, WLL