Author Topic: MovieSalsa Scheduler and Windows7  (Read 4077 times)

Offline obyapka

MovieSalsa Scheduler and Windows7
« on: January 26, 2010, 03:29:21 PM »
I'm in the progress of moving my old WinXP ImageSalsa/MovieSalsa setup on to Windows 7.

I've configured MovieScheduler exactly the same as on my old XP box, and its opening MovieSalsa showing the default tls details, rather than actually performing the movie processing.

If I click on Make Movie, it can create an AVI no problem.

This MovieSchedule works no problem on XP - i.e. it creates an AVI at a set time every night without intervention.

Does anyone have any advice?

regards
Brian

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
Re: MovieSalsa Scheduler and Windows7
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 04:09:31 PM »
one problem might be that Vista and W7 do not allow a .bat file to be executed, if that is what is used to get windows media encoder to create the movie
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 04:26:20 PM »
7 allows .bat files to ber executed if you manage UAC.  Also, an alternative is to compile bat files to exe.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline obyapka

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 06:16:15 PM »
When is a bat file executed?

The MovieSalsa Scheduler is set to open the relevant tls file - not a bat file. In WinXP, you do not see the instance of MovieSalsa appear when called by the scheduler - it only appears as a process (Task Manager). On Windows 7, it appears as a window, and does not process the file.

Is the problem between scheduler calling moviesalsa (either via executable or by tls file association?) or is there some setting that I need to apply?

Offline Vegas

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 01:51:53 PM »
I have MovieSalsa create a timelapse video every night on windows 7, but  I don't use it's scheduler.
I have a .bat file that is run by Task Scheduler every night. That .bat file does several things, but one is to start MovieSalsa and process a tls file.
The line I use in the .bat file is:

MovieSalsa.exe /f=c:\scripts\shed.tls /a

If I remember right /a was the key to getting it to work.

Offline obyapka

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 02:15:34 PM »
I hold my hands up!

As my Win7 is 64 bit, MovieSalsa and ImageSalsa are in the c:\Program Files (x86) folder rather than ordinary program files - and the MovieSalsa scheduler was trying to load the movie tls from c:\program files\moviesalsa. I changed this and voila.

Something to keep an eye out for. (I'm new to x64)