Author Topic: wunderground shows my online pws is offline  (Read 12360 times)

Offline nomadmot

« on: June 12, 2019, 06:58:39 PM »
We had a lightning strike last month that took my pws down for about a week. Now that it's running again, I can't get wunderground to take it out of offline status. I tried everything I could think of, including reentering the station id in ALL CAPS. My software indicates that the connection is running. I've also tried their contact form to summon help, but no reply at all.  Any help would be appreciated. The station id is KCOCRIPP8.

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 09:30:40 PM »
Have you tried to just create a new station ? A friend of mine was having the same problem 2 weeks ago and he ended making a new station but he had to also use a new e-mail to get it to work . Just a thought .  He was using Acurite software and could never get his old station back up after being down waiting on a new access hub .

EDIT something else I just remembered I had a problem last year logging in  and instead of my password for WU I had to use the " key " that WU provided me as the password .
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 09:40:59 PM by Mabcmb »

Offline aspexin91

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 09:41:10 AM »
Yes you definitely need to use the key that is associated with that station. If you don't have it just create a new station and keep the key in a safe place in case you need it again.

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 05:28:47 PM »

Offline nomadmot

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 10:17:19 AM »
Thanks for all the replies. I saw the new sign-on instructions and entered the station I’d in ALL CAPS along with the station key as instructed. I’ve tried re-entering several times now, but still no dice. I did consider setting up a new station, but would prefer a less drastic solution.

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 11:07:00 AM »
There are so many things malfunctioning on WU these days that there is little you can do except give up and go elsewhere or just accept it as the comedy of errors it is.  They may or may not fix it, and given the history here it is most likely going to be the latter.

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 12:11:26 PM »
Thanks for all the replies. I saw the new sign-on instructions and entered the station I’d in ALL CAPS along with the station key as instructed. I’ve tried re-entering several times now, but still no dice. I did consider setting up a new station, but would prefer a less drastic solution.

What hardware and software are you using? My Davis VP2 console running Weatherlink software doesn’t like lightning and frequently quits communicating with my computer during a storm. In my situation, I just reboot all of the hardware (computer, console and datalogger), unplug and plug back in my USB cable (between the datalogger and the computer), and that usually fixes the issue. If you are able to post to CWOP or other online sites it is clearly a WU issue. I got around the lightning issue affecting my uploads by installing the WiFi logger (discussed extensively elsewhere in this Forum) rather than using the Davis one—never an issue now!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 11:02:59 PM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

anything