Author Topic: [Resolved but worth reading] exception eAccessViolation  (Read 1373 times)

Offline Bashy

• brecklandweather.com/meteo
  • Forecaster
  • brecklandweather.com/index.php
    • Breckland Weather
[Resolved but worth reading] exception eAccessViolation
« on: August 11, 2018, 02:39:25 AM »
Hi Brian, installed the latest WD and i now get this error as shown in the screen shot

I have swapped both lappy sims that work ok on another lappy running WD as a backup.

I have also just reinstalled windows and all went well, installed WD, working fine, imported the ini and reg file and wd gave this same error, so i removed it all again and reinstalled and only imported the ini and all was fine, imported the reg file and it produced this error, would it be possible for you to see what could be wrong with the reg file please?

PS, if i delete the wdisplayftp.ini folder from the registry WD then loads fine, also, this has only started since the latest build, i have a sneaky suspicion its related to me having the custom screen and your new fullscreen addition

EDIT:

Figured it out but theres another issue, ok, i had a feeling it was custom images showing on the main screen, so, i turned them off in the registry, it was this one in red

"show custom tag12"="yes"
"show custom image"="no"
"show custom image file"="C:\\wdisplay\\webfiles\\webcam\\webcamimage\\webcamimage.gif"
"show custom image3"="no"
"show custom image file3"="C:\\wdisplay\\downloads\\radarteaser.gif"
"show custom image2"="yes"
"show custom image file2"="C:\\wdisplay\\webfiles\\forecasticonstation.gif"
"show custom tag13"="yes"

The new problem i have is when i import the reg file it does not produce my custom screen, just a few little bits as seen in the other image, so, theres no real custom screen anymore, no matter which reg file i use, i have many backed up

LATEST EDIT:

Resolved it, it was a dodgy animated gif that was used on the main screen, but to get around the issue with not being able to use my custom screen, i still had to install build 60 (was all i had)  then import my reg file, then install the latest build, with that gif now fixed all is working again, perhaps food for though if another exception shows up from another customer, its not always the memory but something underlying, wish i had figured it out last night instead of resetting the lappy :(
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 03:16:52 AM by Bashy »
Kind regards
Bashy

anything