Author Topic: New WeatherLink Live, can't connect it to the WeatherLink.com  (Read 1427 times)

Offline boss281

• Senior Contributor
New WeatherLink Live, can't connect it to the WeatherLink.com
« on: February 08, 2020, 07:10:17 PM »
This is ridiculous.

I currently have a Vantage Pro2 wireless.  Connects to a console, which has the USB logger connected to a dedicated Windows PC.

If I load the Windows software (6.0.5), it connects fine on that PC, and can load the weatherlink web page anywhere and view that data.  But, I don't load normally load Weatherlink software, I use Cumulus to push out to weather services. Weatherlink is never loaded on that machine except for testing the connection.

Installed the Weatherlink Live device today using the app.  My weather station is called JWJordans, and my new WLL is called WLLJordans.

If I load the Weatherlink web page for JWJordans, I see no new data, only data that was loaded briefly on the dedicated PC. I can see the WLL data for indoor temp and all that.

What the heck????????

EDIT: is it possible the JWJordans is actually the name of my console and NOT the actually Vantage Pro2 outside???
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 07:13:04 PM by boss281 »
Weather Underground PWS KMDNEWWI3

Offline DesertPearl34

Re: New WeatherLink Live, can't connect it to the WeatherLink.com
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 01:18:20 AM »
I can see your station in WeatherLink under WLLJordans.  The VP2 shows as JWJordans.  I can see all of the temp., wind, rain, etc. data from the VP2 and the numbers are updating.

Were you able to connect?

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 04:58:44 AM »
Your console doesn't have a name - where did that idea come from?

You have an account at weatherlink.com with an account username. Within that account you can have multiple stations each with their own (preferably unique) station name. Each station is associated with a particular upload device (eg WeatherlinkIP or Weatherlink Live) or upload mechanism (eg uploading from Weatherlink for Windows). When you set up a new upload device then you also create a new named station at weatherlink.com to receive data from that upload device.

There's no easy mechanism on weatherlink.com to change a station's data source from one upload device type to another (eg WLfW to WLL), so you need to go through the process of creating a new station and station name for the new upload device. But it sounds like you've done all that OK.

Obviously I don't know your account in detail but it sounds like:

1. You previously set up a Weatherlink for Windows upload to a station called JWJordans

2. You've now set up a new WLL device uploading to a station called WLLJordans

So your data will now be appearing under WLLJordans.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 05:00:49 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline boss281

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 05:02:39 AM »
Before going to bed I deleted all the information about the weather link live device. I also uninstalled the Android app. I then went through the process and added it back.

When I woke up this morning all seemed to be working now. The app sort of works unless I move back and forth from the account page and then the Android app screen goes white.

The JWJordans account was set up two years ago when I first got the weather station and a USB data logger for the console. I really don't need that account anymore and would rather have it registered just under the weather link live. I'll call Davis on Monday and see what I can do about just having one device from this point forward.

Offline Liamdog4

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 12:14:11 PM »
If you want to transfer your data since you installed 2 years ago, you'll have to import it. Its under the wrench icon and "device" you'll see "import" at the top and instructions. Update us on the app and white screen of death...  :roll:

I think Davis could have did a better job of instructions on people who were converting from USB or IP logging that have that setup under a name already and issues or questions that could arise. Its fine if you are just setting up a station for the first time user but not established stations in my opinion.
Vantage Pro2 Plus Wireless, 24 hr Aspirated, Soil Moisture Station, Leaf Moisture, 2 Extra Temperature Stations

Offline boss281

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2020, 12:20:35 PM »
I'm on the phone now to talk about deleting that old account that used the console and usb datalogger.

When I mentioned the Pixel3a issues, he said it was fixed and to log out of the android app, then login back in. For me, it seems stable now...

Offline boss281

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 12:21:40 PM »
I take it back. I was able to move back and forth in the app and it finally went white again. I'll log a trouble ticket.

Offline racer3

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2020, 12:27:46 PM »
I have been having the same white screen problem also. Just started recently, a couple of days ago. not all the time though. Also noticed the app not updating wind every 2 1/2 seconds. It will update every time I touch and move the screen though. Must be the Davis app acting up again. Every time I contact Davis their answer is they will give it to the engineers.

anything