Author Topic: Spring/Summer 2024  (Read 510 times)

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
Spring/Summer 2024
« on: March 14, 2024, 03:07:30 AM »
It will soon be the first day of Spring on the calendar, so time to start a change to new time of year weather thread.
Spring/Summer 2024

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
Re: Spring/Summer 2024
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 08:56:40 PM »
This is why I  have felt like crap this week.

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 09:32:31 PM »
This anomalous beauty may give us more rain in a couple of days than we average in March and April combined. Been a good calendar year for rain so far, but ready for it to warm up as it drops into the 50's after the midday FROPA on Sunday. Not only, there's more progged, as we get another shot later in the week.  :shock:

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=continental-w_conus-09-24-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=data

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2024, 06:06:14 PM »
Here it is, midday, April 1st, and it's 52F. Average, 80F. Also have had 0.66" of rain, creeping up on March and April rain average of 0.80" combined. Can't say I've seen this before here. No surprise, SPC has a 'moderate' risk for today and tomorrow from this little gem.

Offline hofpwx

• HyView Boulder weather
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2024, 04:04:34 PM »
A large part of Boulder County, Colorado and some surrounding areas are expected to have Xcel Energy do a preemptive power shutdown at 3pm MDT until at least noon tomorrow.

Expecting gusts in the 80mph-100mph range especially overnight. After the Marshall Fire in Dec 2021, everyone is being super cautious, and rightfully so.

Unfortunately, that means my station goes offline and I won't know what gusts I'm getting until power comes back and it syncs.

Offline DRoberts

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2024, 05:40:37 PM »
Phillips County, KS...I have a Davis VP2 with anemometer mounted 22 feet and great southern exposure. Just recorded 67 and 71 mph southerly gusts. Been sustained in the 30-40 mph range. RH 14%, pressure falling 29.25". Visibility was down to 1/8th mile for a short period due to blowing dust. Forecast is another 12 hrs of this.

Offline N0NB

• Amateur weather observer
  • Contributor
    • N0NB.us
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2024, 08:25:44 PM »
Yuck!  I guess I won't complain too much being 150 miles east of you.  My weather station sits in a bit of valley with open area from the east to the west but the anemometer is about seven feet above the ground.  There are hay bales and various pieces of farm equipment around.  My peak wind guest was 47 MPH at 5:47 PM while the local airport at Marysville reported a peak of 49 MPH during that same period.  Reasonably close.

Had a lot of smoke from a large fire that was in northern Riley county and then got into southern Marshall.  I think all of the fire departments got paged out as it was reported south of the Valley Heights school between Blue Rapids and Waterville, KS.  Right now the wind is SW at about 5 to 10 MPH.  Plus we received 0.40" of desperately needed rain.

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2024, 03:28:50 PM »
A large part of Boulder County, Colorado and some surrounding areas are expected to have Xcel Energy do a preemptive power shutdown at 3pm MDT until at least noon tomorrow.

Expecting gusts in the 80mph-100mph range especially overnight. After the Marshall Fire in Dec 2021, everyone is being super cautious, and rightfully so.

Unfortunately, that means my station goes offline and I won't know what gusts I'm getting until power comes back and it syncs.

I was reading about that this morning. Hope everything goes well for you.

Offline hofpwx

• HyView Boulder weather
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2024, 01:27:08 PM »

I was reading about that this morning. Hope everything goes well for you.

I did get power cut off for about 27 hours but no big deal. Boredom, mainly!