Author Topic: WU - Let us know your issues  (Read 185057 times)

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: WU - Let us know your issues
« Reply #950 on: October 03, 2018, 05:17:12 PM »
Request for WU Android App PWS Barometer Fix

Please fix pressure for PWS in your Android app - It needs to show barometer pressure in hundredths not tenths using inHg. Not precise enough now. You have the data why are you cutting it off? This messes up mb conversion by a couple mb at times. This should be an easy fix. Just show inHg barometric pressure with two decimal places and that will fix the mb conversion. It shows up fine with two decimal places on the web, unfortunately not on the Android app.

Makes no sense how now WU has limited inHg to only show 3 digits (xx.x) but mb is kept at 5 digits (xxxx.x). Even when using inHg with 4 digits it is not as precise as mb with 5 digits which is why I prefer mb. This is why it is strange how WU has made an already poor unit of measurement even worse.

* mb = millibars = hpa

Since we are discussing units and significant number of digits the website could also use a little help here. On the website whenever the the pressure ends in .0 or even say .10 it cuts off the last 0. If a measurement was done to a certain level of precision then those zeros are important, they shouldn't be dropped. Because when it is dropped then one can assume that the level of precision isn't there. So 30.10 inHg is not the same thing as 30.1 inHg. Same thing happens in your graphs when you mouse over data. Please stop dropping significant zeros.

This barometric pressure issue is still not fixed on the Android app. But it was recently fixed on the website. It now correctly displays all significant digits. Thank you for fixing the website. Please don't forget about the Android app. On the app this fault causes conversion issues when displaying millibars (mb or hpa).

UPDATE: NOPE ....I spoke too soon. I saw it fixed for a minute and I saw 30.00 inHg ...but now I look and it is back to 30 inHg.....Arrrgh.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

UPDATE 2: And now I see it again as 30.00 inHg.  Why can't it show all significant digits all the time???

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 05:34:57 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline Delta5

« Reply #951 on: October 03, 2018, 07:31:28 PM »
Regarding the iOS log-in issue, I can confirm the issue appears fixed. Login successful on all my iOS devices. Thank you!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 02:46:04 PM by Delta5 »

Offline TxDm93

« Reply #952 on: October 03, 2018, 09:27:29 PM »
App appears to be working now but I still can't get my PWS issue resolved, just tried to send an email again and got the same error. :sad: ](*,)

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #953 on: October 03, 2018, 09:43:00 PM »
App appears to be working now but I still can't get my PWS issue resolved, just tried to send an email again and got the same error. :sad: ](*,)

Try sending WunderTodd a PM @ https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?action=emailuser;sa=email;msg=359975

Offline TxDm93

« Reply #954 on: October 03, 2018, 11:28:42 PM »

Try sending WunderTodd a PM @ https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?action=emailuser;sa=email;msg=359975

Thanks I sent him a message.

Offline clavius

« Reply #955 on: October 04, 2018, 11:59:19 AM »
Anyone know what happened to the WU PWS upload specification?   It used to be posted on the WU site below, but is gone now.
http://wiki.wunderground.com/index.php/PWS_-_Upload_Protocol

Steve
Raspberry Pi3 DIY
Weather Underground Station ID: KCAESCON201

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #956 on: October 04, 2018, 01:21:56 PM »
Anyone know what happened to the WU PWS upload specification?   It used to be posted on the WU site below, but is gone now.
http://wiki.wunderground.com/index.php/PWS_-_Upload_Protocol

Steve
Seeing you have a Raspberry Pi this page might be helpful:
https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/uploading-weather-data-to-weather-underground/6

Knowing how much has changed since the tomb raiders arrived, I'm not sure the HTML upload process still works. On a positive note, I haven't had to push data for quite a few months. I use a little Excel app I put together that pulls the details from MSSQL, formats the HTML strings, and ultimately walks the list and pushes the data to WU.

