Author Topic: wxdrought  (Read 3270 times)

Offline donj51

• Garner Weather
  • wind power, runner, weather
    • www.donj51.com
wxdrought
« on: December 23, 2012, 05:30:24 AM »
Seems that the wxdrought.php script stopped updating on 12/18.

Edit.
:oops: Found my issue....
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 07:21:41 AM by donj51 »

Offline McLouthWX

• Jefferson County Weather Live
Re: wxdrought
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 07:26:06 AM »
Seems that the wxdrought.php script stopped updating on 12/18.

That seems to be the latest image from http://www.droughtmonitor.unl.edu/monitor.html
If you aren't confused, then you weren't paying attention.

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 10:37:50 PM »
Is the wxdrought.php routine available for general use? I can find sites that are running it but not the source site. I also don't see it listed anywhere in this forum.

If anyone has a link, please post it here. Thanks!

Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 10:24:51 AM »
There are three different scripts in the attached zip file.  Wxdrought2.php just displays the CPC's Long Term Drought Indicator Map.  Wxdroughtmongif12.php displays the past 6 week, the past 12 week, and the past 12 month drought history via gif animations.  Wxdrought3.php contains the CPC's home page graphics display with mouseovers and links.  I just created the last one this morning.  All three currently validate at validator.w3c.org.  My preference is for links to open in new tabs, and I've constructed wxdrought3.php along those lines.

The scripts are intended for use in the SaratogaWx templates.

Enjoy!

Edit 2017 April 19:  Zip removed.  Current individual scripts are obtainable using '?sce=view' then 'Save as...' as my preferred method of distribution.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 08:57:09 AM by gwwilk »
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 12:31:05 PM »
Thanks Jerry! Will find some time and try them out in a day or two (have company arriving soon). I am using Ken's Saratoga template so that should make things a bit easier.

Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 07:18:29 AM »
Is the wxdrought.php routine available for general use? I can find sites that are running it but not the source site. I also don't see it listed anywhere in this forum.

The script 'wxdrought.php' appeared first here, I think.  Is this the script you're referencing?
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 04:07:22 PM »

The script 'wxdrought.php' appeared first here, I think.  Is this the script you're referencing?

I have seen the drought monitor webpages previously but this was the first I was aware of someone putting together a php page that incorporated the drought pages into the templates many of us are using. I searched here, but not on the WD forum. Thus, the reason for my question. Thanks again for the info. I will be working on it after the new year once my company leaves.

Perhaps this script should be placed in the list that Ken has at the top of this group forum (Where are the scripts?) so others can find it too...

« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 04:10:51 PM by W3DRM »

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 09:10:39 AM »
Several changes have occurred since the last update to some of these scripts.  Some of the url's have changed, the old script doesn't track the latest Drought Monitor Map, the CPC has experimentally filled the gap between the 8-14 day outlook and the 1 month outlook, and the CPC has added a Global Tropics Hazard Outlook.  I'm hoping that the Experimental 3-4 Week Outlook will be refined to match the appearance of the 6-14 Day and Monthly Outlooks.

Here is my modified CPC Outlook page, obtainable by using '?sce=view' and 'Save as...' after a right-click on the source.

The current version of the other two scripts may be similarly obtained by following this post's links.

Edit 2017 April 19 8:40am:  If anyone downloaded the CPC Outlook script over the past half-hour, the script has been modified to more closely resemble the CPC's Outlook Page.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 09:42:46 AM by gwwilk »
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline mikeym2m

• Senior Contributor
    • MikeyM's Thornhurst PA Weather
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 03:46:50 PM »
Thanks Jerry

Cheers

:-)

MikeyM

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2019, 03:05:07 PM »
The CPC has changed the Hazards Outlook by eliminating the 3-7 Day Hazards and breaking the 8-14 Day Hazards out into Temp, Precip, and Wind in addition to the Composite Hazards.

I've again modified my CPC Outlook and Drought Monitor Page in order to display these new graphics.

As usual, the modified script is available on my scripts page.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline mikeym2m

• Senior Contributor
    • MikeyM's Thornhurst PA Weather
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2019, 04:08:56 PM »
Jerry

As always THANKS!

[tup]

Cheers

:-)

MikeyM

Offline tmabell

• Forecaster
    • Mishawaka Weather
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2019, 09:16:40 AM »
This may already be common knowledge but the 3-7 Day Hazards outlook is still available: https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/threats/final/hazards_d3_7_contours.png

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2019, 10:35:53 AM »
This may already be common knowledge but the 3-7 Day Hazards outlook is still available: https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/threats/final/hazards_d3_7_contours.png
Great!  I'll get on it sometime soon.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2019, 11:03:06 AM »
Modified script up and running, and is available.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2019, 08:00:12 AM »
There was a bad link to the 3-7 day image in the scripts posted 2 days ago. :oops:  This has been corrected in the current zip.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2019, 11:46:38 AM »
Thanks for the update GWWilk.  I was able to add in my local state drought monitor to mine as well. 

I noticed you updated the "US & Terr. Ridge Radars" since I had implemented them.  But I noticed when you click on the drop down back to pick a different radar, the state names are basically unreadable.  Looks like tan on white or something.  It needs a different color.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2019, 12:34:44 PM »
Thanks for the update GWWilk.  I was able to add in my local state drought monitor to mine as well. 

I noticed you updated the "US & Terr. Ridge Radars" since I had implemented them.  But I noticed when you click on the drop down back to pick a different radar, the state names are basically unreadable.  Looks like tan on white or something.  It needs a different color.
I think you found the appropriate setting, because the dropdown is currently very legible on your site.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2019, 02:01:17 PM »
I just tested it in all the browsers I have.  It must be a FF setting.  IE, Edge, Chrome all look fine.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI