Weather Station Hardware > AcuRite Weather Stations

Changing from my current Acurite display to two options...

<< < (2/2)

MarkHarris71:
Ok so this came from Acurite
"The Dark Sky API will be ending at the end of 2021, which is used for the My AcuRite forecast and some additional AcuRite products. We are working diligently on investigating our options, and are focused on ensuring that service for all our products continues regardless of a transition."

worachj:
Thanks for contacting them!

Its bothersome they’re still stating Dark Sky forecast in their product descriptions knowing farewell its ending at the end of 2021.

That new display I just purchase better not stop giving web-based forecasts. That’s the exact reason it was purchased for. I guess that’s why it was on sale last week.

Not having a very warm and fuzzy feeling about this.

MarkHarris71:

--- Quote from: worachj on May 10, 2021, 08:48:38 PM ---Thanks for contacting them!

Its bothersome they’re still stating Dark Sky forecast in their product descriptions knowing farewell its ending at the end of 2021.

That new display I just purchase better not stop giving web-based forecasts. That’s the exact reason it was purchased for. I guess that’s why it was on sale last week.

--- End quote ---
Yeah it sure does not look good at all that they still have that listed when they know is not going to last much longer and not having a solution yet figured  out at this point.

vreihen:

--- Quote from: worachj on May 10, 2021, 08:48:38 PM ---That new display I just purchase better not stop giving web-based forecasts. That’s the exact reason it was purchased for. I guess that’s why it was on sale last week.

--- End quote ---

Has anyone seen evidence that AcuRite has the ability to remotely update the firmware in their Internet-connected consoles?

Does anyone know if these consoles connect directly to DarkSky for data, or do they connect to a server at the Chaney mothership and grab forecast data from there?

Given AcuRite's past history with making paperweights out of everyone's network bridges, I would not have warm and fuzzy feelings about anything they do at this point.....

worachj:

--- Quote from: vreihen on May 11, 2021, 07:44:52 AM ---
Has anyone seen evidence that AcuRite has the ability to remotely update the firmware in their Internet-connected consoles?

Does anyone know if these consoles connect directly to DarkSky for data, or do they connect to a server at the Chaney mothership and grab forecast data from there?

--- End quote ---
Those are both great questions. Wish someone like nincehelser was still around who seemed to know everything to give us an answer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version