YMMV
Ror

Offline clavius

« Reply #957 on: October 04, 2018, 01:30:48 PM »
https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/uploading-weather-data-to-weather-underground/6

Knowing how much has changed since the tomb raiders arrived, I'm not sure the HTML upload process still works. On a positive note, I haven't had to push data for quite a few months. I use a little Excel app I put together that pulls the details from MSSQL, formats the HTML strings, and ultimately walks the list and pushes the data to WU.

YMMV
Ror
Yes, thanks. I followed the examples from RaspberryPi.org and my weather station is uploading to WU using HTTP GET commands.  But, I need to add "accumulated precipitation" data to my uploads which is not mentioned in the Pi examples. 

Apparently the entire WU Wiki has been lost, which includes the upload specification guide.

Raspberry Pi3 DIY
Weather Underground Station ID: KCAESCON201

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #958 on: October 04, 2018, 01:38:00 PM »

YMMV
Ror
Yes, thanks. I followed the examples from RaspberryPi.org and my weather station is uploading to WU using HTTP GET commands.  But, I need to add "accumulated precipitation" data to my uploads which is not mentioned in the Pi examples. 

Apparently the entire WU Wiki has been lost, which includes the upload specification guide.

For precip I am using ...'&rainin=#.##&dailyrainin=#.##'... where "#.##" is your current reading (0.00 is the default).

Edit: This page seems to provide all the necessary arguments (https://s.campbellsci.com/documents/us/miscellaneous/blog-resources/wunderground.dld)
Edit2: And digging deeper (https://feedback.weather.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2924682-pws-upload-protocol?b_id=17298)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 01:55:44 PM by rormeister »

Offline ANPweather

• Contributor
    • Anthem North Parkside, AZ
« Reply #959 on: October 04, 2018, 03:01:00 PM »
Many times when I go to check a daily video from my webcam, I get an error stating that the stream cannot be found. for instance Oct 1 and 3 play the video but Oct 2 gives the error.

Davis Vantage Vue, Davis Pro 2 Console with Wifi Logger
Weather Display software
WU: KAZNEWRI17
PWS: ANTHEMNP
CWOP: EW7526

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #960 on: October 04, 2018, 05:16:21 PM »

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
« Reply #961 on: October 05, 2018, 10:18:47 AM »
Tomorrow will be 2 minutes 5 seconds shorter

should this number be getting smaller as we go to  dec 22   ???  in  today forecast screen

Tomorrow will be 2 minutes 4 seconds shorter yep I think is working ok
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 10:38:52 AM by antstrafer »
Davis Vantage Pro2 plus     Meteobridge

CWOP FW5142    PWS THAI817    MADIS F5142
WU KTXTHALI2    AWEKAS           weatherobs

Offline quailvalleywx

« Reply #962 on: October 05, 2018, 08:13:29 PM »
I was looking at my webcam log and it looks like ftp server 54.148.11.142:21 is down again - for 3+ weeks since 9/13/2018.  Maybe disk full again?  The other 2 ftp servers are working fine.
WS-1400-IP, Galaxy S3 for cloud cam and Web Server
QV Website | Source Code | WU | WC | PWS | MesoWest/CWOP

Offline Keith Myers

• My Astrophotography photostream
« Reply #963 on: October 08, 2018, 01:30:14 PM »
I am a paid member to avoid the ads.  Now seeing the ads.  I logged out thinking that I needed to renew the login to remove the ads.  Now cannot login.  The login just comes back to the login page with no errors.  :-x
Thought I'd better join the community since I am getting a PWS tomorrow. The closest ones to my location have been very iffy in providing data to Weather Underground.  I need a WU station to provide my local weather conditions for my PVOutput.org solar generation monitoring.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #964 on: October 08, 2018, 02:05:08 PM »
Test from other computer or other browser, to see if it is problem with account or your computer.

In Chrome try holding down Control key and click Refresh. (forces full page reload while ignoring cache)

You can also try erasing browser cache.

Also make sure you aren't using a saved bookmark for logging in. Type out www.wunderground.com manually into browser address bar. Sometimes links change on websites and you may be using a non-working old link.

