Author Topic: WU - Let us know your issues  (Read 188238 times)

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: WU - Let us know your issues
« Reply #1700 on: March 31, 2019, 04:41:27 PM »
Not sure if its related, but anyone know why my map has no background, or actual map in Chrome on WU, just my station and radar.

I tried Edge and it was fine.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

You mentioned that it works for you in Edge...EDIT:but you didn't mention what browser you are using that doesn't work. Long day, missed it....you did mention Chrome.  Clear your browser cache. From what I've read the following is true:

WU Currently Works with:
  • Chrome
  • Edge
  • Firefox

WU Currently DOESNT Work with:
  • Internet Explorer (IE) - nor would I expect anything new to support an abandoned browser whose last version 11 came out 5 1/2 years ago

WU Had Problems with but may be resolved by now (not sure - they are working on it):
  • Safari

Bottom line:
  • Use one of the 3 most popular browsers that make up 99% of all Internet traffic. Otherwise you are just asking for trouble...not just with WU but with the Internet in general. Sure other options that make up the 1% are okay if you know what you are doing with special browsers like SeaMonkey, Chromium, Netsurf, Opera...etc....but IE is not one of them. If you are having problems with one of the 3 mentioned browsers then most likely the problem is on your end. Try using a different computer. If your WU station dashboard doesn't work on various computers then there is a small chance that the problem is on WU side....then mention that here and mention your station ID and all that you've done to troubleshoot.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 05:03:17 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline jpwp

« Reply #1701 on: March 31, 2019, 04:46:49 PM »
Who do you mean by *them*? Are you asking WeatherCloud to add support for your PWS model or is *them* your PWS manufacture whom you've asked to add support for WeatherCloud? Because if you are asking WeatherCloud to add support for your PWS model then you are asking the wrong side. WeatherCloud has a published standard and any manufacture or weather software developer is free to add the support to submit data to WeatherCloud. So you need to ask your PWS manufacture. Or forget that idea and just do it yourself. In most cases you can add the required support to your weather station by adding some hardware/software solution to publish your data anywhere you want. What brand/model weather station do you have?

WeatherCloud said to send them a support request if my PWS is not supported, so that's what I did.

It should be trivial for them to implement an WeatherUnderground compatible endpoint that my Aercus Weathersleuth can use. I could implement a proxy that does the conversion from WU->WeatherCloud API, but they'd be fools not to make a compatibility layer and take advantage of the large user base that now finds WU unusable and have no faith it will improve.

However, if you know of existing solutions to do the conversion, I'd gratefully accept guidance to save me the time required to start from scratch!

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1702 on: March 31, 2019, 05:00:17 PM »
Who do you mean by *them*? Are you asking WeatherCloud to add support for your PWS model or is *them* your PWS manufacture whom you've asked to add support for WeatherCloud? Because if you are asking WeatherCloud to add support for your PWS model then you are asking the wrong side. WeatherCloud has a published standard and any manufacture or weather software developer is free to add the support to submit data to WeatherCloud. So you need to ask your PWS manufacture. Or forget that idea and just do it yourself. In most cases you can add the required support to your weather station by adding some hardware/software solution to publish your data anywhere you want. What brand/model weather station do you have?

WeatherCloud said to send them a support request if my PWS is not supported, so that's what I did.

It should be trivial for them to implement an WeatherUnderground compatible endpoint that my Aercus Weathersleuth can use. I could implement a proxy that does the conversion from WU->WeatherCloud API, but they'd be fools not to make a compatibility layer and take advantage of the large user base that now finds WU unusable and have no faith it will improve.

However, if you know of existing solutions to do the conversion, I'd gratefully accept guidance to save me the time required to start from scratch!

If you have an Aercus station then you should contact one of two companies. You can contact Aercus and see if they will sell you an Aercus Weather Logger. This device is the same as an Ambient Weather ObserverIP but it will have the frequency you need for your Aercus station (433 MHz), where the Ambient version is 915 MHz. The other company you can contact is Ecowitt. They can sell you an ObserverIP with 433 MHz that is compatible with your Aercus station. You'll also need a compatible indoor device that does barometer, indoor temperature and indoor humidity. This is the WH32B...but you need again for it to be 433 MHz version from Aercus or from Ecowitt...you may have this part already or one compatible that is similar with your existing station. The next part you need is a Meteobridge. The Meteobridge will get the data from the ObserverIP and let you publish your data to just about any place possible. I use it to publish to 10 online weather services. It can also publish to your own website via various templates, and you can even have your data sent to a local SQL database. This is just one solution. Another solution is to set up a Raspberry Pi and run WeeWx on it with the Interceptor driver. This device will then pick up your weather data by sitting in the middle of your network between your station console and the Internet and capture Internet packets on their way to WU. Then WeeWx will let you publish to just about anywhere I mentioned that the Meteobridge can do. So those are two options available to you. This thread is really not the place to go into more detail. I suggest heading over to the Ambient Weather and other Fine Offset subforum and bringing this up there if you need help. But if you search that subforum you'll find these solutions mentioned also.

