Author Topic: Gas Prices  (Read 53751 times)

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
Re: Gas Prices
« Reply #775 on: September 10, 2021, 04:13:57 PM »
Up to about 4 dollars a gallon for premium..  I can't tell if it is because we are recovering from Labor Day weekend, or the refineries want an increase in profit.

My wife is leasing a volvo and it uses premium,  I get to use the cheap stuff in my Mazda.   Stilll being on a fixed income, I don't go much anymore, have my prescriptions sent to me.  wheeee

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
« Reply #776 on: September 10, 2021, 06:26:55 PM »
Update:  Four days later the price in Troy, Alabama for reg/10%E was once again $2.729.  But, gas in my little town has risen three cents to $2.929.  Go figure.

$2.729 in Troy, Alabama, @Wallyworld/Murphy.

25 miles away in my hometown it's $2.899 at the Marathons (plural...we have four gas stations...three of them are Marathons...two of them sit across the road from each other...go figure).

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #777 on: October 04, 2021, 07:10:27 PM »
I did a day trip to Mexico today at Del Rio/Acuna and filled up at Del Rio for $2.79/gal, so not bad with all the instability around.

Offline Bashy

• brecklandweather.com/meteo
  • Forecaster
  • brecklandweather.com/index.php
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #778 on: October 04, 2021, 10:05:26 PM »
Deisel is over $8 here in the UK, petrol is a little cheaper
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #779 on: October 04, 2021, 10:18:22 PM »
Deisel is over $8 here in the UK, petrol is a little cheaper

terrible

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #780 on: October 07, 2021, 04:20:56 PM »
Highest average US gas price in 7 years. Gas says to everyone else..."get in line". Sure didn't see that comin'... :roll: :evil:

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #781 on: October 07, 2021, 04:27:40 PM »
That one was easy to predict on Nov 4th when the Keystone pipeline was canceled. That was a huge red flag predicting the future and it's only started, even the price of my cheap beer has gone up? - this is getting serious!

The biggest problem today is that the COLA that determines our SS for next year is based on the 3rd quarter of this year and while the inflation had begun, I'd bet if it were based on the 4th quarter we'd be getting a real Christmas bonus!

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #782 on: October 07, 2021, 04:39:51 PM »
That one was easy to predict on Nov 4th when the Keystone pipeline was canceled. That was a huge red flag predicting the future and it's only started
Two years ago we were completely energy independent. Not anymore. :mad: ](*,) :evil:

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #783 on: October 07, 2021, 05:16:51 PM »
My My, how times do change?

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #784 on: October 07, 2021, 07:24:56 PM »
My My, how times do change?
Ohhh, the best is still to come...Wait til the IRS queries you on why you spent $608.76 for a "something". Wait til the FBI bust your adult kids for actually having the unmitigated gall to speak up about why your grandkids are having mask mandates and indoctrination shoved down their innocent, unknowing throats. Wait til you have to show your vac papers to go out to eat or fly. Oh wait, that's already happening (which I stated in the summer of 2020 would be coming).. Wait til you have to... See a theme here?

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #785 on: October 07, 2021, 07:55:57 PM »
Yep, when the inmates are running the asylum there's no telling what's next or what they won't try to dump on us.

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #786 on: October 09, 2021, 11:55:25 AM »
Well, the price creep has begun, $2.85 today and it's not in anticipation of Halloween or any holiday.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #787 on: October 09, 2021, 12:12:30 PM »
Well we didn't get the price creep... we got the price hurricane... now up to $1.449 /l about 10 cents jump.  And it is our Thanksgiving Weekend here!
Glad I don't have to fill up as often anymore with hybrid vehicle.

Enjoy :)
Paul

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #788 on: October 09, 2021, 12:16:52 PM »
I've heard from friends in CA and it's all bad, you're way higher than we are currently, but with some help from the asylum we're catching up.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #789 on: October 13, 2021, 07:25:27 PM »

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #790 on: October 13, 2021, 08:36:50 PM »
That's the problem with the COLA for Social Security. If you live in town, are in a retirement center with no car, gas means nothing, if you live 12 miles from the nearest town or 20 miles from the doctor etc. it means a lot. So, the raise we got is a pittance. I should have stayed in MX last week and crossed this week as an illegal, I'd get more money and respect?

