Author Topic: Where is grlevelxmods?  (Read 2176 times)

Offline dasman

• Forecaster
    • Wx Peotone
Where is grlevelxmods?
« on: March 08, 2014, 04:10:46 PM »
I just returned to town so I could have missed something.  I noticed the beta lightning placefile from grlevelxmods for GR3 was not updating.  Then I tried to the website and nothing.  Anyone have any info?
Dave Sommerfed
Peotone Illinois USA
CW7762, KILPEOT1
NWS COOP, CoCoRaHS, Spotter Network

Offline Dr Obbins

• Forecaster
Re: Where is grlevelxmods?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 07:42:04 PM »
The last emails I had form Derek (Feb 22) he stated that he was having server issues with his web host. If the issues continued, he was going to move to another server. That might be whats going on?

Offline derekm22098

• GRLevelXMods
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 07:51:22 PM »
I just returned to town so I could have missed something.  I noticed the beta lightning placefile from grlevelxmods for GR3 was not updating.  Then I tried to the website and nothing.  Anyone have any info?

The last emails I had form Derek (Feb 22) he stated that he was having server issues with his web host. If the issues continued, he was going to move to another server. That might be whats going on?

Correct, a new dedicated server should be setup within the next 24 hours.
It's an un-managed server so give me another day to install CentOS and everything else needed.

Offline Dr Obbins

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 09:53:36 PM »
Cool  8-)

Offline K3JAE

• Contributor
  • Davis VP2 Wireless
    • K3JAE's Weather Station
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 12:40:04 AM »
Man I am glad to see it come back online... I miss that site. Need that site, want that site.....

OK, enough blubbering... Will be monitoring for when it gets online. As of this posting, not yet...

73's de K3JAE

John
K3JAE Weather Station

Offline stormwatch

• Senior Contributor
    • Carolina StormWatch Weather
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 09:43:39 AM »
Glad to hear the news Derrick. I was a little worried that something had happened.

Had good results so far; living along Coastal Southeastern NC I have had quite a number of storms over the Ocean (particularly over the Gulf Stream) that I have been able to track. I know you are still working on the module but the lightning seems to be right on the money. The only real issue is if you have GR3 in animation mode the lightning appears a bit off but on a "live shot" much better results.
CoCoRaHS NC-BR-1
CW0803
Advanced Spotter