Author Topic: Irregular updates ?  (Read 1977 times)

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
Irregular updates ?
« on: October 08, 2019, 03:17:49 PM »
Over the last couple of day's Ive noticed WU has been updating at irregular update times . It's happening ever hour or so .  Yesterday it wasn't updating for 20 to 30 minutes and then would start updating at 10 seconds again . Today it's done this 3 times already and as of now my stations and all the ones around me havens updated for 10 minutes . Maybe a server problem or maybe a lack of server space .

Has anyone else noticed this ? And yes I looked at all stations in my area not just mine .  Mine shows GREEN Online(updated 10 minutes ago) as of now . Station closest to me shows GREEN Online(updated 11 minutes ago) .

Offline Eguraldia

Re: Irregular updates ?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 03:42:01 PM »
Yes,I have the same problem here last days... :roll: I use MeteoBridge in 8 diferents Weather Networks  without a problem,just in wunderground.
Live data in MeteoBridge..everything OK,including wunder...

Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus 6163 (Wireless)

Meteobridge

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 06:00:02 PM »
Similar problem here with an Atlas using an Access to send to WU.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 06:37:02 PM »
Similar problem here with an Atlas using an Access to send to WU.

I'm using the same thing and I keep checking the Access splash page just to make sure it wasn't me . So far it's done it twice more since I posted this thread . Makes one wonder what the ( cuss word ) going on at WU !!!

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 08:33:32 PM »
It's not you, it's WU.

Mine said 15 minutes.

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2019, 09:21:52 PM »
Mines now up to 41 minutes since last readings update !!!

Offline Carbon

• Weather-Watcher
    • Gill MetPak Base Station PWS @ Myers Park
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2019, 04:03:45 PM »
Yes, it's happening right now as well. All stations around me, including mine, are a few minutes late and counting - all of which are rapid-fire. Wondering if it's actually a data ingest issue or a display issue (are the graphs populated later with the data anyway?)

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2019, 11:52:25 AM »
We are suppose to have very high winds today along with really low humidity and WU is updating very irregular today again . Just had to wait  20 minute for the updates to start again .   Not cool WU not cool at all !!! Sure wish someone at WU would kick the server and reset the system so rapid fire  updates would work again .
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 12:00:20 PM by Mabcmb »

Offline AlanD96

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2019, 03:57:31 PM »
Well this is interesting.

When I looked at the Weather.com weather map and clicked on "temperature" where the data from all our weather stations pop in, the temps were up to date, where at the same time the temps and other information on the Weather Underground map was still delayed by over half an hour.   

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2019, 04:25:10 PM »
As of now my station is showing no info at all !!!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline WheelinDealin

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2019, 04:28:12 PM »
My WU page has been acting strange all day. Sometimes it shows no info at all.

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KCAFALLB91#history

Offline AlanD96

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2019, 04:29:44 PM »
My page now says my information was updated 20 years ago.  I'm sure an update every twenty years would be acceptable.  I can't wait until 2039 when it updates again.

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2019, 04:35:14 PM »
My page now says my information was updated 20 years ago.  I'm sure an update every twenty years would be acceptable.  I can't wait until 2039 when it updates again.

Mine has now come back online and immediately stopped updating . Now shows Online(updated 11 minutes ago) !!

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2019, 05:29:20 PM »
Maybe we're watching the final, sputtering, death throws of WU. Who knows, other than the people running it?  After all the hype of "new start" stuff it's been nothing but a debacle.  Maybe it is time for it to be put out of our misery.
If it's not a Boerboel it's just a dog.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2019, 05:44:13 PM »
Maybe we're watching the final, sputtering, death throws of WU. Who knows, other than the people running it?  After all the hype of "new start" stuff it's been nothing but a debacle.  Maybe it is time for it to be put out of our misery.
Who knows? One thing for sure, if I was to solely rely on WU to display my online data, I'd really be looking for something else. No telling when the proverbial other shoe may drop.

