Author Topic: HOW to register/activate my new system blue??  (Read 3826 times)

Offline N0BGS

HOW to register/activate my new system blue??
« on: April 20, 2017, 04:48:44 PM »
OK, so I spent HOURS last night trying to find the answer to what must be a very simple question--but no joy. Extremely frustrating. Surely this must be prominently posted in multiple locations in a FAQ but I can't find it. WHY is this so hard to find? Yep, read through all the system red and blue docs--not there. Searched the blitz forums--nope.

So please someone, exactly how and where do you add a new system blue to the blitz network?

I would think here: http://en.blitzortung.org/login.php (just wild guessing) but when I enter my blitzortung.org forum username and pw it tells me that it is wrong. If I enter a different email address (more wild guessing) and enter the ID of my system blue from the detectors web interface the page just blinks at me and goes back to the login.  ](*,) Same result no matter what browser I use.

Help?

Thanks,

--Kurt

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
Re: HOW to register/activate my new system blue??
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 05:52:02 PM »
ref http://en.blitzortung.org/forum.php]http://en.blitzortung.org/forum.php
http://forum.blitzortung.org/showthread.php?tid=1656&pid=13652&highlight=register#pid13652
"Go to the status page of your controller, make a note of the "Device ID:" under "Controller / CPU". Log into the forums or remain so, go to the site login page top right and enter your existing user name into the "New Username" field and the code found above into the box marked "Register Code". This will create a site user, register your controller and connect your forum username with site username.

Once logged into the site you can update the information about your set up, aerial type(s), which channel has what aerial etc. On the site Input 0 is Ch1A, Input 1 Ch1B etc and dimensions are in mm. "

Now, you access your controller locally: http://192.168.1.235 -- unless you've diddled with it...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 06:24:56 PM by Cutty Sark Sailor »

Offline N0BGS

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 05:59:57 PM »
Cutty:

Thanks very much but I still don't find that info at the URL you referenced. Isn't this information in a sticky somewhere?

I have no problem getting to the detectors web interface--I just can't get a station ID, etc.

--K

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 06:04:34 PM »
my bad,... bad link.. anyway, re-read that post and look at the attachment I just added.

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 06:15:00 PM »

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 06:35:53 PM »
If none of that's working for you, try the original instructions
From the 'Cover Your Area Page" at blitzortung, "Assembly instructions for system blue":
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KzPZJW0ErInFtfTCmhNhSZTOpg6N2bgZDyIxkh_DRVs/pub?1492727441
3 Setting up an Account for Blitzortung.org

On the web page of the internal web server you find a link to request an account for Blitzortung.org. Follow the instructions in the email you will receive. The account is associated with your email address.
If you got an account, you also got a user number. We differ between user and station numbers. A user may have none, only one, or several stations. You can assign a station to a user account as follows.
Enter your username or email and your password on the login page of Blitzortung.org. After a successful login you are on the "Project Area -> User data" page. Here you can complete the information about you and your stations.
http://www.blitzortung.org/login.php
In the line "Assign a new station: (Processor ID)" enter the processor ID of your station. You find the processor ID of your station on the web page of the station under processor information.

This applies to folks who DON't have a previous station account... and I think it was updated to the newer instructions I posted below.  I think that link for new account was on the upper right of the controller's web GUI... never did that since I was previous account.. so I don't remember.  ](*,)

Offline N0BGS

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 08:48:11 PM »
"...on "the" web page, eh? LoL.

Unfortunately I can find no such link on any of the web interface pages. The only one is seen circled in the graphic.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Again, I truly appreciate the help but none of this is working.  I see you also replied to my post in the blitzortung.org forums.

I am a sysadmin and network engineer in my professional life. If I can't figure this out what are the odds of a "normal" person doing so? 

Once I do have it figured out I'm going to do a step-by-step write up and post it in the forums so no one else has to go through this nonsense.

--K

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 08:37:57 AM »
The controller interface is not what Cutty is referring to. It is on the Bllitzortung web site. I have clicked the links that Cutty posted and I land in the exact right place. You should be seeing a screen containing (with entry boxes adjacent to each item):

Database information:
User number:    ###
User name:    YourUser
New password:    
New password (verification):    
Name:    
Email:    
(http://)

City:    
Anonym:    
Assign a new station:
(Processor-ID)

You cannot add this information via the controller interface. Your comment "Unfortunately I can find no such link on any of the web interface pages. The only one is seen circled in the graphic." have me thinking that you are trying to do this from the controller interface page, not the Blitzortung site itself. If I remember correctly, I just copied and pasted the processor ID from the controller GUI page into the form on Blitzortung.org.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline N0BGS

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 11:23:34 AM »
The controller interface is not what Cutty is referring to. It is on the Bllitzortung web site. I have clicked the links that Cutty posted and I land in the exact right place. You should be seeing a screen containing (with entry boxes adjacent to each item):

Database information:
User number:    ###
User name:    YourUser
New password:    
New password (verification):    
Name:    
Email:    
(http://)

City:    
Anonym:    
Assign a new station:
(Processor-ID)

You cannot add this information via the controller interface. Your comment "Unfortunately I can find no such link on any of the web interface pages. The only one is seen circled in the graphic." have me thinking that you are trying to do this from the controller interface page, not the Blitzortung site itself. If I remember correctly, I just copied and pasted the processor ID from the controller GUI page into the form on Blitzortung.org.

