Author Topic: How to define rain year on Weatherlink.com  (Read 1403 times)

Offline kirkmoon

How to define rain year on Weatherlink.com
« on: October 07, 2020, 09:36:59 PM »
Hello everyone. New member here. Any/all help appreciated.

I recently purchased a Vantage Pro 2 Plus, two Air Links, and a Weatherlink Live. So far, they have been fantastic. Really happy with the entire setup.

I have a question that I can't solve from reading the owner's manual, playing with the software on my Weatherlink.com pages, or or the help pages on the Davis web site.

I want to set the rain year to start in October. I think that the default for the beginning of the rain year in the Davis setup is January. I know that I found this setting once and I think I changed it to July, but I can't, for the life of me, figure out where it is now and I want to set it to October.

Can anyone help me? Thanks very much in advance.

Offline TraderGary

• Stock Market Wizard
  • Forecaster
  • Amateur Radio W9VJ
Re: How to define rain year on Weatherlink.com
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 11:49:43 PM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus 6163 (Wireless) | Davis WeatherLink Live 6100 | Meteobridge Pro
WeatherLink | WundergroundCWOPAWEKASWindy

Offline kirkmoon

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 10:05:54 AM »
Thank you very much for taking the time. Super helpful. Problem solved! 
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 10:07:50 AM by kirkmoon »

Offline TraderGary

• Stock Market Wizard
  • Forecaster
  • Amateur Radio W9VJ
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2020, 10:21:13 AM »
What operating system, and browser were you using that wouldn't work?

I was using my Asus ZenBook Pro Duo i9 laptop PC running the latest Windows 10 and the new Microsoft Edge Chromium based browser.
The screenshots were done using Microsoft Snip & Sketch.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 10:25:48 AM by TraderGary »
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus 6163 (Wireless) | Davis WeatherLink Live 6100 | Meteobridge Pro

Offline kirkmoon

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2020, 10:25:54 AM »
My mistake. I actually WAS able to access the software switch via my browser after all. I was using the wrong Edit button (the one for the Vantage Pro 2 rather than for the Weatherlink Live).  I edited my comment. All is good! Thanks.

Offline TraderGary

• Stock Market Wizard
  • Forecaster
  • Amateur Radio W9VJ
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2020, 10:32:54 AM »
You're very welcome!
Be sure to give me credit by pressing the red LIKE button!  [tup]

Offline kirkmoon

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2020, 10:34:46 AM »
Done, done and done.   [tup]

Offline max hammer

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2021, 03:42:07 PM »
I know this has been awhile, but I am having the same issue. Screen shot answers were well done but when I click DEVICE I do not get the option for CONFIGURATION. I only get Device Info with no edit options. Any ideas? Thanks!

Offline TraderGary

• Stock Market Wizard
  • Forecaster
  • Amateur Radio W9VJ
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2021, 03:56:42 PM »
I know this has been awhile, but I am having the same issue. Screen shot answers were well done but when I click DEVICE I do not get the option for CONFIGURATION. I only get Device Info with no edit options. Any ideas? Thanks!

After choosing "Device"...

On the next line...

Are you then clicking on the words "Device Configuration"?

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2021, 03:59:14 PM »
You haven't said what Davis system/upload device you're using. If you're using a console-based logger then you may need to set the year on the console. TBH I don't know whether or not this carries up to wl.com but it may well do so.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline max hammer

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2021, 10:59:21 PM »
Hey thanks for the replys. Here is the story: Vantage Vue. Weatherlink Pro. USB Logger. Mac Pro. My data logger went south so I got a new one and trying to configure it.  Once I click Tools in WL, I don't have the option of clicking Device. It only shows Device Info with no other options. (see attachment). As JohnD mentioned, I do recall sometime in the distant past setting rain year on the console but for the life of me I cannot find this setting again. The other thing I recall is that setting the rain year did not change the the way the data sheet is displayed. At any rate sure would be nice if I could do this through WL or the console. Thanks!!!

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2021, 03:48:26 AM »
First an apology: You did say in your first post that you were (now) using a WLL unit and for some bizarre reason I didn't spot that! So my previous post was irrelevant.

But, as it turns out, my previous reply perhaps was inadvertently relevant. I can't make out from your comment 'My data logger went south so I got a new one and trying to configure it' whether you've now got a WLL to replace the old USB logger or simply bought a new USB logger?

So there seem to be two possible scenarios:

1. You're still trying to use Weatherlink for Mac software, but that configuration cannot receive data from a WLL unit - it has to be from a USB (or serial) logger.

2. You haven't configured your weatherlink.com account to receive data from a WLL unit. You'll only see the screens that TraderGary showed if you have the WLL uploading. Uploads via eg Weatherlink for Mac will show a simplified set of screens, which won't include the option .

I'm guessing that your WL for Mac is actually not receiving any data at present?
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline max hammer

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2021, 10:33:32 PM »
Thanks for the help. I'm afraid I'm stuck. I'm using a 12 year old Vantage Vue with USB data logger. I don't have an option to use WLL at the terminal end although I do have a station on WLL that receives data through my console and internet connection. I think I'll just let it go for now. Its not that big a deal really. Thanks everyone again!

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2021, 12:10:58 AM »

Thanks for the help. I'm afraid I'm stuck. I'm using a 12 year old Vantage Vue with USB data logger. I don't have an option to use WLL at the terminal end although I do have a station on WLL that receives data through my console and internet connection. I think I'll just let it go for now. Its not that big a deal really. Thanks everyone again!

Still a bit of confusion...
I presume when you say "I have a station on WLL that receives data through the console and internet connection" you mean you have a station on Weatherlink.com (WL.com).  WLL (Weatherlink Live) is a totally separate independent datalogger that does not use a console, and is capable of sending data to Weatherlink.com
[/size]
You can have both a console with USB datalogger
[size=78%],[/size][/font][/size] and a Weatherlink Live unit, and both can receive the same data from your outside ISS station.  The console with USB datalogger is wired to your computer and from which you can run Weatherlink program, and the Weatherlink Live is wireless to your router and then send the data to Weatherlink.com.  [size=78%]

[/size]Enjoy,[size=78%]
[/size]Paul[size=78%]

Offline max hammer

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2021, 11:44:39 PM »
Yes you are correct. I did not know that WLL was a standalone product, so obviously I do not have one. Thanks!

anything