Author Topic: WeatherLink Problem  (Read 1616 times)

Offline MatteoPV

• Contributor
WeatherLink Problem
« on: May 11, 2019, 04:19:02 AM »
Hi guys, I have a question for you. I have my VP2 online via wifilogger. I upload data on WeatherLink with Pro account, every 10 minutes without problems. Online I see the uploaded data, etc. Now I would like to download my weather data with the WeatherLink software on my PC ..... download data from WeatherLink web to PC. I can't !!! How do you configure ???? In adjusting the software I have downloaded from the web putting ID and password my Davis but nothing. Where am I wrong?

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: WeatherLink Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 04:52:17 AM »
This should work OK. Make sure:

In Communications Port you have TCP/IP and Web Download selected

You have definitely entered the DID for your device correctly and also the account password.

There will likely be an error in one of these settings.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline MatteoPV

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 04:58:01 AM »
The system tells me to check ID and Password ....... but they are correct. I do not understand

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 05:02:17 AM »
Exactly what are you putting in the ID field - you can post it here - it's not desperately confidential.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2019, 05:05:55 AM »
The ID needs to be the MAC address not the WL.com account

Offline MatteoPV

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2019, 07:21:13 AM »

I don't want to download data from VP2 but from WeatherLink.com

Exactly what are you putting in the ID field - you can post it here - it's not desperately confidential.

I put the Device ID of my VP2:

Device ID
001D0AE05FA4

And then the password which is numerical but which I would prefer not to post

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2019, 07:27:08 AM »
If you want to PM me the password then I'll take a quick look.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline MatteoPV

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2019, 08:49:03 AM »
No, I'm sorry, but I won't communicate my password. I sent an email to WL support, let's see

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2019, 10:07:26 AM »
are you trying to put the ID and the DID in the log in to enter WL.com?

If you are, you don't do that.   You have to establish the usual username and password as you did when you added your device to the WL.com site.   I am attaching the Weatherlink.com Site log on.  is this where you are putting in yourstuff?

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2019, 10:12:03 AM »
Hi guys, I have a question for you. I have my VP2 online via wifilogger. I upload data on WeatherLink with Pro account, every 10 minutes without problems. Online I see the uploaded data, etc. Now I would like to download my weather data with the WeatherLink software on my PC ..... download data from WeatherLink web to PC. I can't !!! How do you configure ???? In adjusting the software I have downloaded from the web putting ID and password my Davis but nothing. Where am I wrong?

Are you using the API key?  you can find that on the site for your unit

To download data from the Weatherlink.com site, you have to have a pro account.  that is where they get you, you have to purchase the account , the basic won't let you into your data.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2019, 10:20:30 AM »
To download data from the Weatherlink.com site, you have to have a pro account.  that is where they get you, you have to purchase the account , the basic won't let you into your data.

Not true! You can (currently, at least) download your latest 10240 archive records on a free account at wl.com via Web Download to WLfW.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline MatteoPV

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2019, 10:22:34 AM »
I have a pro account, it should work

Offline MatteoPV

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2019, 11:14:32 AM »
Guys I solved, it was my fault. I put the station ID and then his key, instead I had to put my password in. Everything works .

Thanks for the answers

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2019, 05:41:12 PM »

Not true! You can (currently, at least) download your latest 10240 archive records on a free account at wl.com via Web Download to WLfW.

Are you hinting they are thinking of changing the Basic plan??   

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2019, 05:57:28 PM »

I don't want to download data from VP2 but from WeatherLink.com

The WLIP MAC address and DID are essentially one and the same and technically don't relate to the VP2 (as such) just a difference of terminology, Local Device ID looks like this  00:1D:0A:E0:5F:A4, the Web Download Device ID (DID looks like this  001D0AE05FA4 both forms are essentially a "Media Access Control" address   
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 07:51:21 PM by Mattk »

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2019, 07:14:22 PM »

Well excuse me for breathing.   Yeah you do, but who am I to question you.   I have two IP loggers (why I have no idea)  and two stations and it works fine my way

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2019, 07:52:43 PM »

Well excuse me for breathing.   Yeah you do, but who am I to question you.   I have two IP loggers (why I have no idea)  and two stations and it works fine my way

NO you don't, you can download from the basic "free" account with WLIP. no PRO account is required

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2019, 10:27:06 AM »

NO you don't, you can download from the basic "free" account with WLIP. no PRO account is required
   I am not going to argue with you, so I have attached a picture now I have to convince a bird it can't come through the window.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2019, 10:45:53 AM »
I am not going to argue with you, so I have attached a picture now I have to convince a bird it can't come through the window.

What you're referring to here is accessing the Data menu of the weatherlink.com website and that does indeed require a station that's been upgraded to Pro (or Pro+ or Custom) level.

But that's not what we've been talking about here, which is downloading archive data from wl.com to a local copy of Weatherlink for Windows. As both Mattk and I have been saying, this can be done with a free account, at least for your 10,000 or so most recent archive records. (NB But this does not apply to the Weatherlink Live device.)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 10:49:00 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

anything