Offline Notsorusty

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2019, 06:23:04 PM »
I am thinking that one of the temp "programmers" has a wheel of their chair on a network cord pinching off the flow.
Station Name: Silver Creek II
Latitude / Longitude: 41.925° N, -87.872° W
Elevation: 633
City: Franklin Park
State: IL
Hardware: Ambient Weather WS-2902D

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2019, 12:27:42 PM »
Anyone noticing a pattern to these update slow downs?  It seems to me that it happens in the late morning and early afternoon, EDT.  Early morning, evening and night time seem to be "normal", but from around 11:00 to 15:00 or 16:00 it seems to get rather sporadic for no rhyme or reason.  Make me wonder if the "programmers" are working on things or if some maintenance process, or bottleneck, is involved.

Another anomaly I've noticed is sort of conflicting update times.  I just looked at my station and it said last update was 2 hours ago.  I did a refresh and it changed to 36 minutes ago.  This is really getting stupid and I ran out of popcorn back in July.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 12:30:08 PM by awsum140 »
If it's not a Boerboel it's just a dog.

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2019, 03:06:55 PM »
In my opinion it's gotten worst today .  Ive had the page open on one of my screens and it's gone to over a hour with no rapid fire updates . Then it will start and slowly update the page work it's way to updating ever 10 to 15 seconds for about a couple of minutes then boom doesn't update for 15 min  to 1 hour later . Plus when I refresh the page it's been signing me out . My unofficial opinion is WU is going down the crapper as we all look at it !!!   I just wish AcuRite would update there Access to send our info someplace else .

Offline Meteo Middelburg

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2019, 03:13:07 PM »
It looks at night its much more reliable...

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2019, 03:51:56 PM »
Don't want to say this to loud but Ive gone 40 minutes with WU updating properly !!!   \:D/ =D>

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2019, 06:19:47 PM »
Don't want to say this to loud but Ive gone 40 minutes with WU updating properly !!!   \:D/ =D>
Still working perfect , I'm getting scared !! Are they teasing us ? Did they fix the problem ? Or have I landed in the Twilight Zone  :shock: :shock: :shock:  ????

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2019, 06:37:15 PM »
Still working perfect , I'm getting scared !! Are they teasing us ? Did they fix the problem ? Or have I landed in the Twilight Zone  :shock: :shock: :shock:  ????
I'm really begining to wonder if WU (based in SFO) and the NWS Western Region headquarters (SLC) use the same sever, at least where this is concerned. The reason I say so is I've been going back and forth with the NWS SLC because the "local wx observations" have not been updating properly for several weeks, in this region only....but is now, at the moment. This is what the IT guru has told me just recent....

"We're dependent on this data from another source.  If the source is falling behind, then the data appears old on our page.

Another here....

"Also, something that may be important to you, we're working on transitioning these pages to a new data source that is not depended on our network connection.  I'll let you know when that transition happens."

May be complete coincidence, may not.

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2019, 01:52:21 PM »
I have no idea how but thanks WU for solving this problem !! Case closed ( as of now ) .

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2019, 03:22:00 PM »
I have no idea how but thanks WU for solving this problem !! Case closed ( as of now ) .
Not sure I'd thank WU, but my NWS page has continued to update properly as well. Perhaps they do have something in common.

Offline WVZR-1

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2019, 10:38:52 AM »
My RainWise IP100 shows 'online' last updated 20 years. Seems to have quit updating yesterday 10/22 @ 10:30AM EDT. Rainwise.net is working as expected.

WU said check for 'critters' !!! Is WU the actual 'CRITTER'?

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KWVCHARL16/graph/2019-10-22/2019-10-22/daily

******Appears to have been functional today for 20 minutes +/-

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KWVCHARL16/graph/2019-10-23/2019-10-23/daily

Any ideas or any communications with WU regarding the IP100 and Rainwise?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 04:32:44 PM by WVZR-1 »