Greg H.

Greg:

Yes, that is exactly what I was trying to do since all the posts I could find seemed to indicate that there should be a link somewhere on the controllers web interface.

Which link that Cutty posted are you referring to?  I only see this one: http://www.blitzortung.org/login.php which does not give me the page you describe.

Thanks.

--Kurt

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 11:25:50 AM »
I only see this one: http://www.blitzortung.org/login.php which does not give me the page you describe.

That is the page. Egon, et al, gave you a user ID, password and user number?

Greg H.

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 11:35:23 AM »
One of the earlier versions and firmware, if I recall correctly, had a link which appeared on the controller GUI that directed the new operator to an add station setup on Blitzortung. that's actually what I was referring to in a latter posting... The newer procedure is what Kurt is attempting...
Long ago, we had to 'email' to get an operator ID, etc... before even beginning, remember?
the current set-up apparently is working for folks, but for some reason Kurt is unable to have the server complete his request.... I couldn't get it to work for me, using his data, either... so there's some quirk, and hopefully Kurt has inquired with Egon, and will receive a response soon... the BT page simply showed no response to the inputs when I attempted.

Offline N0BGS

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 12:25:29 PM »
Cutty:

Exactly! I have in fact now received my credentials and password directly from Egon. But how he did it I have no idea. Obviously, this is not the way this should work.

My goal here is not just to complain but to find out exactly what the correct steps are so I can do a write-up and hopefully prevent others from having to go through this pain.

--Kurt

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2017, 12:54:56 PM »
Fantastic!   This would be a great time for clarification!  Do it!  That's how this thing works!
Somebody finds something screwy, tracks it, reports it. Things get better.

Actually, very few folks have had any issue.... .  Us old timers aren't aware of some of a new change, since we're not always starting up a New User, but simply adding a station... it may be that that link tells a new user to request id by email... we don't see such when we add a station to an existing account.

Now, if we look at the current documentation, at http://en.blitzortung.org/cover_your_area.php
 Assembly Instructions System Blue - (under development)
Which refers to the link I mentioned above in the Web GUI...
"Setting Up an Account"

If this has changed, they haven't updated the doc, but I suspect this was what was supposed to happen...  so I dunno...

Did Egon offer any clarification or comment in his response to you?

Offline N0BGS

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2017, 02:01:27 PM »
This is what is says in the documentation at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KzPZJW0ErInFtfTCmhNhSZTOpg6N2bgZDyIxkh_DRVs/pub?1492792817#h.hzr2zeu9w3v2

3. Setting up an Account for Blitzortung.org

On the web page of the internal web server you find a link to request an account for Blitzortung.org. Follow the instructions in the email you will receive. The account is associated with your email address.

If you got an account, you also got a user number. We differ between user and station numbers. A user may have none, only one, or several stations. You can assign a station to a user account as follows.

WHAT is the "internal web server?" I took that to mean the web interface of the controller but that is not the case so what does that mean exactly? When describing web pages there MUST be a link to the URL or the reference is ambiguous

Did Egon offer any clarification or comment in his response to you?

No, he just told me he had done it and sent me a link to register on lightningmaps.org which was very nice but I still don't know how to do it myself.

--K

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2017, 04:34:11 PM »
Long ago, we had to 'email' to get an operator ID, etc... before even beginning, remember?

I thought that was still the process. I have been doing Blitzortung "Since Dinosaurs Walked the Earth" (at least in the US), so it's not something that I have needed to get involved with. The adding of processor ID after you have the account and user number was simple enough, but Kurt had to get to "Step One" first however that happens now.

Greg H.

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2017, 06:40:11 PM »
WHAT is the "internal web server?" I took that to mean the web interface of the controller but that is not the case so what does that mean exactly?

I'm guessing that's something that got fuddled up in translation meaning the 'internal server' they host the website on.

Offline enjasa

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2017, 03:52:44 AM »
Buenos dias. No consigo entrar ni registrar mi sistema Azul. Esto ocasiona el que no pueda identificar mi estación ni asignarla la ciudad, pais, elementos de estación, etc. :roll:

anything