Here is the thread summarizing these options (it focuses on CWOP but really it applies to sending your data just about anywhere):
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=34922.0
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 05:07:30 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline tonyh

« Reply #1703 on: March 31, 2019, 05:22:52 PM »
Well I have Chrome and have cleared the cache, etc and yet the same issues persist, so today allegedly my max was 4c (in fact 13.5c), no webcam, rh, pressure, dp all incorrect bar the graphs, temperaure not to decimal point, etc..

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1704 on: March 31, 2019, 05:31:41 PM »
Well I have Chrome and have cleared the cache, etc and yet the same issues persist, so today allegedly my max was 4c (in fact 13.5c), no webcam, rh, pressure, dp all incorrect bar the graphs, temperaure not to decimal point, etc..

There are issues yet to be fixed. I didn't mean to say that if you use Chrome everything is working. I'm referring to people not seeing the map..or with other weird issues. We all know that the Summary data is not right in any browser and issues with units etc...read what is being fixed by WU employee posts. The browser issue has to do with components loading.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 05:34:14 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline jpwp

« Reply #1705 on: March 31, 2019, 05:50:23 PM »
This device is the same as an Ambient Weather ObserverIP but it will have the frequency you need for your Aercus station (433 MHz), where the Ambient version is 915 MHz. The other company you can contact is Ecowitt. They can sell you an ObserverIP with 433 MHz that is compatible with your Aercus station. You'll also need a compatible indoor device that does barometer, indoor temperature and indoor humidity. This is the WH32B...but you need again for it to be 433 MHz version from Aercus or from Ecowitt...you may have this part already or one compatible that is similar with your existing station. The next part you need is a Meteobridge. The Meteobridge will get the data from the ObserverIP and let you publish your data to just about any place possible. I use it to publish to 10 online weather services. It can also publish to your own website via various templates, and you can even have your data sent to a local SQL database. This is just one solution. Another solution is to set up a Raspberry Pi and run WeeWx on it with the Interceptor driver. This device will then pick up your weather data by sitting in the middle of your network between your station console and the Internet and capture Internet packets on their way to WU. Then WeeWx will let you publish to just about anywhere I mentioned that the Meteobridge can do. So those are two options available to you. This thread is really not the place to go into more detail. I suggest heading over to the Ambient Weather and other Fine Offset subforum and bringing this up there if you need help. But if you search that subforum you'll find these solutions mentioned also.

Here is the thread summarizing these options (it focuses on CWOP but really it applies to sending your data just about anywhere):
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=34922.0

Much thanks - the WeatherSleuth comes with the equivalent of the ObserverIP and a WH32B out of the box. I hadn't heard of Meteobridge but was already investigating WeeWx. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I'll ask any further questions in the appropriate subforum :-)

Offline sone

« Reply #1706 on: March 31, 2019, 08:30:23 PM »
Are you going to bring back the Yearly and Custom Mode displays for our historical data?

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1707 on: March 31, 2019, 08:39:13 PM »
I don't know what's going on... Maybe I'm dreaming, or died and went to heaven but I'm seeing my old page again. It's beautiful, Rapidfire, Temps in 10ths, Summary that works... I even have a gold star!  :grin:

Tell me it's true, I'm not believing...
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?id=kwaspoka133#history

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1708 on: March 31, 2019, 08:44:05 PM »
I don't know what's going on... Maybe I'm dreaming, or died and went to heaven but I'm seeing my old page again. It's beautiful, Rapidfire, Temps in 10ths, Summary that works, square map that's not squished... I even have a gold star!  :grin:

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?id=kwaspoka133#history

Me too !!!  [tup]
IT'S ALIVE !!!
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?id=KFLWINTE111#history

Oh how I missed thee....Rapidfire, tenths decimal degrees for temperature and wind, summary that works, Custom and Yearly Modes for graphs and data, and everything fits on the screen without need to scroll. It's like the Windows Start Menu...they took it away and then they had to bring it back.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 08:53:49 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Alaska, The Last American Frontier
  • Forecaster
  • Living in the "Last American Frontier"
« Reply #1709 on: March 31, 2019, 08:46:03 PM »
Mucho rapido!

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #1710 on: March 31, 2019, 08:46:31 PM »
I don't know what's going on... Maybe I'm dreaming, or died and went to heaven but I'm seeing my old page again. It's beautiful, Rapidfire, Temps in 10ths, Summary that works... I even have a gold star!  :grin:

Works for me using the old URL, but not the new ones.