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #791 on: October 13, 2021, 09:14:34 PM »
So, the raise we got is a pittance.
With inflation at a THIRTY year high (whatta shock...) our raises are meaningless as we are already underwater even with the raise. I suspect many here remember Jimmy Carter years... This administration may make those times look "prosperous". What's even sadder, this is just the tip of what's going on in this country. Never in a million years did I think I'd see this head-to-toe disaster here. Never.

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #792 on: October 13, 2021, 10:50:04 PM »
So, the raise we got is a pittance.
With inflation at a THIRTY year high (whatta shock...) our raises are meaningless as we are already underwater even with the raise. I suspect many here remember Jimmy Carter years... This administration may make those times look "prosperous". What's even sadder, this is just the tip of what's going on in this country. Never in a million years did I think I'd see this head-to-toe disaster here. Never.

Buy an electric car and you don’t have to worry about gas prices! Right? Wrong! I just purchased a new car (my former car was 16 years old) and I told my salesperson I did not want an electric or hybrid vehicle that gives rise to a government handout (aka rebate, subsidy) and I don’t want the hassles of plugging my car in. I will let the next generation deal with the current follies of our current administration that renewables will solve all of our problems including cancer, COVID, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, unemployment, etc., etc. 
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 11:00:59 PM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Greg_M

« Reply #793 on: October 17, 2021, 07:48:43 AM »

Greg_M

« Reply #794 on: October 17, 2021, 09:36:19 AM »

Buy an electric car and you don’t have to worry about gas prices! Right? Wrong! I just purchased a new car (my former car was 16 years old) and I told my salesperson I did not want an electric or hybrid vehicle that gives rise to a government handout (aka rebate, subsidy) and I don’t want the hassles of plugging my car in. I will let the next generation deal with the current follies of our current administration that renewables will solve all of our problems including cancer, COVID, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, unemployment, etc., etc.

I've often wondered what people running from hurricanes do when the run out of juice and have to recharge.
Do they tell the hurricane to wait while they charge up?

Ever heard what it costs for a new battery for your electric car?

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
« Reply #795 on: October 17, 2021, 11:40:57 PM »
I've often wondered what people running from hurricanes do when the run out of juice and have to recharge.
Do they tell the hurricane to wait while they charge up?

A kite flown by a very long wire attached to the charging plug while driving and hope for lightning or a lot of corona build up on the wire.  It's called the Franklin Emergency Charging System.  Ronco carries them.  ;)
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Alaska, The Last American Frontier
  • Forecaster
  • Living in the "Last American Frontier"
« Reply #796 on: October 21, 2021, 03:48:57 PM »
So now the Biden team is consulting with the oil industry to find out how to fix the rising fuel costs. Duh!Biden team asks oil industry for help to tame gas prices - POLITICO

« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 03:52:38 PM by Weatheroger »

Greg_M

« Reply #797 on: October 21, 2021, 04:37:27 PM »

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #798 on: October 21, 2021, 05:27:01 PM »
My daughter, who works at NATO headquarters in Brussels, asked me May of 2020 what I wanted for my birthday. Knowing her TDS, I asked her to vote for Trump because when she and her family move back to the States the summer '22 they won't recognize the country they will come back to if they put Joey and Co. in "charge". She basically told me to "stick it". Well, not only am I right, I'm more right than I ever could have imagined. I also told her bread/soup lines, covid papers, wokeness, open borders, out of control inflation of gas and consumer goods, cities becoming lawless pits of slime, (what else am I forgetting...) ect. will destroy this country. The soup lines aren't quite here yet, I praying I'm not right about that as well. Sadly, we rarely speak now. 

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #799 on: October 21, 2021, 05:36:03 PM »
It's a roller coaster. Goes up then down.
Wash rinse repeat.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

anything