If that doesn't work try Forgot password reset.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 02:13:29 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #965 on: October 08, 2018, 02:18:16 PM »
Login issues are fixed. 

Offline boss281

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #966 on: October 09, 2018, 05:35:01 AM »
I haven't been seeing the 10 day forecast for two days.  Today and Hourly Forecast show up fine...
Weather Underground PWS KMDNEWWI3

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #967 on: October 09, 2018, 12:59:45 PM »
Link?

Have you tried incognito or clearing cookies?

I haven't been seeing the 10 day forecast for two days.  Today and Hourly Forecast show up fine...

Offline boss281

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #968 on: October 09, 2018, 01:01:16 PM »
Inexplicably it's working today - this is the link: https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/md/new-windsor/KMDNEWWI3?cm_ven=localwx_10day .

Thanks.

Offline boss281

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #969 on: October 09, 2018, 02:22:13 PM »
And now it's not again.

Offline jpage

« Reply #970 on: October 09, 2018, 06:29:44 PM »
I know that it's a lower priority than those with PWS issues, but is the " 'Missing Mapbox GL JS CSS' error" ever going to be corrected. 2 identical PCs, one has error and the other doesn't, so I have one on only for checking Wundermap.

Offline jpage

Re: WunderMap not working for several days
« Reply #971 on: October 09, 2018, 06:41:51 PM »
The WunderMap loads with a blank, light blue screen with all my Windows laptops and desktops.  The navigation/menu panel on the right loads fine. (running Chrome on Windows 7 at the moment, but same on Windows 10).  Interestingly, I've seen this several times on the Storm Android app, where a light blue background screen loads with no map, radar, etc showing.

Mine's been like that since June 18, was showing Missing Mapbox error, the error notice is gone but still just blue screen, identical PC hooked up right next to it has Wundermap working fine, and I have tried every fix or workaround, no joy.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 06:48:33 PM by jpage »

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
Re: WunderMap not working for several days
« Reply #972 on: October 09, 2018, 07:08:42 PM »
The WunderMap loads with a blank, light blue screen with all my Windows laptops and desktops.  The navigation/menu panel on the right loads fine. (running Chrome on Windows 7 at the moment, but same on Windows 10).  Interestingly, I've seen this several times on the Storm Android app, where a light blue background screen loads with no map, radar, etc showing.

Mine's been like that since June 18, was showing Missing Mapbox error, the error notice is gone but still just blue screen, identical PC hooked up right next to it has Wundermap working fine, and I have tried every fix or workaround, no joy.

This is similar to another issue I had and related to the cookie string being passed to the web page. I just looked at my wundermap and it too was light blue. However, after changing a couple of the input values I got it to display. The sad part is, the zoom on the wundermap is now totally fouled up. As you zoom in and out, random stations appear and disappear. Here are the values I changed:

&groupHurricane=0&groupFire=0&groupCamsPhotos=0 (changed =1 to =0 in all three cases). If this doesn't work, try other =# values, you might get lucky.

YMMV

Offline cowilliams

« Reply #973 on: October 10, 2018, 03:44:22 PM »
Update: 10/11/18 - I was able to login today.  Not sure what happened, but it is working for me now.

I see that several people have commented they cannot login in via the WU mobile app.  I have the same issue.  I purchased a new iPhone XS Max on Saturday and have not been able to get logged in.  It keeps telling me; "Sorry, there was a problem connecting".  I have deleted and re-installed the app twice, performed the "Forgot Password" process, but nothing seems to work.  I'm logged in on my iPad and my PCs, just not the new phone.

I have submitted a ticket to WU, waiting to hear back.  If anyone has a tip on getting past this issue please let me know.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 04:23:32 PM by cowilliams »

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #974 on: October 10, 2018, 03:52:28 PM »
Welcome to the forum...
Return the iPhone and get an Android. .... :grin:  Nah ...just kidding!
WU employees recently chimed in saying all login issues had been resolved. I guess maybe not.
As a temporary solution you could sign in to WU on the iPhone using the browser instead of the app. Yeah not the same thing, but at least it is something.
Tele-Pole