Author Topic: Weatherlink Live Firmware  (Read 758 times)

Offline MeteotempSB

• MeteotempSB
Weatherlink Live Firmware
« on: September 26, 2021, 09:43:33 PM »
One question, what firmware is in your Weatherlink Live, in mine is May 22, 2021.

Greetings

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
Re: Weatherlink Live Firmware
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 03:14:54 AM »
Mine is 2020-07-30, so a bit older than yours. It did have an older version than that originally but was updated last August.
Mark

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 03:36:13 AM »
Mine is 2020-07-30, so a bit older than yours. It did have an older version than that originally but was updated last August.

My home WLL is the same, but sounds like there may be a newer version. Unfortunately I'm not aware of any way for the user to update the firmware beyond: (i) Doing a full power cycle on the WLL; as it reboots it should apparently look to see if newer F/W is available and download/install that; (but I've never checked to see if this works as described); or (ii) for a F/W update to be pushed individually from Davis, but this mechanism is usually considered a last resort and - as you might imagine - not encouraged.

All that said, I'm guessing that any later version than 2020-07-30 is only a very minor update and possibly inconsequential for most users. Certainly, I'm not aware of any significant issues that might be fixed by newer firmware.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Bashy

• brecklandweather.com/meteo
  • Forecaster
  • brecklandweather.com/index.php
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 05:23:31 AM »
Maybe the older is the UK only as mine is the same 30/07/2020
Kind regards
Bashy

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2021, 06:34:47 AM »
Maybe the older is the UK only as mine is the same 30/07/2020

Don't think it would be territory-specific (or at least not beyond major regions like EU, US etc, if at all). But it's not inconceivable that there might have been a hardware change (due to eg chip sourcing) that needed a slight firmware tweak or - perhaps more likely - a tweak of limited relevance to most users that was not pushed out generally.

But (and I'm not suggesting that people do this if your WLL is running fine) it may well be that a WLL power cycle is needed to check for/install new firmware, so if your WLL has just been sitting there working away quietly for the past several months or more then very possibly it may not have even had the opportunity to install new F/W.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Bashy

• brecklandweather.com/meteo
  • Forecaster
  • brecklandweather.com/index.php
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2021, 06:45:04 AM »
I only got mine from you guys the other week, so I spose if there was an update, it would have done it during setup. Tempted to check now lol

Did a pwr recycle and no difference for me
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 06:51:14 AM by Bashy »
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2021, 07:06:00 AM »
Apparently the May 22 firmware contains a fix for the internal wind direction calibration if the sensor is not pointing north - so it probably mainly affects people in the southern hemisphere.
Mark

anything