Author Topic: Barometer & Forcast never changes on my 5 in 1?  (Read 370 times)

Offline NoNameJoe

Barometer & Forcast never changes on my 5 in 1?
« on: April 24, 2020, 02:43:26 PM »
I got a 5 in 1 station for Christmas and set it up on January 3rd, 2020
Everything appears OK except the barometer and forecast display.
My barometer reading has read 29.89 (on the station, not the web dashboard or Wunderground) and has never changed from a Rain forcast.
There is no chance of rain whatsoever where I live and the fact that the barometer reading has never changed makes me think it's defective.
The weird part is that the sensor barometer is changing fine - When I look at the the readings on the MyAcurite website and my sensor on Wunderground it's always different. So It seems to be working on the sensor and getting pushed through, but on the phyical display on my desk, it's broken or something.

The biggest disappointment is the forcast - It never changes from rain - It did the whole "33 Calibration" thing and it just doesn't work. Can I trigger the calibration again somehow? It doesn't mention it in the manual.

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
Re: Barometer & Forcast never changes on my 5 in 1?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 04:16:54 PM »
Did you get the standard 5-1 system or the new 5-1 WiFi system ? What display are you using ? On the old 5-1 displays if you unplug them and pull the batteries they restart the 14 day forecast mode .  Now for the  pressure here's a article from acurite you can read . If that doesn't work I would use the " chat " feature on there website to get a new display  . Chat seems to work the best !! https://support.acurite.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007680394-Inaccurate-Barometric-Pressure

From the article : If the display has been powered on for 33 days and has not been reset within the learning mode, perform a factory reset of the display. Most displays will have a reset button located in the battery compartment. If the display does not include the reset button feature, remove the batteries and/or power adapter for 2 minutes to reset the display.

anything