Author Topic: Rain Gauge  (Read 1055 times)

Offline snow755

Rain Gauge
« on: November 22, 2018, 01:50:49 PM »
hi 

i have been  able too used  my Rain Gauge for the 1st time   but i noted that after it hits 12am   the Rain Gauge on the ACU Rite display  will not reset too 0.00" for the new day  it will still show the rain fall you had form   that day be for  the only way too reset  it  too 0" is  too do a  factory reset  i all so  noted  that the rain fall rates are vary slow  in droping off  after it has stop raining

Offline snow755

Re: Rain Gauge
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 05:26:07 PM »
am going to be saying good bye too AcuRite    i order me a : WS-2000 weather station  so i  will be swiching over too  that one

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 05:59:05 PM »
Just curious. Are you a millennial? Why do you write like that, with no capitalization, no punctuation, and lots of misspellings? Is language a factor (2nd language)? No offense intended. Just genuinely interested.

Is this truly the new thing and is it really prevalent? Is this what we have to look forward to from this generation?
https://mashable.com/2018/04/02/millennials-written-english/

« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 06:52:29 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline snow755

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 08:20:16 PM »
Just curious. Are you a millennial? Why do you write like that, with no capitalization, no punctuation, and lots of misspellings? Is language a factor (2nd language)? No offense intended. Just genuinely interested.

Is this truly the new thing and is it really prevalent? Is this what we have to look forward to from this generation?

how  abot you not worry about it ok?

Offline tony

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 05:42:09 PM »
Kind of rude to criticize someone's spelling and punctuation.  I was able to interpret what he was saying, that's all that counts. Geeze.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 10:27:21 AM »
I think it is rude to not put the effort in to be understood. When a person whose first language isn't English the polite thing you normally see is that they explain their situation and you can tell they are making an effort to communicate. They will say something like, "Sorry for my bad English...." Those people I help and I'll put the effort in to try and understand them. I'm meeting them half way. They put the effort in and I put the effort in too. Here I see no effort. If there is another handicap it would be good to know. Otherwise I see indifference. Geez.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 10:32:28 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 10:58:22 AM »

That Mashable article was... "interesting".  One of my kids is finishing off a  university degree (professional school) and the quality of writing  I see in their group projects is appalling.  Whilst language does change over time, basics don't: make yourself and your ideas clear through clear, written text.  I am not sure how some of these kids ever got into university as their entry essays must have been something else.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 12:49:23 PM »
The more things change, the more they stay the same.....  #-o

WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 01:26:05 PM »
So he writes in the style of ee cummings. 

Who cares?   :roll:

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2018, 07:17:16 PM »
So he writes in the style of ee cummings. 

Who cares?   :roll:

You used a period   :)
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Victoria

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2018, 01:49:03 PM »
hi 

i have been  able too used  my Rain Gauge for the 1st time   but i noted that after it hits 12am   the Rain Gauge on the ACU Rite display  will not reset too 0.00" for the new day  it will still show the rain fall you had form   that day be for  the only way too reset  it  too 0" is  too do a  factory reset  i all so  noted  that the rain fall rates are vary slow  in droping off  after it has stop raining

Are you using the 00899 rain gauge? There are a few different views you can display for your accumulated totals. You would want to be in the "1 DAY" mode to see today's totals. Other views, such as Event or Week, aren't going to reset at midnight.

https://www.acurite.com/media/manuals/00899-02445-instructions.pdf

anything