Author Topic: PWS to help with Astrophotography  (Read 1015 times)

Offline wrz0170

PWS to help with Astrophotography
« on: December 13, 2017, 12:05:15 PM »
Hi everyone!

As the subject suggests, I’m looking to put together my first PWS to help with my Astrophotography endeavors.   Primarily, the uses would be to assist with temperature, dew, wind (shaky scope makes for bad pics) and generally help me through a session.  I have some apps to help with cloud coverage etc, but sometimes I feel having eyes on the ground would go a long way as the apps have been wrong many times.  Secondary would be to just have fun with it.  Like Wunderground and such and exploring other avenues I’ve never considered.

Research appears to be pointing to Davis products. But not sure which one? Which add on components would be beneficial, etc.  I do get a chuckle on the Miami Vice era console  :grin:
Is Davis the way to go?

I live in Reno, NV so no shade and lots of sun.  My roof is tile and I have a relatively modest yard.  With regards to placement,  is the ISS (believe that is the term for sensor group) separate from the anemometer?  My other consideration is not sending my HOA goblins into a frenzy because I have something sticking out way in the air.

Bottom line, something that won’t break the bank, modular, but good enough where I can trust to help with planning a photo session. 

Thanks!

William

anything