Author Topic: Wunderground Map  (Read 1948 times)

Offline Lowgill_Weather

Wunderground Map
« on: January 03, 2021, 06:42:13 AM »
Am I going daft or has wunderground had another downgrade?
I used to click (probably double click) a station on the wunderground map and I could look at the detailed records for that station. Now all that happens is the map zooms and doesn't open the station.
I was trying it to check if webcams were updating as mine isn't.

Offline TraderGary

• Stock Market Wizard
  • Forecaster
  • Amateur Radio W9VJ
Re: Wunderground Map
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 06:55:10 AM »
My Wunderground Map is set to display temperature.
I can click on any temperature and it displays the station and all its data.
It's still working here like it always did.
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus 6163 (Wireless) | Davis WeatherLink Live 6100 | Meteobridge Pro
WeatherLink | WundergroundCWOPAWEKASWindy

Offline Lowgill_Weather

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 07:21:45 AM »
Thanks for that, I'll have to investigate further. Not related to disabling Flash by any chance?

Offline Lowgill_Weather

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 03:17:21 AM »
I have realised the small map that is part of the station display works it is just the main wunderground map that doesn't.

Can't make webcam work whatever I do. In desperation deleted and re-created now I have a summary that says no associated webcam and my devices that says I have one but it is offline. Support seems to have disappeared completely, I've only ever had a reply from one name, perhaps she's given up and left.

Are there any other similar sites where you can display your data preferably with a webcam?

Offline TraderGary

• Stock Market Wizard
  • Forecaster
  • Amateur Radio W9VJ
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 04:13:46 AM »
I have realised the small map that is part of the station display works it is just the main wunderground map that doesn't.

Can't make webcam work whatever I do. In desperation deleted and re-created now I have a summary that says no associated webcam and my devices that says I have one but it is offline. Support seems to have disappeared completely, I've only ever had a reply from one name, perhaps she's given up and left.

Are there any other similar sites where you can display your data preferably with a webcam?

Your main Wunderground map works just fine here. Understand that its blank until you click on the options to display stations and then choose whether to display temperature, etc.

Everyone seems to have problems getting the Wunderground webcam to work. I have yet to purchase a webcam to give it a try.
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus 6163 (Wireless) | Davis WeatherLink Live 6100 | Meteobridge Pro

Offline Lowgill_Weather

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2021, 05:08:02 AM »
I select my preferences to show the stations but they don't load. Save preferences doesn't work either, does that work for you?

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2021, 06:29:46 AM »

I've not seen that big map work in quite some time.

Offline jimi

• Contributor
    • Well Road Weather
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2021, 08:10:42 PM »
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Offline TraderGary

• Stock Market Wizard
  • Forecaster
  • Amateur Radio W9VJ
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2021, 12:07:03 AM »
I select my preferences to show the stations but they don't load. Save preferences doesn't work either, does that work for you?

Save preferences doesn't work here, but the large map works just fine and always has.

Offline wicher

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2021, 06:02:43 PM »
My Wunderground Map is set to display temperature.
I can click on any temperature and it displays the station and all its data.
It's still working here like it always did.
It doesn't work in Europe.
Lowgill_Weather is from the UK !.
In Europe it is as it says " Now all that happens is the map zooms and doesn't open the station"

PS. From today (8/7/21) clicking on a station on the wunderground map and you can view detailed records for that station
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 04:37:16 PM by wicher »

Offline Lowgill_Weather

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2021, 04:26:23 AM »
My wunderground account has now gone completely useless. When I try to access my data it says I am offline, when I check my devices it says I'm online. Logged out and in to no avail. As usual nothing from support, do they exist? Wondered if it was really wu or my network. Registered with PWSWeather and my data showed up immediately which suggests my network is just fine. I'll miss my historical data but at least it works and I got an answer in under 24 hours to a question I asked! https://www.pwsweather.com/station/pws/LOWGILL

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2021, 10:04:30 AM »
@Lowlill_Weather, your WU station shows regular data until July 20 and then stopped.  Before then all looks good except for a couple of brief interruptions.
Anything changed on July 20?

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2021, 11:24:16 AM »
One of the gerbils controlling a server died at WU.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline wicher

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2021, 04:26:40 PM »
@Lowlill_Weather, your WU station shows regular data until July 20 and then stopped.  Before then all looks good except for a couple of brief interruptions.
Here https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IPOCKCOU2/graph/2021-07-20/2021-07-20/daily is the same WS-1001-WiFi station.
It also stopped on 07/20/2021 at a similar time (time zone + 1h).
Has WU disabled TLS 1.1 again?

Best regards

Offline Lowgill_Weather

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2021, 05:59:56 PM »
Is there a data manipulation thread on here somewhere or can somebody point me in the right direction?

I am so fed up with the instability and lack of support of wunderground I think I'm going to stay with PWSWeather but what I will miss is having my historical data in the same place although I can still see it on wunderground.

I have exchanged emails with both my station supplier and PWSWeather. Greenfrog Scientific who sell the Aercus Weather Ranger (which I believe is a re-badged Ambient Weather WS-10001) say "Both WU and PWS accept weather using the same simple command. You cannot connect to both at once, however both do allow download of data. With a little programming, you could probably set up some sort of download-upload, but I am not aware of a tool to automate that".
PWSWeather say "If your software or device can "backfill" data to PWSweather.com it is possible to provide past data.  Also some people have written their own scripts and programs to do this".

I am not a programmer just a system user but I know people who are so I am looking for pointers as to how to download data from wunderground then upload it to PWS. Any ideas please?

anything