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1711 on: March 31, 2019, 08:50:21 PM »

Works for me using the old URL, but not the new ones.
Yep, but it works. We have options...for now... [tup]

Offline boss281

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1712 on: March 31, 2019, 10:09:08 PM »
Even if I type it in manually it resolves to the new dashboard. :-(
Weather Underground PWS KMDNEWWI3

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1713 on: March 31, 2019, 10:23:15 PM »

Offline arbkab

« Reply #1714 on: March 31, 2019, 10:38:58 PM »

It's beautiful!! </wipes tears> :grin:

Just realized the data to the right of the map is not updating for me (even though message shows station reporting every minute). Summary data all looks reasonable though.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 10:46:40 PM by arbkab »

Offline boss281

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1715 on: March 31, 2019, 10:40:37 PM »
Weather Underground PWS KMDNEWWI3

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #1716 on: March 31, 2019, 10:44:04 PM »
Me too !!!  [tup]
IT'S ALIVE !!!
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?id=KFLWINTE111#history

Mine is still there too.  Looks like they forgot to redirect that URL to the new system.  Now that they know about it watch it die too.

The ridiculous part is the data is correctly displaying on that old page...ALL of the data including the daily summary...while the "new and improved" page has it all farkled up.  That means they are getting the correct data and have managed to completely screw it up on the backend inserting it into this hilarious fiasco of a redesign.

At least they're consistent.

Offline Bashy

• brecklandweather.com/meteo
  • Forecaster
  • brecklandweather.com/index.php
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #1717 on: March 31, 2019, 10:56:57 PM »
Thanks for the link guys, it looks liek the webcams dont work though?
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Alaska, The Last American Frontier
  • Forecaster
  • Living in the "Last American Frontier"
« Reply #1718 on: March 31, 2019, 11:28:06 PM »
Oh, the familiarity of it all!  UU

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1719 on: March 31, 2019, 11:29:48 PM »
Now may be a good time to use this old page to d/l complete historical data via custom range, table view, download. Who knows if it will ever be available again?   (Thanks Jim_S)!

Offline wxnut99

« Reply #1720 on: March 31, 2019, 11:36:23 PM »
I don't know what's going on... Maybe I'm dreaming, or died and went to heaven but I'm seeing my old page again. It's beautiful, Rapidfire, Temps in 10ths, Summary that works, square map that's not squished... I even have a gold star!  :grin:

Me too !!!  [tup]
IT'S ALIVE !!!

Oh how I missed thee....Rapidfire, tenths decimal degrees for temperature and wind, summary that works, Custom and Yearly Modes for graphs and data, and everything fits on the screen without need to scroll. It's like the Windows Start Menu...they took it away and then they had to bring it back.

..And like Coke Classic!  WeatherUnderground Classic. Old and not improved.. just the way we like it!    \:D/

Offline mdv

« Reply #1721 on: March 31, 2019, 11:57:07 PM »
Very happy that I can display the old-style dashboard, with rapidfire and summary data that is correct.

However, the forecast page does not work - it appears to be the new style page, and is almost totally non-functional. I guess the WU team is still working on fixing this particular page and the various forecast pages. Now fixed - But [using Chrome] only displays the 10 day forecast by using 'CTRL + Refresh', otherwise a blank screen.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 03:35:52 AM by mdv »

Offline mdv

« Reply #1722 on: April 01, 2019, 12:17:00 AM »
For the WU Team:

My dashboard (in both the new-style and the old style-then new style-back to old style versions) shows my city as New South Wales.

As raised in a previous post, New South Wales is a state of Australia (there are 6 states and 2 major territories), and is larger in size that Texas - meaning a city forecast for "New South Wales" is going to be pretty much useless.

This link https://postcodes-australia.com/state-postcodes/nsw lists all post codes (zip codes) for the state of NSW - only the postcodes between 2000 and 2999 denote cities/towns/rural localities. This website provides details of every post code in Australia.

This might assist in fixing issues with dashboards and forecasts for PWS located in Australia. Just a suggestion.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 12:29:59 AM by mdv »

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1723 on: April 01, 2019, 12:26:31 AM »
Mine is still there too.  Looks like they forgot to redirect that URL to the new system.  Now that they know about it watch it die too.
LOL, Always the optimist...  ;)

They have to know. This was working early last week after the new page was introduced, then it stopped. Galfert and I both asked that it be returned. Here is the post:
PLEASE Do Not get rid of the old station dashboard.  Just just keep it around and let us have a choice.
Hi Galfert,

unfortunately that's not an option. As you are aware that dashboard was not working well for a lot of people, hence the switch.  The new page is completely re-written with new data sources, so we can't just keep the old one running in parallel.  Whats the feature you think is most important from the old PWS dashboard page?
Any chance this can be reconsidered? (Please) On Monday when I started seeing the new page (which was not working well on any of my various computers and browsers) I quickly figured out how to get back to the old page (which worked well on all of them) so I know it is (or was) possible for them to run in parallel.

I never got a response from WU (or even a "like") so I moved on but here we are. I'm going to enjoy it while I can. I hope they keep it around until ALL the issues with the new page are resolved but who knows...?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 12:28:30 AM by Jim_S »

Offline vsakalis

« Reply #1724 on: April 01, 2019, 01:30:34 AM »
So happy, like a dream !!!!
But i remembered, old site was working till last Tuesday, together with new one, but suddenly stops and new one opens in place of it! I dont remember the lust url...If they bring it back...its something good, even for little time

anything