Author Topic: Weather Station Internet Connection Setup Problem  (Read 1890 times)

Offline jsvalen12

Weather Station Internet Connection Setup Problem
« on: January 17, 2020, 02:07:06 AM »
Just purchased a FanJu FJW4 WiFi Wireless Digital Weather Station and I need to connect it to the Internet by using a Smartphone and a free downloaded APP. Unfortunately, I discovered after the purchase that a Smartphone was required; I don't have one, I have a PC with Win10. So, my neighbor is coming over on Sunday morning to hook me up with his Smartphone. If anybody has any step-by-step instructions or suggestions, anyone, please let me know (don't be afraid to dumb it down). Unless I'm incorrect, once I connect with the Smartphone , I won't need the Smartphone anymore. Can I use my cable company's box (internal router) that I use to connect my PC to the Internet? Thank you for any assistance you provide. I'm including a link to the weather station.

https://www.wish.com/product/fanju-fjw4-wetterstation-color-wi-fi-weather-station-with-app-control--smart-weather-monitor-clock-with-usb-charger-port--indoor-outdoor-temperature-and-humidity--wind-speed--digital-clock-with-outdoor-sensor-5c212c3d1a89376ecc4515a3?&hide_login_modal=true

Offline K5GHS

• K5GHS's Website
Re: Weather Station Internet Connection Setup Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 07:50:00 PM »
If you're really really super antsy you could get an android emulator, though I don't know how that would work internet wise.

I've used Nox before, there are others out there too that work with W10.  I've heard of people using them to play games online with W10.  I'm assuming then you'd have internet and the ability to get apps on it.  Its been a while since I've used it though.
Joshua
K5GHS
http://www.k5ghs.radio

Collin County, TX  Grid: EM13qd  CWOP: AV590
Skywarn Repeaters:  147.180 Primary 146.740 Secondary
100% Emergency Powered Ham Radio Station (540AH Batteries/Solar Rechargeable)
Ambient Weather WS-2000
Ecowitt GW1000

Offline jsvalen12

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 10:18:14 PM »
Thank you for your replies. Unfortunately you haven't dumbed it down enough for me to understand how I can use a borrowed Smartphone to download a Free App to connect my weather station to the Internet. Questions: 1. Although it's a Free App is there a charge for using the APP to get weather info from the Internet? 2. Once connected, can I use my PC to get Internet weather info to my weather station? 3. What about my cable companies box that I use to connect my PC to the Internet, is there a way to use the cable box (probably has a router inside) to assist in getting Internet weather info to my weather station? Sorry I wasn't more specific sooner. Thank you.

Offline jsvalen12

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 03:23:21 PM »
Disregard previous. Used friend's Smartphone and although it took about and hour, the weather station is up and running with all features present.

Offline jsvalen12

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 12:13:51 AM »
Can anyone tell me the manufacturer of the FanJu FJW4 weather station? The seller has been unable to provide that info. Thank you.

Offline Waimarie

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 01:30:35 AM »
There may be a clue with the app you downloaded.  Try looking at the info in your app store.
Fine Offset WH3081 (Deceased)
Mi-Sol  WH2900C
Ecowitt HP2553
Ecowitt GW 1000 915MHz
Ecowitt GW 1000 433MHz
Ecowitt WH31
Ecowitt WH51
Ecowitt WH57
WU: IFEATH6
WOW: 910486001

Offline jsvalen12

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2020, 08:46:10 AM »
Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, that was a dead end. I have sent Emails to several sellers of this item and so far no one has answered my question other than to say FanJu. However, I can find no contact info for FanJu.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2020, 11:43:09 AM »
Fuzhou Fanju Electronics Technology Co., Ltd.
1-5, Industrial And Trade Industrial Park, Fujian Road, Yuanfeng Road, High-Tech Zone, Fuzhou, Fujian, China (Mainland)

"Derek Chen" runs it.  You can contact via Alibaba etc.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline jsvalen12

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2020, 01:26:42 PM »
Thank you

Offline jsvalen12

Weather Station Hour Display Issue
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2020, 01:17:20 AM »
I have a FanJu FJW4 weather station and the hour on the time display has recently developed an issue. It displays the hour as 1 hour later; if the actual time is 8:30 the display shows 9:30. I have changed the time zone from -4 to -5, I have manually changed the hour to the correct hour and I have also done both these things at the same time. In each case the hour than displays correctly, but after a short time, the hour display goes back to the incorrect hour, i.e. actual hour +1 hour. Any thoughts. Thank you, Bob G.

anything