Author Topic: PWSweather date and time upload format supports "now"  (Read 3288 times)

Offline jwreynoldson

PWSweather date and time upload format supports "now"
« on: April 03, 2019, 01:09:37 AM »
Just a heads up for anyone else whose homebuilt station is real time clock challenged...

The pwsweather  observation upload  http GET format for "&dateutc=" now supports "now" as s ubstitute for the specific date/time (YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss) format, and will date stamp the observation for you.  (compatible with the Weather Underground inplementation)

Thanks, pwsweather developers.  I was able to port my station (now reporting to both) simply by changing the host web address and php link.

JR    PWS: BALNARR2  WU:IBALNARR2, IFLINDER3
(PS: my previous workaround was to query pwsweather before uploading and ask it what it thought the time and date was)

Offline bohemian

Re: PWSweather date and time upload format supports "now"
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 12:45:51 PM »
Oddly enough, I seem to be having an issue with this. If I use dateutc=now, calls to PWSweather.com come back with the message:

ERROR: Missing required parameter dateutc

So maybe something has changed since the OP tried this.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 12:47:23 PM by bohemian »

Offline jwreynoldson

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 03:55:44 PM »
I've just checked, and my station which uses this option is currently reporting successfully.

Offline bohemian

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 04:47:36 PM »
I've just checked, and my station which uses this option is currently reporting successfully.

Thanks for checking.

It's still not working for me but I think it just gives that error message, even though that is quite possibly not the error. I sent a dummy call with completely bogus creds and got exactly the same message.

This is a swine to debug ...

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 05:43:30 PM »
There are two choices of path to upload to PWSweather. Maybe one path accepts dateutc=now and the other doesn't?

Path choices:
/pwsupdate/pwsupdate.php?
/weatherstation/updateweatherstation.php?

Well if you include the different domains there are actually even more choices. You can see results of my testing in the following post:
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=39535.0

« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 05:45:53 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline jwreynoldson

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 05:52:29 PM »
I'm using
successfully.

There are two choices of path to upload to PWSweather. Maybe one path accepts dateutc=now and the other doesn't?

Path choices:

Well if you include the different domains there are actually even more choices. You can see results of my testing in the following post:

Offline bohemian

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 06:18:26 PM »
I'm using
successfully.

Path choices:

Yeah, I am using the same endpoint as you. I still think is authentication related.

What's even more mysterious is mention of an API key of the PWSWeather 'Dashboard Page". The language there says:

Use this unique key when posting data to the PWSWeather API from your weather station software. You can generate a new key, but you must also update the key used when posting data to the API.

But the actual API is not referenced and use of an API key is not consistent with the WU format.